DAS queueing in the ILL when joining a boarding group for GoTG:CR (or TRON:LR)

Obi-J Kenobi

Jedi Knight
So my DD has traditionally received DAS (both at WDW and DLR) due to her health condition. We are going to WDW this summer. Our last vacation pre-dates both GoTG:CR and TRON:LR.

My DD is interested in riding GoTG:CR in EPCOT. I understand that there is a virtual queue to join boarding groups for GOTG:CR and there is an ILL. I also understand that when your boarding group is prompted for arrival, the boarding group folks queue in the "traditional" standby area before boarding the attraction. I understand the virtual queue and boarding group method is similar or the same as what existed for SW:ROTR a few years ago.

My question is, if my DD has DAS and her boarding group is prompted for arrival, would Guest Relations (or even a CM at the attraction) authorize her to queue in the ILL area before boarding the attraction? Alternatively, does DAS not matter and my DD has to queue in "traditional" standby area.

I hope this post makes sense. I have searched this forum and I struggled to find another thread that discussed where DAS guests can queue for virtual boarding group attractions. I'm just trying to get some advanced planning done for her because she may need to pack/carry some additional first aid things with her if she waits in a standby area and cannot use the ILL area.

Thank you, in advance, to all of you who post in this forum. Blessings to you all.

She will be able to use the LL. There are cast members to the side of the entrance at Guardians that will scan her boarding group and look up the DAS. Once confirmed, they will convert her VQ to a LL and she will enter that way.

She will be able to use the LL. There are cast members to the side of the entrance at Guardians that will scan her boarding group and look up the DAS. Once confirmed, they will convert her VQ to a LL and she will enter that way.
Thank you for this information.

At Tron we went to a CM with a tablet a little before where you tap into the line. Then we were able to enter the LL.

We had no issues using the LL/DAS on Guardians or Tron, so hopefully it goes smoothly for your family.

Adding another confirmation to the bunch. I went to the CMs to the far right when you walk up to Cosmic Rewind. They are holding scanners of some sort. There were 6-8 CMs there, so plenty and I never had to wait long. They scan your band twice to make the update from VQ to ILL. They had to scan twice for each member of my party. They explained well they were going to scan everyone once and then everyone again. Then we went to the LL and scanned as normal. Very easy.

I have not done this at Tron yet, but I'm assuming it's the same.

Adding another confirmation to the bunch. I went to the CMs to the far right when you walk up to Cosmic Rewind. They are holding scanners of some sort. There were 6-8 CMs there, so plenty and I never had to wait long. They scan your band twice to make the update from VQ to ILL. They had to scan twice for each member of my party. They explained well they were going to scan everyone once and then everyone again. Then we went to the LL and scanned as normal. Very easy.

I have not done this at Tron yet, but I'm assuming it's the same.
Namaste

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter