DAS return times

Belle1962

DIS Veteran
Hi, I've never gone with an additional guest so I have a few questions if you don't mind:

1) Can my grandson be a "runner": get a return time without me present? I'll be with him on/in the attraction. But he's 18 so criss-crossing the park isn't an issue for him (while he"walks at a brisk rate (no actual running involved) I can relax somewhere air conditioned or meet up with him. It's faster for him to go ahead of me and then I catch up on my ecv. With the crowds in June, I imagine my ecv speed will not be as fast as a brisk walk and being able to maneuver through crowds.

2) If I want a later return time (i.e. we're leaving to take rest) will they let me have a return time for after we return to the park or does this mess up their fastpass counts? He has a commando plan but I'll need a rest break)

3) Does he need to be physically present when I get the DAS or can I just bring his MB in with me? First thing in the morning guest services is over run with people so I imagine they would want to keep as many people out of there as possible. Or with the new kiosks-can they issue a length of stay DAS?

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Hi, I've never gone with an additional guest so I have a few questions if you don't mind:

1) Can my grandson be a "runner": get a return time without me present? I'll be with him on/in the attraction. But he's 18 so criss-crossing the park isn't an issue for him (while he"walks at a brisk rate (no actual running involved) I can relax somewhere air conditioned or meet up with him. It's faster for him to go ahead of me and then I catch up on my ecv. With the crowds in June, I imagine my ecv speed will not be as fast as a brisk walk and being able to maneuver through crowds.

2) If I want a later return time (i.e. we're leaving to take rest) will they let me have a return time for after we return to the park or does this mess up their fastpass counts? He has a commando plan but I'll need a rest break)

3) Does he need to be physically present when I get the DAS or can I just bring his MB in with me? First thing in the morning guest services is over run with people so I imagine they would want to keep as many people out of there as possible. Or with the new kiosks-can they issue a length of stay DAS?

Thanks everyone.
1 anyone that is linked to the DAS can get a return time. the DAS holder must enter the line first.

2 the DAS is good until the end of the day, you can not get another return time until the one you have is used.

3 no any band that is linked to the DAS can get the return time. I have had CM need everyone there not just the band and then some CM have been find with the bands since it is just the two of you I would just have both there ( not sure who has the DAS you or him but the DAS holder must be there or close since they will need to take your picture) and most of the time the DAS is for 60 days only a very few times it is just for the day ( like you are getting in on a CM guest pass)

I would look at the link in my signature for the guest experience both that are in HS and MK they were very helpful for me.

Now I am in familiar territory, here are the answers:
  1. You have to be present to initially get the DAS and you will need everyone's magicbands/tickets, after that your grandson most definitely can be the "runner", I believe at that point he only needs his magicband/ticket, but confirm with guest services on that one. But also note that at MK and DHS, they now have Guest Experience Teams throughout the park that can often give return times without going all the way to an attraction.
  2. Return times do not expire until the park closes for the night on the DAS (wheelchair return times are different, but this is specifically for DAS return times), so even if your return times says noon, you could use it at 7 PM that night.
  3. As I mentioned above, based on the official rules, you should only need each person's MB/Ticket, unless there are more than 6 in the party and most say the kiosks can also setup DAS, but some say they can't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter