• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL busses with an ECV?

dj2

all my little ducks in a row...
does anyone know if the busses that take you from the airport to the ship can accommodate an ecv?
thanks.
dj

Mears provides Disney Cruise Line transfers.

One time on a regular Mears run to the airport, I was in a bus with the DCL paint job. It didn't look like it would take an ECV.

I'm sure if you purchased cruise transfers through Disney and needed transportation for your ECV. Mears would pick you up in one of their accessible vehicles. Just make sure you mention it when you book your transfers.

It will probably be a quicker ride, as you'll be the only party in the van.

Carol

If you need a handicapped accessible bus to transfer to DCL they do provide. Not every bus is equiped so you need to notify DCL of the need in advance.

Originally posted by clkelley
I was in a bus with the DCL paint job. It didn't look like it would take an ECV.

I have ridden one of these buses with a power wheelchair. If they know about you in advance, they can push all the seats together along one side to make a wheelchair/ECV space. These buses also have a toilet to the rear. By means of an amazing arrangement of folding partition walls and doors, it can even be extended big enough for disabled use!!

... though how you are supposed to get to it with your wheelchair or ECV strapped down is another matter.

Andrew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter