Daddy Daughter Disney Dash - January 2018 -- COMPLETED

Thank you. Never quite got into that one.
Next up is the floss.

giphy.gif

Awww... must have tons of video of that one.

got a pretty good amount on that one -- and our first WDW trip in 2016.

No. To be quite frank, no I don't. That ticks me off, actually. I don't want to breathe in your (his) poison, thankyouverymuch.

Do you have any idea how many times I've seen someone toss a butt out the window? And how many people I've wanted to dump an entire truckful of used butts on their lawns?

Yeah -- the smell of cigarette and fudge/pastries while walking down main street was definitely off putting. It was just so shocking to see it all over the place. And the amount of line cutting that occurred was baffling.

Both of your girls are so cute! Sad to see your trip report end, but it seems like it was an amazing trip!

Thanks for following along!

I know the feeling. I've been slowly working on my first trip report over the last few months and it's nearing the end. It will be a bit sad when it's all done.

I'll need to go check yours out. I've been distracted from reading TRs the last few weeks with all of the DVC mess. Maintenance fees increased dramatically for many places, huge point reallocations that seem to go against everything we were told, and new resale restrictions put in place. Sad to see Disney going the way of other timeshare companies.

Interesting side note. My DD loves stuffed toys. She has that same Lady stuffie :)
My DDs love them, my DW thinks they're clutter.

Thanks for inspiring me to at least consider doing a Dad/daughter trip one day.

giphy.gif

only able to type with one hand so excuse typos & shortcuts

Next up is the floss.

strangely enough... im okay with that. maybe watching years of dance recitals/competitions has desensitized me

got a pretty good amount on that one -- and our first WDW trip in 2016.

:goodvibes

Yeah -- the smell of cigarette and fudge/pastries while walking down main street was definitely off putting. It was just so shocking to see it all over the place.

yuck. you've just given me another reason not to go. gross.

And the amount of line cutting that occurred was baffling.

really? gimme examples?

really? gimme examples?

Well -- while in line at Tower of Terror, we were going through a bunch of switch-backs and instead of staying in line, several people just decided to jump over the switch-backs and cut in front of about 30 people...WHILE THERE WAS A CM RIGHT THERE! Luckily the CM said something...but their mentality was like there was nothing wrong.

Also -- while in POC, the family behind us was constantly bumping into us and looking for ways to go around us. The line aisles are quite large at some points in that line (particularly if the line bends or turns), and they would use that extra room to try and get in front. DW was about to lose her mind.

The other two instances were the kids/teenagers that pretend their family is up front and they just charge through the line while mumbling something about their parents. The second time it happened, it was a boy and girl (guessing 10-12 years old -- presumably siblings), but the boy hesitated a little and looked guilty. I gave him the stank-eye and he immediately halted his forward assault, which forced his sister to come back and stay with him.

I've seen this happen at a local Six Flags, but I can't recall it happening at WDW -- of course, I'm typically in a FP line, so I'm not normally subjected to the normal simpletons in the cattle call line, so perhaps it happens at WDW and I'm just unaware. ;-)

Well -- while in line at Tower of Terror, we were going through a bunch of switch-backs and instead of staying in line, several people just decided to jump over the switch-backs and cut in front of about 30 people...WHILE THERE WAS A CM RIGHT THERE! Luckily the CM said something...but their mentality was like there was nothing wrong.

wow. glad the cm said something at least

Also -- while in POC, the family behind us was constantly bumping into us and looking for ways to go around us. The line aisles are quite large at some points in that line (particularly if the line bends or turns), and they would use that extra room to try and get in front. DW was about to lose her mind.

:sad2:

The other two instances were the kids/teenagers that pretend their family is up front and they just charge through the line while mumbling something about their parents.

familiar with those. I even had three teens go by me with that line. happened so fast I let them through...

it was the single rider line

The second time it happened, it was a boy and girl (guessing 10-12 years old -- presumably siblings), but the boy hesitated a little and looked guilty. I gave him the stank-eye and he immediately halted his forward assault, which forced his sister to come back and stay with him.

good!

I've seen this happen at a local Six Flags, but I can't recall it happening at WDW -- of course, I'm typically in a FP line, so I'm not normally subjected to the normal simpletons in the cattle call line, so perhaps it happens at WDW and I'm just unaware. ;-)

it does happen. but not too often. I made a young man leave the line once

We definitely have a case for “who wore it best?”

Kat of course

Care to guess what we ended up riding???

IASW

we ventured to IASW and somehow the wait was minimal.

I really did guess this prior to reading.

ONE MORE INSTALLMENT TO FIND OUT WHAT OUR LAST RIDE WAS!!!

The tragical express of course

AND DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR AN UBER TO GET TO THE AIRPORT???

Nah - you are the logistical master.

but that would have required dropping the 7DMT FP -- and we all know you just don't do that.

You do if you are a mom that knows the kid would happily give up that FP for another ride on Big Thunder.

I wish I were joking about her word choice, pre-flight "beverages" prior to taking off. What 5 year old says beverages instead of water???

OMG - this is seriously hysterical. You do not start a girl off with the finer things so early. You'll create a monster.

"why is there someone NOT in our family sitting next to me?"

:rotfl2: This is even better. I suggest looking into investing into purchasing annual hours in a private plane share. This solves most of the poor experiences - FP to get on the plane, no random strangers seated next to you, pre-flight beverages at the ready, comfortable seats that probably lie flat, and not wait for luggage to boot. The company concierge can also arrange for your own private motor coach service. Can you tell this really tickled me?

even a year later, she still remembers it...and she also remembers telling me I should have made her take a nap! hahaha

Mind like a steel trap. She will remember fondly for a very long time. Kudos to you and mom for ensuring your girls get to experience 1 on 1 time with you both and as a family.

You do if you are a mom that knows the kid would happily give up that FP for another ride on Big Thunder.

Well -- she also really likes 7DMT, so at the time, I was more worried she'd be disappointed that she didn't get to ride 7DMT one more time.

OMG - this is seriously hysterical. You do not start a girl off with the finer things so early. You'll create a monster.

I know -- but I just love business class so much, it's hard to pass up if the point requirements are so low.

This is even better. I suggest looking into investing into purchasing annual hours in a private plane share. This solves most of the poor experiences - FP to get on the plane, no random strangers seated next to you, pre-flight beverages at the ready, comfortable seats that probably lie flat, and not wait for luggage to boot. The company concierge can also arrange for your own private motor coach service. Can you tell this really tickled me?

If I ever win a huge powerball jackpot -- this is definitely something I'd look into. Of course, I'd have to actually play the lotto to win one of those though...so not something that is likely to happen.

Mind like a steel trap. She will remember fondly for a very long time. Kudos to you and mom for ensuring your girls get to experience 1 on 1 time with you both and as a family.
She has told me a couple times that she wants to do it again with just me. :love:

Definitely thankful that DW lets me do these trips. It's so nice to spend quality time 1 on 1 and not have to worry about trying to make everyone happy. My trip with DD2 will be coming up in less than 12 months!!! She's already excited about it! Not sure what we're going to do ride wise b/c she is not the daredevil that Kat is. I have a feeling we'll ride Ariel ride at least 6 times though. She LOVES it!

Thank you so so much for this trip report. DD is only 1yr 1mo old but... I already linked this TR to my DH to be like "Hey, you could do this with DD!" :dancer:

Thank you so so much for this trip report. DD is only 1yr 1mo old but... I already linked this TR to my DH to be like "Hey, you could do this with DD!" :dancer:

:thanks: and :welcome:.

And if you only have one child, the other side benefit is you would get a few days of the house all to yourself while DD and DH are playing at WDW.

I just read your entire TR - what a fun trip! We just had our own run for the Magical Express a few weeks ago. Final ride was Pirates cause I had 13 golden fastpasses for our large group. As we are getting in the FP line I mention... "as long as we don't get stuck on the ride we are good". Why oh why did I even say that!!! Of course, we got stuck. Ran out of the park all while DD13 was begging for a churro (No Churro for you!), to the bus stop to wait a good 20 min for a bus to Pop. Had to be at ME at 6:05... got on a bus at MK at 5:45. Make it there at 6:01.

I just read your entire TR - what a fun trip! We just had our own run for the Magical Express a few weeks ago. Final ride was Pirates cause I had 13 golden fastpasses for our large group. As we are getting in the FP line I mention... "as long as we don't get stuck on the ride we are good". Why oh why did I even say that!!! Of course, we got stuck. Ran out of the park all while DD13 was begging for a churro (No Churro for you!), to the bus stop to wait a good 20 min for a bus to Pop. Had to be at ME at 6:05... got on a bus at MK at 5:45. Make it there at 6:01.
that's cutting it close! Better question is was your daughter reminding you that she could have stopped for the churro since you had to wait 20 minutes anyways?

I know if I told DW no [insert favorite snack] b/c we had to hurry -- and then we ended up waiting 20 minutes, I'd never hear the end of it.:rotfl:

We do Mommy Daughter Disney Dashes. Daddy does not love Disney like we do. :)

those can be fun too!

I sometimes joke with a friend of ours where the mom likes disney but the dad doesn't that we could become disney spouses and do a brady bunch type trip and leave our respective spouses back home.

WITHIN MY 2 MONTH FP WINDOW FOR DADDY DAUGHTER DASH with DD2!!!

I will probably start a pre-trip report for that one with some general information and tentative plans sometime in the next few weeks. Still trying to get some dining reservations b/c I completely failed to book at 180 days. We took a semi-last minute trip this summer, which was right around my 180 day mark -- so I was more occupied with those plans that I put off reservations for this trip.

WITHIN MY 2 MONTH FP WINDOW FOR DADDY DAUGHTER DASH with DD2!!!

I will probably start a pre-trip report for that one with some general information and tentative plans sometime in the next few weeks. Still trying to get some dining reservations b/c I completely failed to book at 180 days. We took a semi-last minute trip this summer, which was right around my 180 day mark -- so I was more occupied with those plans that I put off reservations for this trip.
Sounds like you'll be arriving right about the time DDCC8 is wrapping up.
Give me a shout if you'd like to meet up while you're here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!