DCL letters to the 11/23 cruisers

Thanks so much for posting those, Dave. I hate it when negative reports of DCL that are unwarranted cause people to question their vacation plans. Hopefully the facts, right there in black and white, should clear up any confusion, show people the way in which Disney handled the situation and renew any confidence that was lost in the cruise line by recent posts. I guess a letter from the DCL president on the first day of the cruise warning people to take extra care in washing their hands and avoiding physical contact with strangers dispels any stories that the only way guests knew anything was up was by whispered rumors from lower crew members who were afraid of losing their jobs for "telling" DCL's dirty secret. Quite a different picture is painted of that cruise. I can't wait until our January 4th Magic cruise and I think those guidelines are a good reminder about how to avoid getting sick with ANY bug that happens to be going around while on vacation.

Lisa

Wow....now those are factual documents I can appreciate. It really looks like DCL did everything they could to keep people aware and updated. Thanks for posting those Dave!:)

Dave -- THANK YOU for putting these on your site. I, too, was on the 11/23 cruise and luckily did not get sick. In numerous posts, I have tried to tell people that we were given more than adequate information, but I felt like I was spitting in the wind since nobody seemed to want to believe me, they all wanted to believe the worst! :(

I hope your friends had as great a cruise as we did. We loved every minute despite the minor inconveniences posed by the Bleach Brigade on the ship, but I have to confess to being frustrated at the number of times I have had to say "150 people out of 3500 means that 3350 people were not sick!!".

mcnuss, thanks for your neverending efforts to put people's mind at ease about cruising on DCL. I just remember how NUTS I was before my first cruise worrying about all of these crazy things because of what I read on the boards at times. I had nightmares for WEEKS before my cruise because of it and couldn't even plan the way I usually do because there seemed to be too many things out of my control. Well, we went on board and everything was wonderful from the second we got there. I'm sure there were a few glitches here and there (there always are) but I honestly can't say I remember what they were at this point! I just remember a great cruise.

I guess you're just a "the glass is 95% full" instead of "the glass is 5% empty" kind of a person! :)

Lisa

In reading the responses to "DCL Letters...", I am thinking that some of the comments are being directed at my negative posts regarding communication from the powers that be. I actually recieved a PM from mcnuss about this as well. Believe it or not, but a few of the letters posted here were never placed in our cabin. This is the first time I am seeing them. Reading them in total now does reflect an almost daily update, as well as a "pre-cruise" acknowledgement. Like I mentioned, our DD9 saved everything for her scrapbook and I went through it all the other night. We only had three of the items posted. Retroactively I would have to say that the information was given; I wish I had access to it as many of you did.

Again, I'm sorry that for whatever reason you did not receive the information that was given out to at least some of the other cruise passengers, and I'm sorry that ruined the cruise for you. It's just good to know that overall DCL did not drop the ball (though if you didn't receive the updates, it would appear your stateroom host/ess did, and of course that does reflect on DCL.)

Lisa

I can't tell you how many times I have been inconvenienced and held over (and lied to BTW) by the airlines but I can tell you this.....they NEVER served lunch and PROVIDED ENTERTAINMENT complete with Disney characters while I was being inconvenienced.
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter