D23 Expo September 9-11, 2022 Superthread **Updates in Posts 2 & 3**

Original Ticket Pricing *Went on Sale 1.20.2022*

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 10.51.34 PM.png

Availability as of 6.9.2022

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 10.47.00 PM.png

Purchase Gold Tickets Here and General Tickets Here.

Last edited:
Hall D23 Schedule

Friday, September 9
Disney100
kicks off at D23 Expo on Friday, September 9, at 10:30 a.m. with an epic presentation that includes the Disney Legends Awards Ceremony, featuring Disney CEO Bob Chapek. The Disney Legends Ceremony will once again honor those visionaries and artists who have made significant contributions to the Disney legacy. Look for the names of the 2022 inductees to be announced in the coming weeks.

At 3:30 p.m., guests will be treated to new details, first looks, sneak peeks, surprises, and announcements regarding upcoming theatrical and Disney+ titles from Disney Live Action, Pixar Animation Studios, and Walt Disney Animation Studios. Studio heads, filmmakers, and cast members will come together onstage with the inside scoop on some of these studios’ most exciting titles.

Saturday, September 10
Filmmakers, celebrity talent, and surprise guests will join representatives from Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm, among others, onstage in Hall D23 at 10 a.m. to showcase theatrical and Disney+ titles. Going behind the scenes of these studios’ highly anticipated films, specials, and series, attendees will see exclusive footage and be among the first to learn what else is in the works.

At 3:30 p.m., Disney Branded Television, home to some of the most iconic stories and characters in the Disney canon—including Peabody Award winners Doc McStuffins and The Owl House, plus the culture-defining movie franchises High School Musical and Descendants—will present an exclusive showcase of upcoming content that will continue the legacy of excellence in storytelling. The showcase will feature talent appearances and never-before-seen sneak previews of original content for Disney+, Disney Channel, and Disney Junior, including looks at the new Disney+ Original series National Treasure, American Born Chinese, and The Santa Claus.

Sunday, September 11
At 10:30 a.m., join Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D'Amaro for a look at Disney’s boundless future. With announcements and updates on the magic happening around the world in parks, on the high seas, at home, and beyond, attendees will get a behind-the-scenes look at the big dreams of Disney Imagineers. Every Disney fan will want to be a part of this special presentation full of exciting news and surprises.

At 4:15 p.m., Disney Concerts will present a special performance of Disney Princess – The Concert, featuring Tony® nominee Susan Egan (Broadway’s original Belle in Beauty and the Beast, Meg in Disney’s animated feature Hercules), Broadway.com® Audience Award nominee Isabelle McCalla (Princess Jasmine in Aladdin, The Prom), Disney Channel star Anneliese van der Pol (That’s So Raven, Raven’s Home, Broadway’s final Belle in Beauty and the Beast), and Broadway World Award winner Syndee Winters (Broadway’s Nala in The Lion King, Hamilton). Music director Benjamin Rauhala (Fiddler on the Roof, The Secret Life of Bees) and Prince Adam J. Levy (Moulin Rouge) will also join the quartet. The acclaimed cast will perform favorite Disney Princess and Frozen songs, including classics such as “Part of Your World,” “Let It Go,” “A Whole New World,” “Colors of the Wind,” and “Almost There.” The performers will share exclusive, hilarious, and heartfelt behind-the-scenes stories from their time on the stage and screen.

Source

Last edited:

Not a fan of the dates, doesn't work well with my work schedule but I'm hoping to be able to go for at least 2 days.

Really wish that I could attend a D23 Expo. However its a stretch for me as I live on the east coast. I was hoping that maybe, just maybe the 2021 expo would be held at Walt Disney World because of the 50th anniversary.

Not a fan of the September date. They couldve at least done labor day weekend. Do you guys think D23 will be on even years going forward or do you think this is only an exception/delay and 2023 will have another D23 event? If so would you go to both or just one? Also glad to see familiar faces again 🙂

Maybe this will be enough time for my friends to forgot about the online fiasco in 2019 and be willing to go in 2022. I'm game. I was worried when they were both scheduled for 2021. Probably can't make both.

Weird date. A lot of back-to-school stuff those first two weeks. Really would put a damper on kids attending the expo and become an adult fair along with more local. Very perplexing; but works toward our favor :)

Weird date. A lot of back-to-school stuff those first two weeks. Really would put a damper on kids attending the expo and become an adult fair along with more local. Very perplexing; but works toward our favor :)

The date last time already precluded my son. I came without him, and daddy sacrificed and stayed home. Although, sleeping on hard concrete for days was already a big sacrifice :rotfl2: A lot of states start back in August before Labor Day. Coming out of state for a weekend once school has started is kind of hard.

Do you guys think D23 will be on even years going forward or do you think this is only an exception/delay and 2023 will have another D23 event?

I don't think they will have an event in 2022 and 2023. Since the Expo is where they announce major projects, I don't see how they can have that many projects to announce to hold events in back to back years especially in the financial situation they're in now.

Most likely, it'll be 2022, then 2024. If it's in 2024, they could preview Disneyland's 70th anniversary.

I do see a scenario where they go 2022, then 2025...again because of the current financial situation and with projects getting postponed.

If COVID active in 9/2022 --- [burying head in sand and yelling/crying]
I don't think they can (or should) return to the utter free for all that things were during previous Expos. A focus on safety will reassure guests and help sell tickets, don't you think? Especially for guests with disabilities and any other health concerns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter