DAS for Rise of the Resistance?

Someone in our group has a disability access pass on their magic bands. So we’re trying to figure if they too need to be there at park open to get a Rise of The Resistance BG. There’s absolutely no way they can maneuver around that early and witj a packed crowd like that.
Yes, reports are that all guests must be in the park to get a boarding group. I’m merging this with another thread with several recent reports.

Enjoy your vacation!

I'm confused - what kind of pass are you talking about?

Go in and out of what? The crowd? Being in the front will make it incredibly hard to go in and out of the crowd. If you mean into the park, to a point it would be "easier" but only if you mean earlier, so that you can move down the street and get away from a lot of the congestion quickly. But you have to be in the park at official opening to get the boarding group. So it's not really a matter of going in, getting the BG and then getting out. You could be standing in the park waiting for quite a long time, depending on how early they start letting people in.
I have an annual pass to Disneyland. The ride opens the weekend before we go to WDW. Since the ride is the same, I can technically wait until I go back to Disneyland and try and do it, where the environment is familiar. Plus if it I get very tired from arriving early there, I can just go home. My friend who I am going to WDW with, does not have an annual pass at all, so this is essentially her only way to see the new ride, since she doesn't know when her next trip to a Disney park will be.

And I know to be in the park at opening. I guess in my head, I am imagining that if we get there early towards the front, it will be easier to take a break from the line before the gates open.

Can someone please explain to me how DAS would be different from just joining a boarding group? The only difference I can think of is that DAS doesn't expire and you could come back anytime after your boarding group loads. Other than that, I just don't get why/how DAS would be used for this ride.

Not trying to be snarky. Sometimes things come out wrong in writing. I am honestly confused about how DAS could benefit the user where RotR is concerned. TIA

a DAS also allows anyone in the group to go get a return time. This means I can send my husband to Splash mt, while I sit with my younger daughter in a cool quite spot. ALSO my oldest daughter and I when to DHS and get a DAS time for slinky 1st thing in the morning . While my husband stayed with my youngest daughter and had breakfast. she would never have been able to handle the star wars land crowds. (this was before ROTR opened) We went to GR and explained why she wasn't able to join us. they completely understood and DAS time was given for slinky.
I wonder how this will work for ROTR, but its no biggie if we don't get ride it until the hype dies down

Last edited:
I called the Disability services people today and spoke to a castmember and their manager and they both told me there were no options other then waiting in the morning and trying to get one. I even asked if just i could go and get the boarding passes and they said no everyone has to be there. Maybe when we get there Sunday i can talk to someone at the park in person and see what they have to say but if we dont get on we dont get on. It stinks but its not the end of the world.
I don’t have any first had knowledge (just a wired obsession with following the RotR thread😂) but I have a suggestion that could work🤞
Backup BG’s have been lasting until later in the day. Today they lasted until 9:55am. Maybe arrive a little later. Get a backup BG. On good days they go to the Backup groups early afternoon.
It’s my understanding with a DAS you can go at anytime. So once they go to the backups you’re good to go.
Now the bad part there have been a few days where the ride had problems and they never got to the backup groups.
Hope this could work for you.
You may want to follow this thread it shows how long BG’s are lasting. What time they run out of backup groups and what time backup groups start.
** if you have park hopper tickets you can leave and go to a different park
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...on-read-post-one-no-spoilers.3782822/page-173

Last edited:
Someone in our group has a disability access pass on their magic bands. So we’re trying to figure if they too need to be there at park open to get a Rise of The Resistance BG. There’s absolutely no way they can maneuver around that early and witj a packed crowd like that.

You have to have entered the park to get a BG . and they have to be there to get a DAS return time for that BG. after that they can leave the park .. or go do something else.. and then come back when their time is due .

We are heading to Disney sunday and my wife and I have just about given up on the possibility of riding ROR with our son. It is not realistic for him to wait outside the park in large crowds without freaking out till it opens in the hopes we get a boarding pass. Such is life I guess.

Even with a DAS and skipping the standby queue, the first 30 minutes of the attraction requires dealing with noisy, bumping crowds in small enclosed spaces. Some kids were even crying because of how uncomfortable it was. There is lots of waiting with nothing to do at times.

To get into HS is a 10-40 minute wait (no need to get there 40 minutes early though as everyone has the same chance of getting a BG) and DAS holders can wait at the edge of the crowd while someone in their group holds their place. As a sometimes solo DAS traveler, other guests let me back in line if I explain before I leave why and that I’ll be back. It is really a much easier wait than for fireworks, castle shows, eating at a non-off hour, catching a bus at the end of the day, or even walking across the park in the afternoon.

Many are concerned about getting up so early but think nothing of staying in the parks hours beyond normal bedtimes. Getting to bed early the night before and riding at the start of the trip really made a difference for myself (a DAS holder with a brain injury as well as some other physical disabilities).

a DAS also allows anyone in the group to go get a return time. This means I can send my husband to Splash mt, while I sit with my younger daughter in a cool quite spot. ALSO my oldest daughter and I when to DHS and get a DAS time for slinky 1st thing in the morning . While my husband stayed with my youngest daughter and had breakfast. she would never have been able to handle the star wars land crowds. (this was before ROTR opened) We went to GR and explained why she wasn't able to join us. they completely understood and DAS time was given for slinky.
I wonder how this will work for ROTR, but its no biggie if we don't get ride it until the hype dies down

That's not how it works with RotR. Nobody has to go get a return time at all. As soon as all parties that are riding enter the park, you get on your app and join a boarding group. DAS does not come into play until it's time for your boarding group to actually queue up later in the day.

I have an annual pass to Disneyland. The ride opens the weekend before we go to WDW. Since the ride is the same, I can technically wait until I go back to Disneyland and try and do it, where the environment is familiar. Plus if it I get very tired from arriving early there, I can just go home. My friend who I am going to WDW with, does not have an annual pass at all, so this is essentially her only way to see the new ride, since she doesn't know when her next trip to a Disney park will be.

And I know to be in the park at opening. I guess in my head, I am imagining that if we get there early towards the front, it will be easier to take a break from the line before the gates open.

Okay, so you meant an annual pass. But she has a ticket for how many days? Is ti a park hopper? You can start off at HS and see if it works for you on any day.

I feel like being towards the front would be harder to leave from and get back to - the sides of the front are going to be pretty wide. I think somewhere near the middle would work better.

I don’t have any first had knowledge (just a wired obsession with following the RotR thread😂) but I have a suggestion that could work🤞
Backup BG’s have been lasting until later in the day. Today they lasted until 9:55am. Maybe arrive a little later. Get a backup BG. On good days they go to the Backup groups early afternoon.
It’s my understanding with a DAS you can go at anytime. So once they go to the backups you’re good to go.
Now the bad part there have been a few days where the ride had problems and they never got to the backup groups.
Hope this could work for you.
You may want to follow this thread it shows how long BG’s are lasting. What time they run out of backup groups and what time backup groups start.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...on-read-post-one-no-spoilers.3782822/page-173

I thought using the DAS at RotR only got you in the FP queue but had to be used during your boarding group 2 hour span?

That's not how it works with RotR. Nobody has to go get a return time at all. As soon as all parties that are riding enter the park, you get on your app and join a boarding group. DAS does not come into play until it's time for your boarding group to actually queue up later in the day.

Yes, the DAS gets you into the FP queue so you don't have to wait the 30 minutes + in the standard queue.

[QUOTE="DisneyOma, post: 61417758, member:
I thought using the DAS at RotR only got you in the FP queue but had to be used during your boarding group 2 hour span?
[/QUOTE]

What’s the old commercial ... I’m not a Dr I just play one on TV.
My line is I don’t have any first had experience I just read Disboards😂💕
I thought I read that the DAS pass allowed you to go at any time. Not sure.
I’m sure someone who has done it will be able to tell us their experience

If ...all goes well
A good plan for people who can’t handle the early morning crowd:
Arrive at the studio later in the morning and get a Backup BG
They lasted until 9:55 this morning 😊
Today was good:
Backup groups now boarding
Two hours until the park closes. Backup start at 111
Now boarding up to 132!!!
So the Fastpass line could hopefully work
7F69B235-661E-4F39-B8B0-5D41356596E4.png

What does DAS stand for? Got I hate acronyms. LOL

I go alone quite often my plan for my April trip is to get to HS about 45-30 minutes before they open and go through bag check and hang back towards the end of the crowds and when they start letting people in getting in line. Since they let people into HS before rope drop and you have to wait for rope drop before you can try for a boarding group there should be plenty of time to get into HS before the boarding groups open. I also plan on staying close to the front off to the side since most will want to go as fair in so they can get to there first ride first ( and I have a feeling there will be a lot of people bumping into each other since people will be looking down at there phones ) just is just how I am going to handle the boarding group ( if they still have them when I go

I go alone quite often my plan for my April trip is to get to HS about 45-30 minutes before they open and go through bag check and hang back towards the end of the crowds and when they start letting people in getting in line. Since they let people into HS before rope drop and you have to wait for rope drop before you can try for a boarding group there should be plenty of time to get into HS before the boarding groups open. I also plan on staying close to the front off to the side since most will want to go as fair in so they can get to there first ride first ( and I have a feeling there will be a lot of people bumping into each other since people will be looking down at there phones ) just is just how I am going to handle the boarding group ( if they still have them when I go

yes this exactly! This is the way to best stay out of the crowds. Get there early but hang back until the masses get into the park. Then go through security and into the park before it opens. You have the exact same ability to get into a boarding group as everyone that came super early. There is no need to wait in a mass crowd. Then when boarding group is called go back and use DAS to be let into fast pass line. The crowd part will be largely a nonissue if you do it like this. You want to go into the park after the masses but before opening. They have not been doing finger scans there lately.
Edit to add: some people are now having to finger scan and some aren’t. So they might be adding that aspect back into park entry

Last edited:
There is the quiet little area over by first aid, to the left when you first get into the parks, that a person can wait to avoid the crowds. Usually only cast members going back and forth.

There is the quiet little area over by first aid, to the left when you first get into the parks, that a person can wait to avoid the crowds. Usually only cast members going back and forth.
Yes that path that goes to first aid also across the street by the bathroom wheelchair/ECV rental are not so bad ( the other one would be my first chase) are just a little up the street in one of the little cut out of one of the buildings. I think just as long as you are not as close to the front as you can be and not in the middle of the street you should be ok

I'm not sure if we are going to attempt to ride, but I have a question if we do. If we get a boarding group and then use the DAS at the ride will we miss a lot by skipping the standby que? If we wait in the chaos in the morning I am wondering if it pays to then try to wait on the regular line if there is a lot to see.

I'm not sure if we are going to attempt to ride, but I have a question if we do. If we get a boarding group and then use the DAS at the ride will we miss a lot by skipping the standby que? If we wait in the chaos in the morning I am wondering if it pays to then try to wait on the regular line if there is a lot to see.

I am wondering the exact same thing.

From what I have seen you do not miss any of the ride it self. Even the rides you do not know is a ride and or preshow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts