• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS changes coming WDW May 20/ DL June 18, 2024

Under the new system, it really shouldn't matter because it's expected the Advanced Selections will go away. That was the reason in the past for doing pre-registration early in the 30-day window. For visits on or after May 20th, there will likely is no time advantage to doing the pre-registration at 30 days out vs 1 day out. And the DAS is valid for the length of your tickets for most of us (or 120 days for some).
Seems logical, but that person did note that another person got pre-selections for whole trip and they called on the 30 day mark for 1st day. As usual, it seems a lot of times, rules are tweaked per customer by a CM depending on the situation

Seems logical, but that person did note that another person got pre-selections for whole trip and they called on the 30 day mark for 1st day. As usual, it seems a lot of times, rules are tweaked per customer by a CM depending on the situation
Yes, as has been noted the Advanced Selections has been a variable point ever since that launched. Never has anyone reported being allowed to pre-register any earlier so I think that is pretty much set in stone (or maybe in the IT that allows you to enter the online chat queue).

But without Advanced Selections, Disney has removed any tangible reason that it matters if DAS is approved 30 days prior or 15 days prior or the day before. The only "benefit" in doing so is peace of mind that it's done.

The only thing I can think of -- and I can't find the wording on a website anymore -- at one time it was noted that the pre-registration was only valid for up to 30 days. So if you pre-registered 30 days prior to your expected first park day, but were somehow delayed in arriving or didn't enter the park that day, you might need to re-register. So waiting to do the DAS pre-registration a few days closer than 30 days (maybe 25-28 days out) would alleviate that risk of needing to re-register onsite if your plans changed unexpectedly.

Did they ever let you know what was causing the issue? That's a lot of time spent with them and to happen twice must have been frustrating.

I couldn't tell if you were talking about it being something with DAS like the an issue with who was being added. Or if the issue with MBs like a biometric issue (MB have been known to be wonky at times, not sure how MB+ are shaping up) or an issue if there were too many MBs active, an issue with your MDE account such as your Friends and Family list, I know people have reported in the past issues with the amount of people tied to their account (which Disney doesn't have the best system there IMO).

Has it happened since?
No it was MDE related. I believe they were trying to cut down on some type of fraud from onsite guests (not sure how or what) adding a guest to resort reservations so when I added grandma, it flagged us.

MNSSHP tickets were purchased together but once we were flagged they had to get supervisors to give the ok.

When we got home, I spoke with IT before an upcoming trip. They erased my account moved data (again something flagged to the MB so they had to erase?) to a new email and put the data back and now I don’t get notices that they send at midnight - I noticed my tickets don’t show up and I can’t book enchanted extras (didn’t get the email when ROTR changed from 10 am to booking 7 am at your resort) or the Disney Visa dining offer emails. My credit card doesn’t show up so I’ve had to manually enter for each ADR (started after they cleared my account).

Back then we didn’t need DAS.

Last edited:
No it was MDE related. I believe they were trying to cut down on some type of fraud from onsite guests (not sure how or what) adding a guest to resort reservations so when I added grandma, it flagged us.

MNSSHP tickets were purchased together but once we were flagged they had to get supervisors to give the ok.

Back then we didn’t need DAS.
Oooohh I see, that does sound like a complicated mess

Adding in a quote from your updated post
When we got home, I spoke with IT before an upcoming trip. They erased my account moved data (again something flagged to the MB so they had to erase?) to a new email and put the data back and now I don’t get notices that they send at midnight - I noticed my tickets don’t show up and I can’t book enchanted extras (didn’t get the email when ROTR changed from 10 am to booking 7 am at your resort) or the Disney Visa dining offer emails.
I have heard of those sorts of data issues with people's MDE accounts which bites because a lot of touring at Disney is related to information on someone's MDE account. As far as information on your account you might check both on a computer using the website and your app (and make sure your app is up to date) as I know some people have reported tickets not reflecting on one but showing up on another.

For my MDE account my husband is just a person added on there. He's not used a separate MDE account and TBH I don't know if he has one but I've often "knocked on wood" that things don't glitch out.

I believe this is why they are moving to a 3rd party. I have seen people bully CMs regarding GAC/DAS. By moving to a 3rd party, it does not guarantee the guest will not still try to bully the CM, but the CM can easily say "I am not able to make a decision on this, please go to guest relations" and move on.

Folks -- I again remind you to please stop the speculation. It has now turned to hypothesizing about how Disney may determine fraud and banning based on multiple calls, different disabilities, etc. Most of what has been floated here is possible to happen with legitimate users. Stop.

Disney pulled the "will be banned" warning to front and center last week and news media/social media took off with it. That same warning has been present for years, at least back to when DAS started and quite possibly for GAC (I'd have to really dig to get one of those out). It's not new.
Absolutely Judy!
It is a lot to assume anything will happen. Hopefully it all works out well for everybody in the end.

Disney does not enforce most of their policies. I have seen things on shirts that are absolutely appalling and Disney allows the guest to wear it. Not a peep at the entrance or from CMs. For years I saw kids on Heelys and nothing was said. I still see selfie sticks on rides on occasions. I see people walking around the park smoking with a CM looking right at them and saying nothing.

Why would you think that people with disabilities should only be allowed to ride 3 rides per day?
I did not take his comment that way. I may have misunderstood. I took his comment to mean that with Disney constantly increasing the cost of G+, a person who is paying for the service should not be limited to 2 - 3 uses of something that comes with a fee.

Please do not think I am judging against a person who has a disability. I personally could easily qualify for DAS, but I have never used it. I have real diagnosed medical conditions, one being a neurological disorder that limits me. I do not get any type of different access at the grocery store, mall, cruise lines, restaurants, etc so I have never asked for anything different when going to Disney. I am grateful I can work through my struggles. My heart goes out to those who cannot.

Having said that, a DAS need and a a paid service are two different things and Disney needs to figure out how to support both fairly. In the case of G+, nobody is forced to purchase it. In the case of a disability, none of us asked for it and would gladly give it up if we could. I am not directing that at you, Calee, just making a general statement.

I believe this is why they are moving to a 3rd party. I have seen people bully CMs regarding GAC/DAS. By moving to a 3rd party, it does not guarantee the guest will not still try to bully the CM, but the CM can easily say "I am not able to make a decision on this, please go to guest relations" and move on.
I don't believe they are moving to a 3rd party. It will still be CM's online that you register with. What I read was that Inspire Health is training employees and can be brought in to help determine eligibility.

I did not take his comment that way. I may have misunderstood. I took his comment to mean that with Disney constantly increasing the cost of G+, a person who is paying for the service should not be limited to 2 - 3 uses of something that comes with a fee.

Please do not think I am judging against a person who has a disability. I personally could easily qualify for DAS, but I have never used it. I have real diagnosed medical conditions, one being a neurological disorder that limits me. I do not get any type of different access at the grocery store, mall, cruise lines, restaurants, etc so I have never asked for anything different when going to Disney. I am grateful I can work through my struggles. My heart goes out to those who cannot.

Having said that, a DAS need and a a paid service are two different things and Disney needs to figure out how to support both fairly. In the case of G+, nobody is forced to purchase it. In the case of a disability, none of us asked for it and would gladly give it up if we could. I am not directing that at you, Calee, just making a general statement.
I was really disappointed by that on Disney cruise lines. I bought concierge to try to avoid some waits. It didn’t seem to help that much in my estimation.

They probably won't give any more info. Why would they when abusers will just use it to prepare their script?? Imo, the less detailed info there is the better. Folks who need accommodations should call and apply like always.
I'm thinking just more information on their "return to queue" that was mentioned in the news - including their own ABC affiliates. That shouldn't be a secret. If they want people to use that instead of DAS then we have to understand it.

Almost all the information that has come out indicates that the third party will be/is doing education of Disney CMs and consultation, with Disney CM continuing to do the registration.

There has been only one podcaster that I know of who was guessing the third party would be doing it.

So 24 hours before the new "rules' go into effect for those applying and zero updates from Disney. Sigh
There is actually less information available today than there was last Tuesday when the news broke. I don't know if someone at Disney accidentally posted something that wasn't ready, or if changes are still being set, or if they need to do CM training before rolling anything out in more detail... or why there is less on the website today. Unfortunately this is typical Disney; they also didn't share a lot about the DAS when it first rolled out.

They probably won't give any more info. Why would they when abusers will just use it to prepare their script?? Imo, the less detailed info there is the better. Folks who need accommodations should call and apply like always.
They could say whether or not people should still apply after April 19th or whether they should not apply until May 20th when the new rules take effect. Initially, Disney said : “Please know we will not determine any Guest’s future eligibility until our processes are updated on May 20.”

Disney's info would not have to contain anything about which disabilities might be given DAS.

Yes, but my wife has a lot of anxiety over the safety of our kids, and doesn't feel comfortable having my 6 year old riding rides alone, even like aladdin or dumbo, hence why Disney has warnings on their signs that say kids should be supervised under the age of 7 on rides
At Dumbo I don't believe the 6-yr-old would be allowed to ride alone. The PP asked about Aladdin which has 2 rows of seats in the ride vehicle, so if 3 across doesn't fit they would put the older child or both kids in the front seat with the mom in the back seat. She is still riding with them within arms reach. I understand if that isn't her comfort level, but that makes it a choice. There are still a TON of attractions -- especially at MK -- that she can take them to do without a second adult; some of those are even good time-wasters (like the RailRoad, CoP, PeopleMover, Tiki Room, etc.). I would much rather my spouse keep the kids busy doing those attractions without me than an extended wait outside the restroom.

List of WDW attractions without height requirements (or with height noted)
List of WDW attractions length

They could say whether or not people should still apply after April 19th or whether they should not apply until May 20th when the new rules take effect. Initially, Disney said : “Please know we will not determine any Guest’s future eligibility until our processes are updated on May 20.”

Disney's info would not have to contain anything about which disabilities might be given DAS.
To me that just means that if you (general you) call them and ask if you are still eligible in a trip further out than the 30 days then they won't be able to tell you. For example, if my trip was in June 30th, then they wouldn't be able to tell me if I'm still eligible or not.

But again, it's gonna be easier to just call them when the window comes for each person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter