DCL Insurance vs. Third Party

Before you buy a policy, (or even put money down on anything) check with your credit card. Many cards offers travel protection, but the purchases must have been made on that card. See if the travel protection from your card is good enough for you (it's not always as comprehensive as a travel insurance policy) before you buy a policy.

This is a great suggestion! Our flights will be through Southwest, and we purchase them with the SW credit card, so I am pretty sure that will be covered.

I just bought a 3rd party policy today. I did not realize though that some coverages (trip cancellation, etc) are not valid if the policy is purchased AFTER the trip has been paid in full (i havent thought enough about it for it to make sense to me)

I never bought it before - and now only buy it for medical and evac coverage 0 but I've read to many horror stories about being stranded in foreign hospitals with life threatening conditions due to being unable to cover medical evac. costs. I cant imagine my family being in that position so gladly pay the permium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!