Day Trip to Busch Gardens

proudmomof4

DIS Veteran
I am a Tampa local who doesn't really care for Busch Gardens, we hadn't been in more than 10 years, but my 2nd son is in town (we are all fully vaccinated) and we wanted something local to do for the day so we went.

For anyone who laughs in the face of danger, or feels like all the Covid news is pretend, Busch Gardens is the place for you. For those who take it seriously, you may not want to go there, yet.

There was very little mask compliance or enforcement. Social distancing? What's that? The social distancing markers were in some parts of the queues, but not the whole queue, and even when they were present, people came right up behind us without masks. There were no plexiglass separators between the twists and turns of the queues, it was pretty much a free for all. Nothing on the rides to separate riders and they weren't skipping rows either. We didn't ride much of anything after the first one.

We did walk around and look at the animal exhibits and were mostly able to be socially distanced doing that.

For dining, all tables were being used.

I spent the whole time comparing it to Disney and the level of security and safety I feel at Disney.

So, we won't be going back anytime soon, at least another 10 years.

I have received my Covid shots. I am still wearing my mask even when it is not necessary. I don't know if the person standing next to me has had their shot. I would not survive Covid, because of some health issues. I don't feel we are quite ready to be unmasked yet.

It's likely due to the time you went as most of the theme parks have started dialing back the COVID procedures as of the end of last week. Masks are no longer required outside at Disney or Universal unless in a ride queue, social distancing markers have been removed or shortened to 3 feet, plexiglass has already started being removed from some queues and rides. The CEO of WD also announced last week that they've already started increasing capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter