• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Daily Car Rental

MamaBear58

DIS Veteran
Do daily rentals at Aulani through Alamo have to be returned by 5 pm? I am trying to rent until 9 or 10 at night, but if I enter anything after a 5 pm return it tells me no cars have been returned for that day. I am using both Alamo direct and hawaiidiscountcarrentals, if that matters. Thanks.

Last edited:
For us it was a 24 hour rental. So if we took the car out at 7am, we had to have it in the garage by 6:59am the next day.

One tip - the car rental opens at 7am (I believe.) We showed up at 6:45am during a slow time of year and we were 4th in line. There is only one person working there. If you are trying to make a scheduled event, plan ahead. We did not pull out of the garage until almost 8:15am...

that is interesting because the online booking suggests that it needs to be back by 5. but if I can return it later and avoid the $35 overnight parking fee as well, that would be great.

that is interesting because the online booking suggests that it needs to be back by 5. but if I can return it later and avoid the $35 overnight parking fee as well, that would be great.

Daily car rental at Aulani is $89.00. Much higher than other places. Just a heads up:rolleyes:

When we stayed at Aulani in August 2018, we reserved a rental for the Aulani Alamo location via CostCo travel. We set it up as a 1 day rental and it ran about $95. I got there before the 7am opening and was second in line. As mentioned above, they only had one staff person working that desk. Knowing that we would return to the resort that evening after the Alamo desk closed, we confirmed that we could return it to the Aulani valet staff. When we pulled up that night, a valet came over and we told them it was an Alamo rental return. We showed him our paperwork and gave him a tip, he took the keys and returned the car to the rental garage. Easy-peasy!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter