D23’s Mickey’s at Glendale Event 6/9/18

Firebird060

Kilted in Disney
Here at the D23’s Mickey’s of Glendale shopping event at WDW Contemporary. Looks like a bunch of Pre released Toy Story Land merch here. Kinda excited for this event, the only thing that will be leaving unhappy is my much lighter wallet.

Here at the D23’s Mickey’s of Glendale shopping event at WDW Contemporary. Looks like a bunch of Pre released Toy Story Land merch here. Kinda excited for this event, the only thing that will be leaving unhappy is my much lighter wallet.
I know I’m seeing stuff on social media and jealous of those attending.

Gotta day I like the look of a lot of that Toy Story stuff vs what has been revealed to be for the general public

It was a fun event, of course the pins sold out quickly but overall a good day especially since right now i’m A trader sams and ryno from the podcast wonders on in. It’s a good Disney day

Last edited:
It was a fun event, of course the pins sold out quickly but overall a good day especially since right now i’m A trader sams and ryno from the podcast wonders on in. It’s a good Disney day
I believe you just got a shoutout on the podcast!

I believe you just got a shoutout on the podcast!

Now I will have to check out this weeks podcast. Lol i doubt it was me he was mentioning though. There was another Dis Unplugged fan who seriously fan girled out over Ryno, I sat between her and him, and my wife snapped the photo for them but we kinda keep a low profile. Im reserved when it comes to the Podcast people. They are just regular people who just happen to have a job I would love to have. But now I am curious and off to listen to the podcast. Thank you rteetz for the heads up

Last edited:
Now I will have to check out this weeks podcast. Lol i doubt it was me he was mentioning though. There was another Dis Unplugged fan who seriously fan girled out over Ryan, I sat between her and him, and my wife snapped the photo for them but we kinda keep a low profile. Im reserved when it comes to the Podcast people. They are just regular people who just happen to have a job I would love to have. But now I am curious and off to listen to the podcast. Thank you rteetz for the heads up

Key takeaway I got was this person watched the podcast while in the shower ... so not sure if that describes you or not

Now I will have to check out this weeks podcast. Lol i doubt it was me he was mentioning though. There was another Dis Unplugged fan who seriously fan girled out over Ryan, I sat between her and him, and my wife snapped the photo for them but we kinda keep a low profile. Im reserved when it comes to the Podcast people. They are just regular people who just happen to have a job I would love to have. But now I am curious and off to listen to the podcast. Thank you rteetz for the heads up
Oh ok, he mentioned Trader Sam's so I thought of you since you said you met him there.

Key takeaway I got was this person watched the podcast while in the shower ... so not sure if that describes you or not
Lol nope, I watch it while at work so it was the lady who was there and had her picture taken. One thing I can say is that as much as Ryno likes mint Juleps, that is not what he ordered at Trader Sams. He got a OH AH for someone he had with him.

Last edited:
Lol nope, I watch it while at work so it was the lady who was there and had her picture taken. One thing I can say is that as much as Ryan likes mint Juleps, that is not what he ordered at Trader Sams. He got a OH AH for someone he had with him.
My wife was happy though because she got a black pearl. It was a great night overall. Even though im not a big Boozer i will say Trader Sams is one of my happy places.

Also I am sure if Ryno was mentioning me, he would have mentioned me in my kilt. It tends to be what people remember from me. a 6ft 6 guy in a kilt is somewhat memorable from what I am told and I am always in one of my Kilts at Disney, except on the occasions I am trying to Ride Flights of Passage, that is the only time at Disney you wont see me in a kilt.

Last edited:
My wife was happy though because she got a black pearl. It was a great night overall. Even though im not a big Boozer i will say Trader Sams is one of my happy places.

Congrats on the Black Pearl! We have 3 of the white ones - but my wife would love to get a black one. Fortunately she really likes the drink that is served in them so not a lot of twisting her arm to order another (I prefer the zombie head and the dark and tropical stormy)

The black pearl really depends on the server. My wife has one white and now one black. I feel like if you watch the room and notice that no one else has ordered a pearl recently, just ask for a peal and not a black one. They will grab a black just to add to the show that is traders sam. Now if they are selling alot of them, its prob less likely they will pull out a black pearl as it wont add to the over all show up the room. We had a great server who was even nice enough to have my wife help her give out a second black pearl that night after Ryno and his group left. The table that came in after Rynos noticed my wife had a black pearl and mentioned to the server that a person there had 8 white ones. The server told them they should never ask for a black pearl and then grabbed my wife about 30 minutes later. Ask her to help give the table next to us a black pearl as well.

So she brought out a pearl under a napkin and put it on our table and then proceeded to do a magic trick with a white pearl under a napkin at the table next to us. She waved a wand and poof a white pearl. The guys face dropped in sadness and then of course the waitress showed the white pearl was empty did more "magic" and poof my wife reveals the now second black pearl on our table for the guy at the table next to us. It was fun and needless to say the waitress got a nice a tip.

So my rule of thumb for black pearls. Is dont ask for one, dont expect one and watch the room to see how many pearls are being ordered also of course play around with the room and always yell 2 shots of rum when the hippoto mi tais are ordered

The black pearl really depends on the server. My wife has one white and now one black. I feel like if you watch the room and notice that no one else has ordered a pearl recently, just ask for a peal and not a black one. They will grab a black just to add to the show that is traders sam. Now if they are selling alot of them, its prob less likely they will pull out a black pearl as it wont add to the over all show up the room. We had a great server who was even nice enough to have my wife help her give out a second black pearl that night after Ryno and his group left. The table that came in after Rynos noticed my wife had a black pearl and mentioned to the server that a person there had 8 white ones. The server told them they should never ask for a black pearl and then grabbed my wife about 30 minutes later. Ask her to help give the table next to us a black pearl as well.

So she brought out a pearl under a napkin and put it on our table and then proceeded to do a magic trick with a white pearl under a napkin at the table next to us. She waved a wand and poof a white pearl. The guys face dropped in sadness and then of course the waitress showed the white pearl was empty did more "magic" and poof my wife reveals the now second black pearl on our table for the guy at the table next to us. It was fun and needless to say the waitress got a nice a tip.

So my rule of thumb for black pearls. Is dont ask for one, dont expect one and watch the room to see how many pearls are being ordered also of course play around with the room and always yell 2 shots of rum when the hippoto mi tais are ordered

great story! Love when CMs do things like that ... in the end doesn't' really cost Disney much and probably made that person's trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!