Dark Side half marathon registration help

NinjaCat

Earning My Ears
I am very interested in signing up for the Dark Side half marathon. I see that registrations open on September 22nd. Does anyone know what time I can begin registering? Also, can I sign up my friends or only myself? Thanks!

They open at 12:00pm EST. You can register multiple people BUT you can only register one person at a time. So to register multiple people would require you to register, rejoin the queue, and register again for a different person. If your friends are able to register themselves then they should do so as it is expected to sell out quickly.

Thanks for the information. That's just what I was looking for. I'll cross my fingers that we can all get in!

If your friends are able to register themselves then they should do so as it is expected to sell out quickly.

Yes.

Because otherwise you have to prioritize people and it's on you if you can't get everyone in.

Noon eastern time, so if you're not eastern, change it to the appropriate time for you. :)

also, I believe, you have to create SEPARATE active.com accounts for each person over 18. You can't simply finish one registration and then sign up the next person because they will need their own active.com account

They open at 12:00pm EST. You can register multiple people BUT you can only register one person at a time. So to register multiple people would require you to register, rejoin the queue, and register again for a different person. If your friends are able to register themselves then they should do so as it is expected to sell out quickly.

You actually can't register anyone but yourself any more. It makes you click verifying that you are the adult signing yourself up. Changed for 2016 races. To sign someone else up you will need their active registration account and technically lie that you are them. Nobody will know of course but they have made it much harder than it use to be.

My understanding with other registrations is that unless the people you are signing up are minors... Each adult needs to have their own active account and you cannot sign up another adult with your active account

You actually can't register anyone but yourself any more. It makes you click verifying that you are the adult signing yourself up. Changed for 2016 races. To sign someone else up you will need their active registration account and technically lie that you are them. Nobody will know of course but they have made it much harder than it use to be.
Whoops my bad, I was thinking you could still sign others up.

I guess the other alternative if they don't already have active accounts is to make one for each person as you register them or before hand. You will still have to lie though and have all of the necessary information (dob, phone number, address, emergency contact).

also, I believe, you have to create SEPARATE active.com accounts for each person over 18. You can't simply finish one registration and then sign up the next person because they will need their own active.com account

I believe this is an Active policy and not a RunDisney policy. At the very least it is a policy Active offers for every race. I normally sign myself and my wife up for events we do but at some point this year I had to create a new account for her to sign her up. You also can't create multiple accounts using the same email address.

I believe this is an Active policy and not a RunDisney policy. At the very least it is a policy Active offers for every race. I normally sign myself and my wife up for events we do but at some point this year I had to create a new account for her to sign her up. You also can't create multiple accounts using the same email address.
I just checked for another race on active and it allowed you to register others over the age of 18 so it must be an option Disney chose not to pursue this year.

You actually can't register anyone but yourself any more. It makes you click verifying that you are the adult signing yourself up. Changed for 2016 races. To sign someone else up you will need their active registration account and technically lie that you are them.

True.

But you can still do it even though you aren't allowed to. Did it for DH, did it for my cousin. I actually created both of their active accounts. Sorry disney, not going to make my newbie cousin ignore her 3 kids to fight through the websites when I'm a relative expert. :) I copied/pasted all the legalities and send them to her (and to DH as well) to make sure they knew what I was OK'ing. My sis in law is a lawyer, I got paranoid LOL.

I would bet that they are doing this specifically for the lawyers. If my cousin breaks her ankle during our 5K (knock wood NO) and goes back and said "well I didn't agree to that", then I'm in trouble b/c I agreed to it, not her. Ruh roh. Keep safe, cousin!

Has something changed in regards to active accounts and using them to register?I mean I'm not logging on to active when I register for these races,I might just be putting the email of my active account while registering but each registration is not asking me to log in or anything.I mean I'm registered for a total of 8 half or full marathons with 2 of those being Disney races( Disney full and Wine and Dine)but I just logged into my active account and the only ones showing are the Miami Beach Halloween half,the Celebration half and the Ft.Lauderdale A1A half,what gives,does it even matter?And for W&D I registered myself on early registration day and I did 2 of my friends on regular registration day,they have no clue on the madness of registering for a Run Disney race as popular as W&D and they probably woudn't be registered today if I didn't do it.

Has something changed in regards to active accounts and using them to register?I mean I'm not logging on to active when I register for these races,I might just be putting the email of my active account while registering but each registration is not asking me to log in or anything.I mean I'm registered for a total of 8 half or full marathons with 2 of those being Disney races( Disney full and Wine and Dine)but I just logged into my active account and the only ones showing are the Miami Beach Halloween half,the Celebration half and the Ft.Lauderdale A1A half,what gives,does it even matter?And for W&D I registered myself on early registration day and I did 2 of my friends on regular registration day,they have no clue on the madness of registering for a Run Disney race as popular as W&D and they probably woudn't be registered today if I didn't do it.

I think it is based on options selected by the race organizers. When I attempted to register my wife for the event I mentioned above and was blocked from doing so I did try to just sign her up without being logged into an account on Active and couldn't.

Anisum mentioned above that they looked at another event and were able to sign up an adult so in that case it may be possible for someone to register without an account.

I am guessing it is a liability issue and some race directors, or more likely their legal advisers, are taking the stricter approach.

I am registered for the same two disney race weekends, it is (was) just a weird disney registration tick, basically. None of my disney races ever showed up in my active account or filled out info for me on the registration form, even when I was logged on. But, after marathon weekend registration I got an email that they were changing the process a little and to have an active account ready and be logged in. Probably because of the absolute mess that was rundisney registrations. I have not registered since then, so I am a little nervouse about SW as well.

They changed the process slightly. One of the changes is that every adult 18+ needs their own active account like people mentioned above.

The second change is the queue. The queue is a bit different now. Races will have 3 different statuses: available, on hold, sold out. If it's available, you can sign up right away. They will hold your spot for 15 minutes once you get in. This is nice because the race won't sell out while you are checking out like the old system. If a race is on hold, it means that it's currently full but people can drop out of the system and the spot will open up. Keep refreshing. It does not mean sold out. If it says sold out, then the race is sold out.

Good luck to everyone!

Oh and not all of my rD races show up in my active account either. I think the only races that show up in your account are the races that used the new registration system. And I can confirm that it does autofill your personal info now. However I had to enter my phone number even though it's on my active account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter