Danube River Cruise & Prague add-on

MKTokyo

DIS Veteran
Hello! :wave2:

We are considering the Danube River Cruise for Oktoberfest 2020. I am pretty well convinced about the cruise itself, but for those who have done the Prague add-on - what did you think? We would definitely want to spend the time there but I'm not sure if we should be looking to do it with ABD or plan it out ourselves. Convenience is probably the top consideration for us but we also don't want to miss out on anything. Must-dos would be Cesky Krumlov & the Jewish Quarter.

Prague is one city that is so easy to tour on your own. Tours can be set up beforehand and easy to travel by plane or train from Munich. I would suggest that you do a tour. Budapest has a great Synagogue within an easy walk from the Marriott hotel on the Danube.

Prague is one city that is so easy to tour on your own. Tours can be set up beforehand and easy to travel by plane or train from Munich. I would suggest that you do a tour. Budapest has a great Synagogue within an easy walk from the Marriott hotel on the Danube.
I second both these points. I did an extra post-day in Prague, and set up an amazing tour with the Naked Tour Guide (no, she wasn't actually naked) to see a lot of sites we didn't cover in the ABD. And I walked to the Dohany Street Great Synagogue in Budapest from the Marriott during the morning/afternoon before heading to the ship. It's an amazing place. Highly recommended. Budapest is *very* walkable, and has become one of my favorite European cities! I definitely need to go back!

Sayhello

I don't believe they offer the Prague add-on any more. It's too bad, because I really enjoyed it.

I did, too. I asked my TA about the add-on for next summer after our Danube Cruise and he said it's no longer offered. That said, we're going to do it on our own and hire a guide for a day or two. I'm also thinking about doing the same for our pre-day in Budapest...both Prague and Budapest are wonderful cities.

I did, too. I asked my TA about the add-on for next summer after our Danube Cruise and he said it's no longer offered. That said, we're going to do it on our own and hire a guide for a day or two. I'm also thinking about doing the same for our pre-day in Budapest...both Prague and Budapest are wonderful cities.

Thanks for the info & advice! It's too bad that the add-on isn't offered anymore. I think we will do as suggested & arrange for a guide for a couple of days. It will be our first visit to both Prague & Budapest, so we may also consider an extension in both. Now to evaluate hotels :)

Hello! :wave2:

We are considering the Danube River Cruise for Oktoberfest 2020. I am pretty well convinced about the cruise itself, but for those who have done the Prague add-on - what did you think? We would definitely want to spend the time there but I'm not sure if we should be looking to do it with ABD or plan it out ourselves. Convenience is probably the top consideration for us but we also don't want to miss out on anything. Must-dos would be Cesky Krumlov & the Jewish Quarter.
We are probably doing this cruise as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!