D23, What's the Big Deal?

MountNittany

DIS Veteran
MODS: Sorry, not sure if this is on the right board.

What's the big deal with D23? To me, it seems like you are paying $80 for a certificate, 4 magazines, and a card that lets you buy more things. I just don't get why it is worth the amount of money that they are charging.

ETA: Also, it says that you have to be 18 to purchase any D23 merchandise, so, since I am under 18, if I get a membership, could one of my parents purchase D23 merchandise for me with my membership?

Thanks!

I agree with you. I think they overpriced this. I belonged to the old Disney Club and liked the 10% discount at the Disney Store. There were some other perks too. The new D23 mag has great photos. The cost of $75.00 is a too high they must have thought this was a great idea with the economy back in early 2008. I'd rather throw my money at Carolwood Foundation and Society. Walt's old train barn.

I might have done it last year in the Summer, but it's a little much in these times... maybe if it clears up some, I can still get the charter membership by Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter