Day pass

Dianna Waite

Earning My Ears
I am looking for an enjoyable way to spend the day while the rest of my party goes to Magic Kingdom. I was looking for a pool or spa. I can rent a room at a value resort and use their facilities. Any other suggestions?

No way I'd pay to use a value pool ..... they have no spas, hot tubs, slides or anything worth paying that much for.

I'm assuming you are staying somewhere with your party and don't really need the room. If it were me I would maybe go to a water park, spend time relaxing on a lounge on a beach, float round and round on the lazy river, bob in the wave pool, have a few drinks or an ice cream sundae, lunch or snacks ... much nicer day for less money than a hotel.

Disney springs is free and you could just go resort hopping if you do not want to ge to the parks

I would not pay room rates just for a value pool. If shopping isn't your thing, I'd resort hop around the monorail loop. Maybe book an appointment at the spa at the Grand Floridian.

I would not pay room rates just for a value pool. If shopping isn't your thing, I'd resort hop around the monorail loop. Maybe book an appointment at the spa at the Grand Floridian.
If I book a spa treatment at the grand Floridian can I spend time in their pool? I need one location for me he entire day as I have limited mobility due to recent knee surgery. I am willing to spend the amount O would have sent on admission to the park for an enjoyable dy!

If I book a spa treatment at the grand Floridian can I spend time in their pool? I need one location for me he entire day as I have limited mobility due to recent knee surgery. I am willing to spend the amount O would have sent on admission to the park for an enjoyable dy!

I don't believe a stay at the spa includes the pool amenities -- but with that said, I have stayed at the Grand Floridian (both hotel side and DVC side) multiple times and have never had anyone check my magic band to see if I was staying there.

No. You would need to be a registered guest or a staying as DVC member on property.

If you want to use a pool, and need to stay all day then I would just book a hotel room.

It might be tough to find something in that price range other than a value at low season with a discount.

If you want a place to soak, I'd just pick Typhoon Lagoon. It will be less expensive to buy a one-day pass there, and you can spend lots of time relaxing in the lazy river.

While the spa at Grand Floridian doesn't include pool access, you could also call and explain your situation to see if they have any suggestions. No guarantees that they'd make an accommodation, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I'd do it with the reservation line to ensure that it's noted in their records, in case there's some kind of "pixie dust" they can offer you. I wouldn't just call a general information line, in case the representative gives you an incorrect answer.

I was reading on another post that GF Spa has a steamroom and a whirlpool spa. It's not a pool but it's bigger than your average whirlpool. I had read that there were chairs that were in the water, which leads me to believe it's at least medium sized. It may be worth a phone call to see what it's all about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!