Daddy Daughter Disney Dash - January 2018 -- COMPLETED

forgive my ignorance -- but what is DDCC8?

we'll be there 1/25-1/31
Sorry...Disney Dads Club Convention. We/they do it every year around the marathon weekend. It started out with a few of the dads running the marathon and others coming to support them. It's turned into a full blown fun time with a bunch of fellow Disdads.

Speaking of disdads, do you know about the disdads thread on here?

Sorry...Disney Dads Club Convention. We/they do it every year around the marathon weekend. It started out with a few of the dads running the marathon and others coming to support them. It's turned into a full blown fun time with a bunch of fellow Disdads.

Speaking of disdads, do you know about the disdads thread on here?
I did know about it -- poked around a few years ago, but never stuck around. Any particular threads I should check out?

Hello everyone!!!

Well -- it's been 2 long years since this trip and about a year since I finished posting the last update to the TR...but guess what that means????

My youngest is turning 5 years old this year....

...and.....

WE'RE TWO DAYS AWAY FROM STARTING DADDY DAUGHTER DISNEY DASH part DEUX

tenor.gif

Since the last daddy/daughter trip -- I managed to talk the wife into buying MORE DVC points...so now we own at the Riviera as well. With that in mind -- my upcoming trip with DD2 is going to be 6 nights total, with 3 at RIV and 3 at VGF.

DD2 -- codename - C-Dawg -- is right about 40" so I am REALLY hoping she doesn't come up a mm short. I might have to stuff a few napkins in her shoe...b/c she is really excited about riding some of the bigger rides this go around.

Tentative plans are as follows:

Day 1 -- Fly out 7:30 am and arrive at hotel around noon. Go from RIV to DHS via skyliner (her first time to ride them) for ressie at Ogas and do TSL rides and TOT. May or may not stay for F!
Day 2 -- Supposed to be an Epcot day. Have a PPO breakfast at GG...but toying with idea of getting up early to make a boarding group for ROTR at 7 am, and THEN heading to breakfast...and then going to DHS whenever our boarding group is called. Hope to Catch the broadway show at 5:30 pm and do hibachi grill for dinner.
Day 3 -- character breakfast at Riviera and then we WERE going to do water parks -- but the weather is not looking amenable for that -- so we'll see. Might try to do the boarding group this morning as well. If weather too cold for swimming -- then it will be putt putt at fantasia gardens and more DHS/epcot time
Day 4 -- hotel switch. Bon Voyage currently booked (may cancel) -- pirate cruise -- B&C for sundaes and then head to DAK or VGF depending on our mood. DATE NIGHT!!!
Day 5 -- MK AM with PPO BOG. Head back to hotel early afternoon -- possible Captain hook pirate cruise for C-Dawg while I hit up Yachtsman (so good). Also thinking about renting a searacer at VGF after MK park time.
Day 6 -- 4 parks in one day??? CRT for dinner.
Day 7 -- sleep in and hit up MK and/or pool time.

I've got two more things to finish up at work and then it'll be GO TIME!!!!

Last edited:

How do you do that?
Me: Maybe we should buy DVC?
DW: That's a waist of money.
Me: okay
DW: Spends $10,000 on stuff I never even see.

Well -- for the Riviera purchase -- I basically liquidated my disney and IBM stocks that were in my personal account. That way it didn't dip into any savings.

So basically I traded stock for timeshare -- what could possibly go wrong?

Well -- for the Riviera purchase -- I basically liquidated my disney and IBM stocks that were in my personal account. That way it didn't dip into any savings.

So basically I traded stock for timeshare -- what could possibly go wrong?
That'd work. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter