day 2 in search of eyeore and smax

Aprilimgoing

Mouseketeer
Day two: weather cloudy, intermittent sun…temp 78 30% chance of rain according to Doppler

Awoke at 4am after spending half an hour looking for DH and then realising that I had left him at Gatwick airport fell back asleep again and re-awoke at 8am.
Put on coffee, woke up Amanda by making lots of unnecessary noise. After Several coffees, a shower and the trying on of different shorts ect and lots of “does my bum look big in this” we made our way to the front of the hotel where we were getting the courtesy coach to the Magic Kingdom. Coach left at 10:20 arrived via all the other parks at 11:20. Get in line to purchase day ticket. At this point I would like to explain that due to unforeseen circumstances Amanda did not have a credit card with her, so I took 2 one for my bits and one for her.
“Could I have two one day tickets please, and I would like to pay them on two separate credit cards please”
“Ok Mam, we are offering $18 discount if you upgrade to a two day ticket” Amanda and I had a brief discussion and opted for another day at Disney. I duly handed over first Credit card, whereupon the nice man handed the card back to. Oh I thinks to myself Disney have hired telepathic tellers who can relay card details by though alone…how clever.
“Do you have any photo id mam…” “ no I said, do you now need photo id when using credit cards in the US of A” : “ No mam only when the card is unsigned”
Turned around and gave Amanda a very hard Paddington bear stare and a quick kick in the shins to give her something else to think about. Fortunately was able to use other credit card. Score now
Amanda 1 penknife and 1 unsigned passport
Tanya I unsigned credit card.
Dragged the now hysterically laughing Amanda to the Ferry, where I established that if she was going to make to much of this one little oversight o n my part I could push her over the edge and no one would know.
Headed up Main street, and took a deep breath in when I saw the Castle. Kind of know your their when you see that. We were peckish now as it was about midday. Headed for Casey’s Corner where we had Hotdogs and coffee.
First ride Pirates…walked straight on…love this ride although the pirate sitting on the bridge with the hairy leg looked a lot like the immigration officer at the airport. I’m sure he’s following us.
Walked around the tree house and made a mental note to apply to live in tree house as permanent Cast members, immigration officer would never think to look there.
Then headed back to the Walt and Mickey statue, and told Amanda to look out for people wearing green ribbons,
“Why”
“Because that’s how we recognise each other”
“You haven’t got a green ribbon on”
“I know. Mines pink”
“Why”
at this point I thought perhaps I had brought a 5 year old with me
Because I could not find a green ribbon and pink was the closes do you want another kick in the shins”
That shut her up. Anyway spotted Audrey (eyeore) and then tried to ignore Simon but her was their, camera in hand. My god he said you look good for 96. His nose should heal quite quickly.
At this point my lawyer would like to make a statement on my behalf: -
I HERBY FORTHEWITH DECLARE ALL PHOTOS TAKEN OF TANYA (AMANDA ON HER OWN HERE) ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHT LAWS OF 1906 THE YEAR OF HER BIRTH (OYE) ANYONE VIEWING SAID PICTURES MUST EITHER PAY VAST SUMS OF MONEY TO TANYA OR AS AN ALTERNATIVE THEY MAY VIEW PICTURES PROVIDING THEY SAY NICE THINGS ABOUT HER EVEN IF IT’S A LIE………………….

Ok so with having had a nice chat with the different families, it was so nice to meet them, we headed off to the jungle cruise with our fast pass. After that onto Thunder mountain and splash mountain where we are given a fast past by a couple who did not want it and straight onto TM. Infact the park imho was very quiet; there were no real queues at all. On Splash Mountain, the Amanda Mantra of the holiday began
“Tanya…what goes up, must come doooooooooooooowwwwwn” Don’t be such a woozy I told her, and keep your eyes open. However the photo evidence afterwards showed me with my eyes shut and her just looking in terror!!!!!!!!!!
After a quick visit to Fantasyland, where it seemed to be heaving, we headed towards tomorrow land for a trip on Space Mountain and the extra terrestrial ride.

Extra very good, love the way they play on the psychological aspect. Space Mountain had a queue and to be quite honest we were too tired to wait, so we headed back to catch the 6:20 coach home. Spent half an hour people watching while we waited, love doing that, all human kind trotting in and out of the park. Then the coach arrived. Well I never it’s the immigration officer from the airports, brother. We were checked on the coach by room numbers, then we were head counted on the coach, then we were given clear instructions as to what would happen if we drank, ate or smoked on the coach, something about a trip to x-ray camp in Cuba.

Arrived home, showered, changed and went to sizzler. Decided to take the quick route, only 5 minutes tonight. Because I had and Ill Elf with me ordered the 2 steaks and salad bars and gave Amanda my steak, I had chicken from the salad bar.
Home to the hotel. Got into bed. Watched TV until we drifted off to sleep.

Sorry if this is too much rambling, let me know.

Tomorrow: - Up at 4am………….phone home ET………..and lets all move

Brilliant trip reports so far Tanya, almost like a soap opera ;) can't wait for the next installment!!

Helen
:D

Yet another good report..:)

Will go and read the other part now.

Too late, Tanya - we've seen the photos ;)

Now, what was it you were saying about Jennifer Aniston?

Not ramblin at all,Pet. I'm enjoyin the ride.

What photos?

Oh this is so funny Tanya - I like your style a lot! Thank you for writing and really making me laugh :D :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter