DCL Confessions

I definitely don't have Disney blinders on, I would never go to Aulani, did Hawaii back in 2012 staying on Waikiki Beach and then over to Maui, saw much more of the Islands/culture. We went on to Alaska on the Disney Wonder due to points, but if we did it again it probably would be on Princess or Holland America.

As far as other cruise lines, Norwegian/Star and Royal Caribbean/Celebrity are great along with Carnival's subsidiaries such as Cunard, Princess, Holland America, Costa, P&O, Seabourn. Carnival Cruise Line themselves though are a sleazy operation, and they don't call it "Walmart of the Seas" for nothing. Maintenance lacks, quality lacks, and the experience is subpar. Carnival is the Spirit/Allegiant equivalent in the cruise industry. If you like it, good for you but don't think for a second it's a quality experience, it's for those who want a cheap cruise that's just above a ferry.
You still haven't said which Carnival ship you've been on.

I definitely don't have Disney blinders on, I would never go to Aulani, did Hawaii back in 2012 staying on Waikiki Beach and then over to Maui, saw much more of the Islands/culture. We went on to Alaska on the Disney Wonder due to points, but if we did it again it probably would be on Princess or Holland America.

As far as other cruise lines, Norwegian/Star and Royal Caribbean/Celebrity are great along with Carnival's subsidiaries such as Cunard, Princess, Holland America, Costa, P&O, Seabourn. Carnival Cruise Line themselves though are a sleazy operation, and they don't call it "Walmart of the Seas" for nothing. Maintenance lacks, quality lacks, and the experience is subpar. Carnival is the Spirit/Allegiant equivalent in the cruise industry. If you like it, good for you but don't think for a second it's a quality experience, it's for those who want a cheap cruise that's just above a ferry.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

So tell us how you really feel about Carnival!

We haven't been on Carnival in many years, but if it's really "just above a ferry" sign me up! Once, over 20 years ago, DH and I were stuck in Haines, AK when all flights were grounded. We needed to get to Juneau to catch our flight home so we hopped on the Alaskan State Ferry. We had the most delightful afternoon, hanging out with a backpacking group that had been similarly stuck in Skagway. Ahhh........ Good times and a great memory from that trip. Ferries are awesome! :goodvibes

All that aside, I guess I just don't feel the need to cr#p all over a cruise line that thousands of people sail on every week and seem to enjoy, just to make myself feel better.

Have you been to Palo since the menu change? That was about a year ago. I didn't care for dinner at Palo after our first cruise. But went again with the new menu and it's really not bad.

Well, you talked me into booking a dinner on our upcoming cruise. Not sure that we'll actually go, but it's booked. I suppose, after 10 years, it would be reasonable to give it another chance :P

Well, you talked me into booking a dinner on our upcoming cruise. Not sure that we'll actually go, but it's booked. I suppose, after 10 years, it would be reasonable to give it another chance :P
If nothing else, you can top it off with the chocolate souffle. That's what I miss the most about doing brunch primarily.

This recipe been on the website for years.
The last time I visited the downloads section it wasn't there. Instead it was some coloring pages or something

Not that doubting it. Besides I'm sure it's on the internet in multiple places, was just mentioning that I saw it yesterday

The last time I visited the downloads section it wasn't there. Instead it was some coloring pages or something

Not that doubting it. Besides I'm sure it's on the internet in multiple places, was just mentioning that I saw it yesterday
I know I copied it off back in '08. Still have it on the home computer in a Word document copy.

I wouldn't exactly say Waikiki Beach equals Islands/culture.:sad2:

I'm not sure I want to confess my "Bad PArent of the Year" incident....but here goes.
After losing my dear mother in law to brain cancer at 63, and 10 months later dear father in law to a heart attack at age 67 - my family decided we needed a lot of Magic. So we took a much needed vacation and spent a week at WDW followed by a week on the Magic EC in Jan 2011 trip. The week on the cruise we spent with good friends of dh's from the military who had a ds a year older than my dd and they had a dd a year older then my ds.
In AP on the last night (we had late seating), I encouraged my ds 3 1/2 to eat all his pasta and I would buy him the big toy he wanted from the store. He is not a good eater and every night the servers would bring our friends daughter 2 meals and she would eat like a pro while ds would not eat hardly anything. So on the last night, I encouraged him - eat all your pasta and you will have the big toy! I can't recall now what the toy was...so ds was so excited. He ate every piece of macaroni. The server commented how proud he was, we all laughed and cheered him on.....UNTIL.....ds started to vomit. Projectile vomit..
all the macaroni all over. EVERYWHERE. on his clothes, on me, on his plate, on the table cloth...I was mortified. The adults hadn't even been served meals yet. Our friends thought it was so funny. DS was fine, he just ate too fast. I felt horrible. Worse was our luggage was put out and already gone, all we had was our clothes for the next day.
I scooped him up and headed for the stateroom. The server followed me wanting to make it right, asking to sent my meal there but I was already racing out. What happened after I left, I know because our friends took lots of pictures. Men in suits and helmets came to the table; SPACE MEN they looked like - biohazard suits came to the table to clean up the mess and replace the linens, the dishes and all the silverware. Then they reset the table and all the food. Apparently no one from the other tables even flinched.
DS and I cleaned up, we went straight to the store and bought the toy, and then headed back to the dining room - I could barely look at anyone. But the servers were so happy to see us, they welcomed ds and quickly brought food out and acted like nothing happened.
The kids still talk about the "Space Man" at dinner.....
And I never use bribes for eating anymore - learned my lesson :eek::eek::eek:
:lmao: Oh wow! Space men! Only Disney :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!