Cutting it close (too close?)

TheBigErn

DIS Veteran
We're staying at Ft. Wilderness November 27-December 1. We have reservations for Hoop- Dee-Doo at 8:30pm. Our plane lands at 5:30pm and we're taking a rental car to the resort. We're 4 adults. Will our 3 hour window be enough time?

You should be OK if there are no delays. Two ways to make it less tight are to send your checked bags to the resort ahead of time using a luggage delivery service such as Luggage Free, and to make sure you are enrolled in a rental car premium program such as National Emerald Club or Hertz Gold so you can just grab your car and leave without waiting in line.

That should be plenty of time baring any significant events.

Well and as long as there is a bus up front when you arrive. The internal bus is going to be the big unknown in this voyage.
I am guessing you are staying in a cabin. That is where you will park, after passing thru security, or the lot out front. There is no parking near HDDR.

Personally, I'd be concerned that you may cut it close. That's the day before Thanksgiving and there's going to be SO many people traveling then. If you don't have checked bags, then that will help you get out of the airport quicker. Hopefully the planets will all be aligned and you'll get there quickly.

We're staying at Ft. Wilderness November 27-December 1. We have reservations for Hoop- Dee-Doo at 8:30pm. Our plane lands at 5:30pm and we're taking a rental car to the resort. We're 4 adults. Will our 3 hour window be enough time?

This why I can never recommend hard fast ressies for arrival day. You risk losing your payment or walking in late having missed something (to a very expensive meal)... But if its worth the risk to you, than its worth the risk to you. Its not to me & I don't make ressies for arrival day. I would plan chip n dale campfire for that, if we miss it, we miss it. I don't want to start my vacay in hurry up panic mode. But, Disney seems to be pushing this scenario more & more.

I should add we have a golf cart.

So you are flying in and are bringing a golf cart ?? Or you are renting a golf cart ?

If renting a golf cart you would still have the check out process of the golf cart and then the ride from the front office to HDDR. This is a mile trip, and well the golf cart is doing about 15mph...then hopefully you can find somewhere by HDDR to park it. That lot is usually full first thing in the morning from people going to MK for the day.

So you are flying in and are bringing a golf cart ?? Or you are renting a golf cart ?

If renting a golf cart you would still have the check out process of the golf cart and then the ride from the front office to HDDR. This is a mile trip, and well the golf cart is doing about 15mph...then hopefully you can find somewhere by HDDR to park it. That lot is usually full first thing in the morning from people going to MK for the day.
Renting a golf cart obviously. I don't think I can get a golf cart in my overhead.

Our plane lands at 5:30pm
Your whole plan relys on your flight being on time and actually arriving in Orlando at 5:30. Afternoon flights are notoriously late, bumped, and jammed up at the gate. Then you are hitting rush hour traffic. Too stressful for me. I would change those ressies to another day and enjoy your travel day. HHDR is way too much fun and would be sad to miss because of things you have no control over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts