Current Popcorn Bucket Design

I'm always interested in how guests use their snack credits. The first time my husband and I went to WDW together we were at Fantasmic and he used 4 snack credits for 2 bottled waters and 2 boxes of popcorn. I about had a fit. I said iced water is always free and then explained snack values. We are on the same page now.

Whenever we go to WDW during an EPCOT festival we save snacks for the festival booths. Any other time of year we use them for breakfast because I don't eat a big meal first thing in the morning. I try really hard not to end up with any remaining credits on the day of our departure.
My last trip a family member that went with me left 38 snack credits behind. It has been 13 months and i still think of ways she could have spent those credits.
1)38 bottles of coke
2) gifts for all the kids in her sons class
3) Christmas gifts
4) people at work
5) give them to us

I can't wrap my head around it.

My last trip a family member that went with me left 38 snack credits behind. It has been 13 months and i still think of ways she could have spent those credits.
1)38 bottles of coke
2) gifts for all the kids in her sons class
3) Christmas gifts
4) people at work
5) give them to us

I can't wrap my head around it.
Squandered! Oh my word, now I'm going to be thinking about how she could have spent them, too hahaha. How do you just walk away from that many

I'm always interested in how guests use their snack credits. The first time my husband and I went to WDW together we were at Fantasmic and he used 4 snack credits for 2 bottled waters and 2 boxes of popcorn. I about had a fit. I said iced water is always free and then explained snack values. We are on the same page now.

Whenever we go to WDW during an EPCOT festival we save snacks for the festival booths. Any other time of year we use them for breakfast because I don't eat a big meal first thing in the morning. I try really hard not to end up with any remaining credits on the day of our departure.

I 100% agree with this argument and we always try to do the same thing... BUT, last trip we kept saving credits and wound up with about 27 Snacks on our last day and 12 QS. We used a lot of them at the festival and got terrific values, but then it all evened out when we were cashing them in for small bags of pretzels and snacks on our last day.

If we decide to do the DDP moving forward, we all agreed that while we won't be using the DDP willy-nilly, we will try to use our snacks more often then pay OOP if we need something else. IMO, using a snack for a bottled water you need in that very moment is a much better value than using a snack credit on a bag of pretzels that'll just sit in your cupboard when you get home.

I 100% agree with this argument and we always try to do the same thing... BUT, last trip we kept saving credits and wound up with about 27 Snacks on our last day and 12 QS. We used a lot of them at the festival and got terrific values, but then it all evened out when we were cashing them in for small bags of pretzels and snacks on our last day.

If we decide to do the DDP moving forward, we all agreed that while we won't be using the DDP willy-nilly, we will try to use our snacks more often then pay OOP if we need something else. IMO, using a snack for a bottled water you need in that very moment is a much better value than using a snack credit on a bag of pretzels that'll just sit in your cupboard when you get home.
I totally agree!! I still have bagged snacks that we got in May and ended up throwing out the cookies/fresh rice krispy treats my kids picked out as we were leaving because they never ate them.

On the original post, I’ve never paid attention to the popcorn buckets, cause I never wanted to carry them around.....but if I can refill them....adding this to the list! Three kids all getting popcorn uses lots of snack credits!

And, I’m so paranoid about “wasting” my credits, and I’ve got my husband well trained, he’s bought tons of bottled pops, amd we’re left with 15+ credits on the last day! :rolleyes1

I debated heavily with the green alien Christmas bucket and the Sulley bucket this trip but since it was post Christmas I went with Sulley. They now have the regular green alien one in the Incredibles area at DHS too.

How does everyone carry their buckets around the parks? I’d love to do this but it seems like a pain to carry. We will have a backpack, so I guess I could hook it to that, but it will make a bulky item ever larger. Plus trying to get it out of the way on rides, etc when putting the backpack on the floor.

We won’t have a stroller, but we will have a renteed wheelchair. I could maybe figure out a way to attach it to that, but I’d be afraid to leave it when we got on rides.

How does everyone carry their buckets around the parks? I’d love to do this but it seems like a pain to carry. We will have a backpack, so I guess I could hook it to that, but it will make a bulky item ever larger. Plus trying to get it out of the way on rides, etc when putting the backpack on the floor.

We won’t have a stroller, but we will have a renteed wheelchair. I could maybe figure out a way to attach it to that, but I’d be afraid to leave it when we got on rides.
My DH has a carabiner and clips it to his backpack. Also, the handle unhooks, so you can really just clip the bucket to something.

All the years I went to Disney as a child and my parents never figured out the popcorn buckets were refillable! Defo wont be making that mistake. Thanks for bringing this up!

I debated heavily with the green alien Christmas bucket and the Sulley bucket this trip but since it was post Christmas I went with Sulley. They now have the regular green alien one in the Incredibles area at DHS too.
I want the regular green alien bucket! I hope it is still there in March fingers crossed!

Before you get one of the specialty refillable buckets take the practicality into account. We have one of the Christmas Pluto ones and it looks awesome but it's a terrible popcorn bucket!

If you didn't want to carry it around with you, couldn't you buy it at the end of your day/night when going back to hotel?

The $2 refill is the best deal ever. I eat my weight in WDW popcorn each trip. I love it so much. Always refill one last time for a snack on the plane.
Well, it's the best deal ever for WDW. Popcorn is incredibly cheap ... and they're selling the bucket for something like $15 ... then they're getting $2 for about .25 worth of popcorn.
However, since it's whole grain, it's healthier than ice cream or other typical WDW snacks. Easily shareable too.
If you didn't want to carry it around with you, couldn't you buy it at the end of your day/night when going back to hotel?
If I were going to eat the popcorn at the hotel, I'd buy microwave popcorn for the room. No transporting /spilling, and much cheaper.

My DH has a carabiner and clips it to his backpack. Also, the handle unhooks, so you can really just clip the bucket to something.

Same thing here, but beware, we have lost two "lids" recently. I think because of banging into things, but since we did loose them, I clearly am not sure where or why...

If I were going to eat the popcorn at the hotel, I'd buy microwave popcorn for the room. No transporting /spilling, and much cheaper.

I was just making a suggestion for those who just want the bucket for collection purposes and do not want to have to worry about toting around the parks...

Does anyone have any pics of the current (as of now) popcorn buckets? Also, are the toy story buckets only available in toy story land?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!