DCA Food & Wine 2020 Festival Superthread - Read First Post for Updates - Updated with Full Menus

Thank you for making this thread! This will be our first visit to the food and wine festival. We typically visit during Halloween time, and are really excited to try all the varieties of food

When we were there last year the lines seemed to get worse throughout the day. They seemed longest in the evenings.
Can confirm, lines in the evenings are very long. Went on a Friday night and I remember taking a few minutes trying to locate the end of the line b/c they just kept on going lol

Sweet! I'm planning a trip for the family in March and this would be a big draw for hubby. I'll add the passports onto my budget for a day's food.

DLR park hours for Feb 28 will be posted next Friday, 1/17, so I expect that we'll see reservations open for beverage seminars and other events around the same time.

The lack of information is quite disturbing to me. I'm a WDW F&W Festival veteran who is taking time off from that one due to the stagnation of the WDW event in recent years. Was looking forward to finally checking out DL's festival this year but I'm very impatient for details. Hopefully now that ROTR opening is out of the way some F & W news will be forthcoming over the next few days so I can finalize plans. Unfortunately none of the handful of events that have been mentioned so far occur during my reservation 3/11-18.

The lack of information is quite disturbing to me. I'm a WDW F&W Festival veteran who is taking time off from that one due to the stagnation of the WDW event in recent years. Was looking forward to finally checking out DL's festival this year but I'm very impatient for details. Hopefully now that ROTR opening is out of the way some F & W news will be forthcoming over the next few days so I can finalize plans. Unfortunately none of the handful of events that have been mentioned so far occur during my reservation 3/11-18.
We usually get our menus the week or so before. Events we should be getting a schedule fairly soon.

Here’s one potential game-changer: for the Lunar New Year festival the booths are accepting mobile order.

This is awesome and I would assume that if they are happy with the results that they would continue this for F&W.

Could be dangerous because it’ll be so easy to order!!!!
I like this idea too, but they said you can’t use the Sip & Savor pass with mobile order. Last year for Food & Wine we did take advantage of ordering multiple items from the shortest line and going to pickup at the other booths. Some popular items definitely were running out, so if you have a must-try, try to get to the booths earlier in the day.

I like this idea too, but they said you can’t use the Sip & Savor pass with mobile order. Last year for Food & Wine we did take advantage of ordering multiple items from the shortest line and going to pickup at the other booths. Some popular items definitely were running out, so if you have a must-try, try to get to the booths earlier in the day.
I always get a sip and savor pass because it’s fun to have the lanyard and have an easy to read menu of all the choices. But I think I would happily forgo that and the couple bucks it might save if I can just do everything mobile order.

I always get a sip and savor pass because it’s fun to have the lanyard and have an easy to read menu of all the choices. But I think I would happily forgo that and the couple bucks it might save if I can just do everything mobile order.
Yes, it’ll be interesting to hear how it impacts lines & wait times with the mobile ordering

Here’s one potential game-changer: for the Lunar New Year festival the booths are accepting mobile order.

This is awesome and I would assume that if they are happy with the results that they would continue this for F&W.

Could be dangerous because it’ll be so easy to order!!!!
You can also order any item you want at any booth. It doesn’t have to be the booth selling it.

You can also order any item you want at any booth. It doesn’t have to be the booth selling it.
Yeah. That’s a great improvement too. Although, last F&W when it was busy they wouldn’t let you place an order for one or two of the busiest booths, which sort of defeated the purpose. But I didn't experience them doing that during festival of holidays last year. Glad they keep tweaking it to make it more efficient!

Not only is DCA F&W more laid back, but I've always wondered if the reason so much info is held back by Disney is so they can build anticipation for the Lunar New Year festivities and avoid having people skip that in favor of F&W.

That being said, the opening of the reservation system is particularly late this year. Reservations for all the seminars and special events had been open for a week by now in both 2019 and 2018.

Fortunately, few experiences outside of the winemaker dinners and they very high profile celebrity chef demos fill up right away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!