• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Days Inn Maingate West

Disneymomma

<font color=red>I am confused here<br><font color=
:confused: I have booked a 10 day stay at the Days Inn Maingate West. (Which enabled me to stay twice as long.) However, lately I have been stumbling upon information that states to stay away from all Days Inns in Orlando. I am very distressed. Has any one personally stayed there? Could anyone give me feedback on this Days Inn? I thought they were reliable, but now, as the trip approaches, I am scared and worried! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I hope I can help you.......its all up to you, your likes and dislikes....

I can barely afford to take the family on vacation, so if it is out there I will find the most inexpensive way to go and not be too, too picky about what I get.....

October 2000 Me, DH and DS stayed at the Days Suites Maingate East. Again, due to $ constraints, it is more cost efficient for us to get a room with a kitchen/kitchenette than to spend all kinds of $$ eating out - and the DSME has a kitchen with a full sized fridge, 2 stovetop burners, dishwasher (no oven). Got a great rate thru the Kissimme/St. Cloud Visitors Guide. We go shopping at the Publix food store and make almost every meal. We even get PB&J and coldcuts to make sandwiches, pack in cooler bags with ziplock bags filled with ice to bring to the parks for lunch. We also fill water bottles half way and freeze them and bring with us. Luckily for us we were able to get a beautiful 2 bedroom Timeshare 3 times that we went down!! So I have had a taste of the good life and am grateful for it.

Down to the basics of the Hotel: Basic Basic Basic....No frills whatsoever - which doesn't matter to me. The room was clean, maid service came every day. Plenty of Towels and everything worked. There were no bugs, no smells, no holes in the walls and no one lurking outside of our room.

The only complaints: the pool was a bit smaller than I would have liked and the water running from all faucets was warm, had no cold water. We wouldn't drink any water in Orlando/Kissimme anyway....we buy bottled.

Now, from what I have read on these boards is that a lot of these people have money to spend on the nicer rooms/hotels/packages......and that's fine, its what I would do if I had the money too. But this is what they are used to and anything less will not do! I figure I travel like this or I don't go at all. Its not like we spend much time in the hotel room other than sleeping anyway!

So, like I said, it is up to you and your taste. If it helps, I believe AAA rates this hotel 2 diamonds.

on both the Days Inn Maingate West that you asked about and the Days Suites Maingate East that disneynutsss posted about on the website

www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/offsite/3_wdw/wdw_offsite.htm

If you scroll down towards midway of this page, you will see reviews by guest who have stayed at these properties not too long ago in the past listed under the heading Kissimmee S.R. 192.

In addition to the positive accomodation reviews, I was just down last summer most recently and witnessed a great portion of families being at both of these hotels (as well as the other surrounding ones on this same street) so I believe things will work out fine for you.

These are at fantastic locations (only min. to park maingates) and convenient to grocery stores, restaurants, and shopping.

Hope this helps you out .

:cool: :cool: Thanks to those that replied! I feel so much better now. Relieved and more at ease! I appreciate the time that you both took in responding with the helpful information and advice! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I am amazed at how friendly and helpful everyone on these boards are! Thanks again!!!

I forgot to actually mention that your hotel Days Inn Maingate West is very much neighboring the exact hotel that I stayed at last year like one/two doors down called the Howard Johnson Maingate West.

Also, I don't know if you had their website but it is www.dimgw.com In addition, this is an approved "Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotel" (the seal is on their website) like mine was and many others on this street. So, I know that you are going to be more likely than not pleased with all of your accomodations during your entire stay.

On their website, I learned that they had a Pizza Hut Express and a family restaurant along with oversized pool, refrigerators, cable tv., hairdryers, and many other amenties that you can read about on their website.

Another thing, this Days Inn Maingate West location on west 192 is definitely a very tranquil one as I have stayed nearby along this end a couple of doors down many times in the past. Last year when we rode by the property leaving our hotel, the building and grounds looked great.

So, you will see many families on vacation where you will be situated and be very convenient to many different eating/shopping venues like I stated earlier.

Sorry I didn't include this in my original post but thought I would pass this along to you additionally when I thought about the fact this hotel was so close to mine last summer.

Have a great time!

:) Again I thank you! I feel so much more at ease. This is a special trip for my daughter and I. We both are quite excited! I was so upset when I kept finding negative comments about all of the Days Inn's in Orlando. (I always thought of them as fairly reliable.) I recieved a very good rate through Hotel Kingdom and was not concerned until I continued stumbling upon the negative information.
Well, my"princess" daughter and I are anxiously awaiting our departure date and now I will be able to sleep knowing that it is a nice place to stay. I thank you again for all the information and help!! :)

Don't know if you have looked on www.mousesavers.com site for discounts to WDW resorts and some in the Downtown Disney area. Some really great rates can be found at the Allstars and the Courtyard Marriott, depending on dates! We got a Disney moderate at a great rate!! Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter