Currently wandering to....Alaska! Disney Wonder 5/21/18 7-day Cruise (COMPLETE)!!

great reading as we will be on this cruise later this summer

however I have a few questions-----how did you like the Holiday Inn express--we have there rewards card so we like to rake up points to get free nights--so how far was it to the port--did you have a car service from airport to hotel--

also I am looking for menus from recent Alaskan cruise--I like to see what the meals are--I plan ahead LOL

looking forward to hearing more

great reading as we will be on this cruise later this summer

however I have a few questions-----how did you like the Holiday Inn express--we have there rewards card so we like to rake up points to get free nights--so how far was it to the port--did you have a car service from airport to hotel--

also I am looking for menus from recent Alaskan cruise--I like to see what the meals are--I plan ahead LOL

looking forward to hearing more

Hello!

We thought the HIE was fine. Clean rooms (though really small). We were out and about so much that we didn't really spend much time there, nor did we utilize their pool or restaurant (though we did see the pool and it was 1) indoor and 2) small but adequate). We found public transportation to be plentiful (bus and train stops) around the property. We did take a cab to the port. It was super convenient (one was waiting outside the front doors when we came down to the lobby), and took about 5-8 minutes.

As for menus...I think that you would find those on the Disney Cruise Blog. While I took a ton of food pics and will happily share my thoughts, I didn't photograph the menus.

Thanks for following along!

Day 1 (continued):

We made our way back to Spokes to turn in our bikes and find something to eat. I had made a shortlist of restaurants that sounded interesting that were within a few blocks of Stanley Park, and after conferring we decided on Dinesty (Robson Street)! We all had a strong craving for Xiao Long Bao, and the rest of their menu looked great. We made the quick journey there (literally around the corner and a half a block down from the bike shop) and got a table right away. The staff were wonderful, and everyone there seemed to be having a great time. The kitchen area had a glass enclosure which enabled us to see the chefs at work on the noodles and dumplings..and we wanted everything!

After looking at the menu we decided on pork soup XLB, Shanghai fried noodles with chicken, gungbao chicken, and spring rolls to share. It was a good amount of food, but after being up since the wee hours of the morning and traveling all day only to arrive and bike six miles? We cleared it! So delicious..very fresh. We wish we lived closer so we could visit more often!

2235.JPG 2239.JPG 2240.JPG 2237.JPG

We walked up the block and found True Confections...oh goodness. I cannot say enough about this place. Try it (if possible!)!

2241.JPG

We then found our way to the nearest bus stop..but because it was now a bustling Sunday evening on Robson Street a couple passed our stop as they were at capacity. After waiting a bit, and getting chilly/tired we decided to hail a cab. Less than five minutes later we were back at the HIE, and went to bed pretty quickly after. It was a fantastic day in Vancouver, and we looked forward to spending the day further exploring the city upon our return from Alaska.

Resting up for the next morning...a date with the Wonder!

Day 2 (May 21st, 2018): Boarding the Wonder!!!!!

I again woke around 2:30 am (still excited, but feeling tired at this point). I was still on east coast time, and my normal wake up time is around 5:30, so this made sense. I read on my Kindle and tried to rest, but never made it back to sleep. Everyone else started stirring around 7:30 am, and we spent some time eating pastry we had brought back from True Confections and watching Inside Out in the room (getting in the Disney/Pixar spirit, which is never a hardship in our house!). Each of us got ready and moved things around in our backpacks to prepare to board the ship/drop off the majority of our luggage with the port staff. While we were relaxing in the room I checked on our (amazing!) cruise group (on another social media outlet) and found friends posting pictures of the Wonder arriving from its journey up the California coast!
2246.JPG

As our PAT was 11 am, we decided to catch a cab around 10:15 am to make our way there, drop off luggage, and get the lay of the land. We called down to ask the front desk to call a cab, but they indicated one was there waiting. After a quick and efficient check-out we loaded up our luggage and off we went! Our driver, Ahmed, was wonderful. We chatted about his family, immigrating to Canada, and suggestions on where to eat upon our return to Vancouver (though he laughed and said talking about food was a bit hard as we was in the midst of celebrating Ramadan!).

We got more and more excited the closer we got to Canada Place! Ahmed pulled into the underground drop off area, and the kind porter took our bags with the DCL tags attached and whisked them away. We bid Ahmed farewell, and followed the clear signage up to the processing area. We knew we were a bit early, but thought we would take a seat and just get an idea of things. Well, once we arrived the kind staff waived off our PAT and said we should join the line (it was about 10:45 am at this point). We did, and made it through easily! What a great job they did getting so many people processed (with a smile and Disney cheer)! We were pleasantly surprised, and took our Silver lanyards (this was only our second cruise) and paperwork through security (they had a separate line for Global Entry which was wonderful and got us through in just a couple of minutes). We then went to a very large waiting room which filled up quickly with families. There seemed to be plenty of seating, and we passed the time chatting and peeking out the windows at the Wonder! Our boarding group was #5, and before we knew it we were being called and making our way up the path to the Wonder!

2247.JPG 2248.JPG

We were announced by the staff (we continued our tradition of choosing an alias...we were the Gilmore family as an homage to Gilmore Girls). After looking around at the gorgeous atrium, we directed to either Triton's (which is right off of the atrium) for lunch, or instructed to head to Cabanas. The crew member took us aside and gave us a bit of advise. He said we should head down the hall to the aft elevator which would take us right up to Cabanas. We were grateful, and before we knew it we were washing our hands and heading in for lunch!

S really loves Cabanas lunch, and we were cool with choosing this option. It was still pretty early, and we seemed to beat the crowds that came soon after.

We then walked around the ship, exploring and just feeling so happy to finally be on board!!

2253.JPG 2255.JPG 2258.JPG

Day 2 (continued):

After eating (and getting our first ice cream cones!) we slowly wandered around the ship. We located the stores, theaters, and general ways to get to our room. What a gorgeous ship! Our first cruise was on the Dream, and we loved it...but there was something about being on one of the classic (smaller) ships. Easier to navigate, and it felt much easier to get to know crew/fellow passengers. More intimate, maybe?

Close to 1:30 we joined other families on Deck 6 who were waiting to get to their cabins. We soon were unlocking the door to Cabin #6134 (CAT 7A). The cabin is classified as a Navigator Verandah, but it is closer to a CAT 6 (the verandah has a minor obstruction), and is set up for three guests. We loved this cabin...the aft location, the deck, the cabin itself...all great. We hope to stay there again in the future, honestly...it was just perfect.

2278.JPG 2281.JPG 2288.JPG

We also determined that our muster station was in Animators Palate (Group T), which was a welcome change from the deck 4 location we had on our previous cruise. After partially unpacking (several of our bags didn't arrive until close to 4pm) and setting up our Fish Extender and Candy Exchange gifts we made our way to AP at around 2:45 pm. We waited a bit, and got through the drill quickly. After we made our way back to the room to continue to organize. We met our room steward, Cipto, who was fantastic from the first day to the last. He helped us in several instances, and we felt very fortunate to get to know him.

We also took the time to sign up for the 50 mg of free wifi (this was the only area that frustrated me during our cruise, though Anca Maria at the Connect Desk tried very hard to help!) and check to make sure we had a table for four (we prefer to sit alone during our cruises...all being introverts and enjoying our own pacing during meals makes this a better option). Our request had been honored, thankfully.

Soon after we began to pull away from Canada Place and make our way under the Lion's Gate Bridge. See you soon, Vancouver!

2331.JPG 2342.JPG

Our dining rotation was AP-TP-TR-AP-TP-TR-AP, which we were not totally thrilled with. On our 2017 cruise AP was our least favorite menu/dining experience. But, we decided this was a new ship and we would judge this location on its own merits. We were thrilled that we did! We ended up eating at the MDR every night, and the food was fantastic all around. Our wait staff (Englebert/Joseph/Desmond) treated us beautifully, and we looked forward to chatting with them each night (and when we happened to see them around Cabanas during the day). I didn't seem to take any food pics that night (so weird...) but I know we enjoyed ourselves.

We decided to see the late showing of the Beverly Belles that evening in the Walt Disney Theater. A new group on the Wonder who were sort of like the Andrew's Sisters (big band sound) It was..fine. Not our favorite.

After the show we spent a bit of time on the verandah and relaxed. We were on our way to Alaska!

2370.JPG

Attachments

• 2252.JPG
    2252.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Our first cruise was on the Dream, and we loved it...but there was something about being on one of the classic (smaller) ships. Easier to navigate, and it felt much easier to get to know crew/fellow passengers. More intimate, maybe?

We loved this cabin...the aft location, the deck, the cabin itself...all great.

But, we decided this was a new ship and we would judge this location on its own merits.

]
I love the classics. I do feel like you get to know CM’s and fellow passengers so much better than on the larger ships. Makes for a better overall experience IMO.

We have 6134 for our sailing next year. Glad to hear you liked it!

Love AP on the classics, not so much on the Dream class (not a fan of the Crush show at all).

I love the classics. I do feel like you get to know CM’s and fellow passengers so much better than on the larger ships. Makes for a better overall experience IMO.

Love AP on the classics, not so much on the Dream class (not a fan of the Crush show at all).

I think you will love 6134. Great location, and the verandah is perfect for the windy Alaska weather (you can tuck back in the corner and still see everything).

Great start! We sailed the Wonder to Alaska a few years ago and it was wonderful. Looking forward to the rest of your TR. I have never heard of a faster line for Global Entry before - so cool! We have it but figured it wouldn't matter at the port.

We soon were unlocking the door to Cabin #6134 (CAT 7A). The cabin is classified as a Navigator Verandah, but it is closer to a CAT 6 (the verandah has a minor obstruction), and is set up for three guests. We loved this cabin...the aft location, the deck, the cabin itself...all great. We hope to stay there again in the future, honestly...it was just perfect.

6134! Love that cabin. We had it for Alaska last year and again for the Med next week. I think we should have a 6134 fan club. :cool1:

Very much enjoying your report. Thanks for sharing!

Day 3 (Tuesday May 22nd, 2018): Sea Day

I woke up around 5:00 am (better...I slept very well on the lovely DCL mattress and pillows). Kev went to walk on Deck 4 and wait for the fitness center to open at 6:00 am. I read in bed (Force of Nature - Jane Harper. Really enjoyed it, and ended up finishing it by the next evening) until S woke up at 5:45 am and pulled the curtain back to chat and relax watching Natalie and Ashley on the "Good Morning Disney Wonder!" morning show. Soon after it finished we ventured out to deliver our FE and Candy Exchange gifts...we had red fleece blankets and travel games for each cabin and wanted to be sure everyone had time to enjoy them during the cruise. We covered Decks 1, 2, 6, 7, and 8 in short order...It was a great walk and a fun way to start the first full day on board. S was a great help, as always, and we joked that our stealth deliveries were not so stealth...and I may have scared the kind crew members that we encountered with my morning hair, LOL. The temps were cool and the waters a bit choppy, but nothing too horrible. We decided to continue our walk up to Deck 9/10 and got hot chocolate to drink while we enjoyed the views. (The hot chocolate was pretty good, and we drank more of it than I remember having since I was a kid). We both kept remarking how gorgeous the views were, and how we could hardly believe we were finally on our way. Soon after we returned to the cabin to relax on the verandah and enjoy the plate of food we brought back to the room from Cabanas.

2382.JPG 2384.JPG

We set a rough plan for the morning...(second) breakfast at Cabanas, 9 am lecture with the naturalist (Welcome to Southeast Alaska in WDT, relaxing and listening to music in the atrium, taking in the second naturalist lecture at 2 pm (Klondike Gold Rush) in WDT..more music or trivia and then dinner at Tiana's Place. We relaxed and watched Mulan for a bit, and then made our way to eat. After dropping off a plate of goodies for Kev in the cabin we went to Deck 4 to meet Captain America! A short line, and a lot of fun (we were impressed with how in character the crew member was!).

2399.JPG

From there we completed Anna's Chocolate Chase (a fun little scavenger hunt) and went to the first lecture. I got a lot out of it...S was unimpressed. Not at the subject matter (she is a researcher and reader, and had looked forward to the lectures). The gentleman seemed very nice, but he used (a lot) of his own vacation photos and anecdotes about his own friends/family/life). Not exactly what we were expecting. We stayed til the end, and then went to have pizza and ice cream on Deck 9 with Kev shortly after.

2400.JPG 2419.JPG

I walked and explored a bit (went to the DVC presentation) and then returned to the cabin for some down time and catching up on my notes. Kev and S joined me for the Klondike Gold Rush presentation, which was interesting and helped to set the stage for our visit to Skagway and the Klondike National Park site. Before dinner we decided to try to figure out the issue with my phone and the 50 mb of free wifi (not successful) and to return a pullover that Kev had purchased the night before. We were not really impressed with the merchandise this time around (ended up buying more in the ports, and they were totally out of stock on the ship model that I buy and have autographed by the captain). Went to Deck 4 to enjoy the passage through the Granville Channel at 3:30 pm (so gorgeous...) and ventured back to the cabin for a bit. Watched Mary Poppins until it was time to leave for dinner.

2421.JPG 2428.JPG

There was a bit of a line at Tiana's Place, so we decided to go to the Promenade Lounge and relax while listening to the pianist (I don't remember his name). We found that trivia and live music were the biggest surprises for us...we are not usually into that outside of our home. Nevertheless, we loved it and can't wait to brush up on our Disney/Pixar movies before the next cruise!

We walked in to TP at 5:45...what a fun place! Our head waiter spotted us right away and directed someone to take us to our table (#60). Joseph and Desmond had our drinks out before we knew it, and the live music started up. Such a great setting. I had read it was noisy and hard to talk, but we found it not to be a problem at our table (perhaps closer to the stage this would be an issue). We had the:

Hot Crab Dip (YUM!)

2441.JPG

Lentil Soup (Pretty good!)

2442.JPG

(continued in the next post...hit "maximum photo limit")

Attachments

• 2440.JPG
    2440.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 61
More Tiana's Place food photos (I will try to post descriptions, but I didn't photograph the menu and am having to Google for names/decriptions):

2443.JPG 2446.JPG 2448.JPG 2449.JPG 2450.JPG 2451.JPG 2452.JPG 2453.JPG

We loved this meal (aside from the Baked Alaska), and this restaurant! The Crawfish Crooners were a lot of fun, and the atmosphere was a favorite of ours.

After dinner S went back to the cabin to relax on the verandah and I went in search of the laundry facilities on Deck 6. We planned to the Golden Mickey's but all were tired after early wake-ups and travel. I hated to miss it, but we wanted to be well rested for the next day...glaciers!!

2456.JPG

Great report so far. Can't wait to read more.

We sailed the Wonder to Alaska last year and loved it so much. Looking to go again in 2020.

Thanks for sharing. Laura

Day 4 (Wednesday May 23rd, 2018) Glacier Day!!:

We had been told that Tracy Arm was not an option for our cruise (too icy). Has any cruise made it down Tracy Arm in the past 2-3 years? I had pretty much prepared my group for Endicott Arm, and we were told by the crew and the naturalist that Endicott and Tracy are "virtual twins" (though really, how the heck would I know if this was true or not). Either way, we were excited!

It had been a bit of a bumpy night (nothing horrible), and we woke at around 5:30 am. I hung out on the verandah and relaxed with S while Kev went to the gym. Soon after I went to put a load of laundry in (the facilities were really great and they have automated the whole process...you can pay for loads/detergent with your KTTW and then as long as your Navigator app is up you will receive notifications on when your clothes are done).Though...and we learned this the hard way...if anyone in your cabin is still sleeping and/or napping, the Wave Phone goes off when the notification comes through, too. S almost fell out of bed later in the cruise when it started ringing, lol. I didn't have an issue finding an open washer or dryer at any point (I did laundry twice), and had a good time chatting with other guests while we switched out loads or used the iron. Once I got back to the room S was watching Natalie and Ashley on the morning show (I miss this, actually!). I offered to pick up a quick plate of food (first breakfast) for my hungry teenager from Cabanas, to tide her over until we went to eat with Kev. She was very grateful, and we shared some hash browns and pastry while watching part of Pitch Perfect 3.

Once we finished our food in the room we decided to go for a walk around the ship. We explored, and then did some laps around Deck 4 (crowded, people were already in the loungers and taking photos of the gorgeous scenery). Kev messaged that he would meet us at Cabanas, so off we went! We took the stairs about 90% of the time on this cruise. It just seemed easier on the classic ship.

Cabanas was packed, and we realized that we would have to plan a bit better from this point on regarding breakfast buffet and timing. We snagged three seats at the counter that faces the buffet, and it worked out fine.

2387.JPG 2385.JPG

S decided to make her way back to the cabin to rest a bit, and I walked to Port Adventures with Kev to pick up an excursion booklet (in case our Skagway plans were cancelled). We then stopped at the Planning desk to put down a placeholder for a future cruise. We then attended the naturalist lecture:

2464.JPG

It was informative, though I had to relay most of it to Kev as the rocking of the ship and the dark theater lulled him to sleep! Once it was over we went to Deck 10 for some yummy treats and went back to the room to find our light-up snowflakes on the bed!

We all wandered out to the verandah and took photos/used the binoculars from time to time. We also noted that there would be narration during our adventure up the fjord to listen to via the cabin television.

Note: We loved having a verandah on this trip, but didn't feel it was essential. We spent so much time on the decks and near portholes all over the ship that were amazing. We have all decided that, while we loved it, it isn't a deal breaker for us on future cruises. Also, being out on the decks was a great way to chat with other cruisers and to people watch a bit.

2461.JPG

At around 11:45 am I made my way up to the bow of the ship on Deck 10. I wanted to snap some photos and just to see what was going on. It was pretty cold (but clear for the most part), and crowded! I chatted with a family from Canada and a gentleman from Michigan while we all took photos and just enjoyed the scenery. Kev and S joined me for a bit but S preferred the verandah so they ventured back to the cabin. At some point we came to a standstill as the glacier excursion passengers tendered to their ferry boats. Soon after we were on our way again.

2469.JPG 2471.JPG 2476.JPG 2488.JPG

Last edited:
Day 4 (continued):

Soon after we started moving again we noticed an ice float to the right of the ship that seemed to have a bird sitting on it. Upon closer inspection (with our binoculars) we noted it was a Bald Eagle...so gorgeous and just staring at the ship. I didn't take a photo, instead I just soaked in the moment and realized how fortunate I was to be on this amazing adventure. Kev and I talked quietly about how thrilled we were with the trip thus far, and we took in the amazing sights around us.
2495.JPG 2500.JPG

S joined us again as we got closer to the glacier. We enjoyed some hot chocolate (seriously, I never drink this much hot chocolate but when in Alaska...) and took more photos. Soon, we were making our way in to the fjord!!

2501.JPG 2504.JPG

And then? This happened.

IMG_2404 (3).JPG (photo was not taken by me. it was generously shared, to show perspective, by one of my fellow FB cruise group members).

A National Geographic boat literally pulled in front of us, necessitating the Wonder to respond with five horn blasts. It was surreal, we were watching the boat, the people on the boat were staring up at us, and the people on the glacier excursion were also watching and (thankfully) taking amazing photos. The boat pulled out of the way, but wow was it a crazy feeling for a moment there!

We kept on our way, seeing more of the glacier.

2520.JPG

We then decided to move and let someone have our prime spot on Deck 10, as the crowd was at least three people deep in some spots. We were all hungry, so I popped by Deck 9 for pizza, chicken strips, and fries to take back to the room. We snacked on that while alternating out to the verandah for more glacier viewing.

2536.JPG 2523.JPG

At some point we ordered room service for a late lunch, and all enjoyed a cheese plate, wings, a steak panini, and of course dessert!

2511.JPG

We all warmed up, and relaxed before deciding to take a walk around the ship (Deck 4) and see what was going on as we left the glacier area. After a bit we returned to our room to get ready for dinner at Triton's. We found this on our bed:

2554.JPG

We also noted that decorations were up and we were prepping for the Frozen deck party and stage show! We made our way out to catch some of the show (the evening was clear and lovely).

Continued in the next post...

Day 4 (continued):

Dinner at Triton's was delicious! I didn't manage to get a photo of the escargot until we had started to clear it!

2540.JPG 2542.JPG 2443.JPG 2544.JPG 2545.JPG 2548.JPG 2549.JPG 2550.JPG

I left just prior to the end of our dinner service (while S was waiting to see if her solution to the crayon trick was correct) to walk to the WDT and get seats for Frozen. Kev and S joined me soon after, and we enjoyed this show very much! Beauty and the Beast (on the Dream) is still our favorite, but this was a close second.

After the show we walked around a bit, still enjoying the crisp air and views. We made our way to our cabin soon, though, as we knew the next day would bring much adventure (fingers crossed!).

Thoughts...I enjoyed being on Deck 10 as we neared the glacier, but would have been fine on the verandah, too. We planned to find the chunk of ice they bring on deck to touch, but missed it. We spotted it during the Frozen deck show, in the small gazebo near the stage.

Day 5 (Thursday, May 24th, 2018) Skagway:

As you might expect from previous entries, I woke up around 5 am and read until everyone else started to stir. Kev went to work out, and S bundled up and joined me on a walk to Deck 10 to take photos as we pulled in to Skagway:

2580.JPG

I was watching the weather closely, as our planned excursion hinged on it. We had book Helicopter/Dogsledding on a Glacier package directly through Temsco, which offered us a considerable savings over booking through DCL. We debated this for some time, honestly, and were concerned about many factors (what if we got stranded?) but Temsco was great about answering my questions and emails. They guaranteed they would have us back, and if they weren't able to they would get us to the next port at their cost. While still concerning, we decided to go for it.

The other concern was...this is (apparently) the most cancelled excursion that you can book on the Alaska itinerary. We were told that about 35-40% of people go up prior to the cruise. Needless to say, I was watching my phone (they would email or text if we were grounded). Our scheduled time to report to the air pad was 12:00 pm. We decided that, to make the most of our day, we would have breakfast and head off the ship to explore Skagway prior to making our way to Temsco.

We ate at Cabanas around 7:15, and it was already hopping! We disembarked at 8:00 am, and our first stop was the Klondike Gold Rush National Park site. We had our NPS passports packed, along with S's Junior Ranger booklet. What a gem this was! Beautifully detailed, great rangers, and the movie was wonderful about showing the female perspective/role in Skagway's "gold"-en history.

2593.JPG 2605.JPG 2608.JPG

We then left to walk around the small town shopping area, though we did get off the beaten path a bit to explore the IGA, etc.

2598.JPG 2611.JPG

All the while I was checking my phone and confirmed for Kev and S that we hadn't heard anything yet. We all knew that this really meant nothing...some people had been cancelled while sitting in the helicopter, and others diverted while in the air! Still hopeful, we started to walk over to the air pad, which was about a ten minute walk from the Wonder. An easy walk, though it was crazy windy and that made things a bit interesting (being so close to the water).

We arrived at Temsco a few minutes early, and checked in with the kind staff at the front desk. They checked my confirmation email and asked each of us to step on the scale (and to keep cameras and phones in our pockets for accurate weight). They explained that anyone over 250 lbs is charged an extra fee, and that they use the weights to assign seating on the helicopter. Once we were done we were invited to have coffee or hot chocolate as we waited for our orientation and safety gear. We were getting closer, but still held our breath. Would we make it to the Denver Glacier?

Day 5 (continued):

Our group was called for orientation, and we met several other DCL families that had booked directly with Temsco for the excursion. We all joked that if we were delayed at least we would have good company! We watched short safety video, and were suited up with boot covers, a kind of fanny pack that help a flotation device, and signed more than a few waivers. Lockers were provided to stow our bags (nothing except small cameras and phones allowed) and were walked out to the air pad! So close!

2638.JPG

The guide helping us line up said that about 45% of their flights in Skagway make it to the glacier daily, which was a bit better odds than we had previously heard. Soon we were in line and ready to board! We watched our helicopter land and were told to walk in formation directly to the open door on the side. The staff would introduce us to our pilot (Ian), buckle us in, and would wave goodbye as we headed on our way.

2639.JPG 2642.JPG 2645.JPG

Before we knew it we were lifting off and heading up and away!

2660.JPG 2671.JPG 2681.JPG

In the third photo above you can see the base camp as we approached it. The scale of the glacier was amazing!

We landed easily after chatting with our pilot (not easy via headsets) the whole way up. He gave us a great over view of the area, tidbits about the tourist industry in Skagway, and tips to think about after we landed on the glacier. A great flight, and a wonderful pilot!

Soon after we landed we were met by a staff member who ushered us to a post with an American flag on it. She asked that we stick close to that post, for our safety. We looked around at the main building (little more than a shed) and the raised wooden structures that the staff slept in. There were 16 staff (including mushers) on the glacier, and over 200 dogs. We were assigned to Joey and his rig for our mushing experience. We started to walk over, and I promptly had one leg sink to my knee in the snow! They said it is very common, and to just take our time. So surreal!

We got to meet Joey soon after, and spend some time with the dogs. It was love at first sight!

2692.JPG 2687.JPG 2703.JPG

Day 5 (completion):

We then headed to the rig and got ready for our run. The dogs were so excited to get going, and we were on our way! We completed about a three mile loop, and the snow really picked up while we were out there. It was hard to photograph, but the white on white was disorienting in a way. Luckily we had guideposts (and Joey!) to get us through.

2719.JPG

We got back to camp, and said thank you and goodbye to Joey. We got to see some of the puppies...oh goodness. I wanted to bundle one up and bring her home!

Our ride was pulling in, and it was time to say goodbye to the glacier and dogs. What an adventure!!!

2743.JPG 2741.JPG 2760.JPG

We bid the amazing Temsco staff goodbye and boarded a shuttle back to the Wonder. We were buzzing...had it really happened? It had! We did it!!

After boarding we made our way to our cabin to change and rest a bit. We made our way to Animator's Palate for the Frozen menu. It was..not my favorite. I loved the salad and dessert, which was more than enough. We had a relaxing meal, and made our way to listen to live music in the atrium and talk about our day!

Early to bed, as we were all pretty tired. I read for a bit, finishing my book. I drifted off to sleep with visions of puppies, the sound of my daughter laughing as she mushed a rig of dogs on a glacier, and thinking of the smile on Kev's face as we took off towards the glacier. So, so grateful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!