Current Popcorn Bucket Design

JFox

DIS Veteran
Anyone know what the current options are for the refillable popcorn buckets? Not the special one but the regular plastic buckets. Holiday, generic, etc.

Here’s to hoping they still have the Santa Toy Story Alien this week! I want one so bad.
Hollywood studios still had them last night. Not sure if they will be there today since it was the last night of Holiday offerings and decor came down overnight.

I must say, I’ve been to the world 30 times but have never heard of this. Our kids love Disney souvenirs, and would love to add on another annual tradition (not my spouse though who says we have enough paraphernalia as it is....) Can anyone expound on what this popcorn bucket experience is all about?

are you allowed to bring an old refillable bucket back or is that a nono?

I must say, I’ve been to the world 30 times but have never heard of this. Our kids love Disney souvenirs, and would love to add on another annual tradition (not my spouse though who says we have enough paraphernalia as it is....) Can anyone expound on what this popcorn bucket experience is all about?

Purchase a refillable bucket of popcorn, then for the rest of your stay, get a refill for about $2.

I would like to know this as well. I asked the CM I purchased from and they said "they are refillable until Mickey says no". So she was basically saying to bring it with us on the next trip and try to refill it. I wonder if they would refill a Christmas bucket in the middle of summer though.

We’ve been using the same one we bought in May. We’ve used it for three more trips (September, October, and December) and never had a cast member say anything, or even bat an eye when we ask for a refill. I have noticed quite an assortment of different colored non-souvenir buckets around the park (being carried by guests and even different colored buckets for sale at various locations) so I’m guessing it isn’t an issue since all these people are bringing in all different buckets.

BTW-Lisa, I love your dining reports and can’t wait to hear about your next visit!

We carry $2 bills for our refills so all we have to do is hand them the cash and bucket. This makes getting a refill really quick and the cast members seem to like the novelty of the $2.

We’ve been using the same one we bought in May. We’ve used it for three more trips (September, October, and December) and never had a cast member say anything, or even bat an eye when we ask for a refill. I have noticed quite an assortment of different colored non-souvenir buckets around the park (being carried by guests and even different colored buckets for sale at various locations) so I’m guessing it isn’t an issue since all these people are bringing in all different buckets.

BTW-Lisa, I love your dining reports and can’t wait to hear about your next visit!

you are so sweet! I will be starting and see how far I get, last time I petered out during the cruise portion. I think I personally am much more interested in the Disney restaurants. We have lots of stuff booked including the new Storybook dining!

Purchase a refillable bucket of popcorn, then for the rest of your stay, get a refill for about $2.

Thx! Are there buckets that some would consider souvenirs/collectibles? Or “just” a good value for popcorn refills?

Thx! Are there buckets that some would consider souvenirs/collectibles? Or “just” a good value for popcorn refills?

There are your standard buckets in a bucket shape with different designs, and also non conventional collectible buckets (which cost more). On our recent trip, they had the alien buckets from Toy Story which were $25. Normal buckets were about $10. Do a google image search for "disney popcorn buckets" and you'll see some of the designs.

Officially they are listed as “length of stay”. If you get the standard round bucket the design will change periodically (Summer, Halloween, Winter, etc) however some of the others have stayed for a while. I have the Red Baloon Ears bucket that has come with us on multiple day trips over the last few months. As long as it’s still sold in the parks I have no idea how they would know.

Officially they are listed as “length of stay”. If you get the standard round bucket the design will change periodically (Summer, Halloween, Winter, etc) however some of the others have stayed for a while. I have the Red Baloon Ears bucket that has come with us on multiple day trips over the last few months. As long as it’s still sold in the parks I have no idea how they would know.
we have the bucket from last winter which we ended up never refilling, lol. I'd like to bring it back, it is very generic parks with a blue lid.

The $2 refill is the best deal ever. I eat my weight in WDW popcorn each trip. I love it so much. Always refill one last time for a snack on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!