D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there wasn't a full catalogue released, @Curlyxz. Sorcerers were given a catalogue of sorts of items they could RSP and pre-purchase... I don't have the link handy, you can look on eBay (search D23 Expo 2017) - lots of the items are already showing there.

Oh man, you were right about the eBay listings as there are a lot already. Are the people making these posting those that bought Sorcerer's Packages or are they just banking on being there early to be able to get these items they're selling? Either way, really shady practice.

Thank you! This was what I was looking for. Cheers!

just got back from the mailbox - got our D23 Expo event passes!! So excited! came with a letter giving a brief breakdown of rules such as parking, security and entrance locations!
Woo Hoo!!
Yup. I was out of town at a comic book convention and they were waiting on the table when we got back late last night.

Apparently they will allow overnight lines on Thursday and Friday nights (starting at 10pm both nights), but not on Saturday night. No clue what that means for how things are going to get sorted out Sunday morning, but no lines will be allowed until 6AM that day. Also no re-entry to the lines is allowed and they will have limited concessions available overnight. Sounds like inside queues to me.

Thanks @mickeytotallyrock - I didn't have the link saved. :thumbsup2

@Curlyxz The RSP lists for the Sorcerers came about last Wednesday, so I believe a fair number (if not all, honestly) of the listings on eBay are from Sorcerers. I've been watching for the last few weeks to see what is being listed and for what price...annoyed at it, as well as fascinated.

I'm starting to think about the first Alan Menken concert. I have to wonder when it will fill to capacity. Sunday really sounds like the down day when lots of people will be leaving Anaheim early.

I know there's no way to anticipate when it will be full but it sure would be nice if you didn't have to wait too long.

For musical concerts I am not worried about sitting near the front. This could be a good one to drop by a little before it starts and see what's up. If it's full there's always the next showing.

I'm starting to think about the first Alan Menken concert. I have to wonder when it will fill to capacity. Sunday really sounds like the down day when lots of people will be leaving Anaheim early.

I know there's no way to anticipate when it will be full but it sure would be nice if you didn't have to wait too long.

For musical concerts I am not worried about sitting near the front. This could be a good one to drop by a little before it starts and see what's up. If it's full there's always the next showing.
You are right. No way to know. I am planning 90 minutes early at this point (maybe 2 hrs) for all the reasons you mention. I might poke my head in at some point earlier to see how fast it is filling. Won't hurt that there are two concerts, either.

:wizard:

Another hypothetical. Say I arrive early to the expo and get in line at 5 am for the legends panel on Friday. Is there anyway for me to go get a shop pass or stage pass once those begin to be handed out? I'll be in a group so someone can save my place.

Or are you stuck in those early panel lines until the panel is finished?

Another hypothetical. Say I arrive early to the expo and get in line at 5 am for the legends panel on Friday. Is there anyway for me to go get a shop pass or stage pass once those begin to be handed out? I'll be in a group so someone can save my place.

Or are you stuck in those early panel lines until the panel is finished?
If they do it like 2015, yes, someone can go get Passes. Sometimes the lines for Passes can get quite long themselves.

I am planning to do the same thing.

@OhioStateBuckeye They have in, the past, allowed a single person to take a credential for others and get a StagePasses for all. It may also be true for the StorePass, but I was never getting one of those.

The only issue I can see with your plan is that they have been super-strict about people lining up in Hall E overnight - they capped the Hall E lines at 7am, so people couldn't join those lines after that point, they lined up outside. They have allowed some movement (with wristbands) to allow people from the Hall E Hall D23 lines to leave to use the restroom, get snacks...but you are essentially talking about moving from the main Hall D23 line to the general floor line in Hall E - you would have to be in the Hall D23 line to get a wristband (if they do indeed use wristbands in 2017, still an unknown) and they don't allow saving of spots...see the possible issues here? I'm not sure enough information has been released yet to make an accurate guess.

Last edited:

I wonder if Fantasmic returning the following day will have any effect in crowd sizes for Sunday. I have read online about some people looking to extend their stays since the Fantasmic announcement. Friday and Sunday single day passes are yet to sell out so that might be an indication.

Well, I ended up having to cancel the Hilton. They wouldn't let us shorten the stay by a night, and we found a hotel for $100 cheaper per night, even at our low rate we had for the Hilton. Sad we won't be right across the walkway, but more money for the Expo!

Well, I ended up having to cancel the Hilton. They wouldn't let us shorten the stay by a night, and we found a hotel for $100 cheaper per night, even at our low rate we had for the Hilton. Sad we won't be right across the walkway, but more money for the Expo!

That's too bad. Where'd you end up? We're at cortona.

That anniversary Oswald is adorable! I'm dying to see what Steiff has, especially with the Gold Member discount.

@ashley0139 We got our credentials last night and they do not specifically signify Gold Member on them...I'm guessing since there is one general line (I know there is more than one line, but you know what I mean: one entry time for all rather than the early entry "benefit") that the membership card itself is more important for the new benefits than having it printed on the credential. And they often messed up the credentials in the past even after telling people they needed the card anyway, so....

I do not remember. Maybe someone else does? There are vendors selling hot and cold food. The lines can get extremely long so try and go at non-peak times.

I always bring lots of filling snacks/fruit etc. because sometimes you get in a situation where it is not practical to go and get food and you want something to fall back on.

I recommend snack too. Sometimes I just don't have time to go get food, if I'm running from one thing to the next.

What time do the stores typically open?

They open the same time as the floor.

That sucks. I am really spoiled with the Hilton being so close. I actually tried to add a day and they were going to charge me a lot more. I did a new reservation just for the extra day and it was a lot cheaper. Weird how that worked.

That sucks. I am really spoiled with the Hilton being so close. I actually tried to add a day and they were going to charge me a lot more. I did a new reservation just for the extra day and it was a lot cheaper. Weird how that worked.

Yeah, we ended up not needing the Sunday night, so we tried to cancel that night but it was going to bump the rate up over $70 per night. It's saving us a lot of money in the end so it's okay. One day we'll end up at the Hilton for the Expo!

Yeah, we ended up not needing the Sunday night, so we tried to cancel that night but it was going to bump the rate up over $70 per night. It's saving us a lot of money in the end so it's okay. One day we'll end up at the Hilton for the Expo!

You just do what you have to do. It's not even the same room type for me, so I'm going to have to move for the last night, but it was well worth the savings. I asked if they could add a night and they said they could, but it would change the rates for the whole rest of my trip. I thought "I'll show you!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!