DCL Light Cards

I would suggest that you use an old card and decorate it with Disney stickers or use an old Disney gift card.

Tip - as you leave your room for the last time... don't forget to take your light card with you, especially if you've put effort into it and it means something to you. We tend to forget something that's always there and that you need until the last moment you walk out.

The Dream and the Fantasy (and I would guess ships 5, 6 and 7)

Edited to fix current ships that require cards

Could someone explain this, please? How would you turn the lights and TV on and off if you didin’t use a card?

Could someone explain this, please? How would you turn the lights and TV on and off if you didin’t use a card?
On the Dream and the Fantasy, if there is no card inserted, the power to lights/TV is disabled. I think they figure most guests will just use their KTTW card and have to take the card with them when they leave the room, so they can leave everything turned on.

The older ships don't have this power cutoff system and you just use the switches normally

There is a slot to put a card in by the door (see pictures above). This allows the lights and the TV to work. When you take the card out of the slot it takes about a minute for the lights to go out.
Any gift card/hotel key or your KTTW card will work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter