DCL pricing for DVC members

minorthr

DIS Veteran
I thought I remembered our guide mention if you are a dvc member and want to book a Disney cruise and are paying cash you would get day one pricing. So if the cruise has gone up say $1000 since it was released you would get the original price.

Is that true and if so how do you go about booking that ?

Guide probably meant that DVC members pay a negotiated price if they book for cash through MS. That price does not change as it gets closer to departure. However, it is not necessarily a lower price than you could get from DCL or a TA, especially if you tend to book your cruises well in advance.

Call MS for the cash price for a particular cruise.

Last edited:
Guide probably meant that DVC members pay a negotiated price if they book for cash through MS. That price does not change as it gets closer to departure. However, it is not necessarily a lower price than you could get from DCL or a TA, especially if you tend to book your cruises well in advance.

Call MS for the cash price for a particular cruise.

Ok yea thats probably what they were referring to. Thank you

I thought I remembered our guide mention if you are a dvc member and want to book a Disney cruise and are paying cash you would get day one pricing. So if the cruise has gone up say $1000 since it was released you would get the original price.

Is that true and if so how do you go about booking that ?
Generally DVC members do not get a discount at all, there have been a couple of specific exceptions. Otherwise to access the DVC pricing you have to do one adult on points. Then the pricing is a slight discount off rack rates and almost always higher than early booking prices and other specials.

This is true for cruises and Adventures by Disney trips. The price rises as it sells out but you can get the original price. Always check current promotions to see if you can do better though. This applies for cash purchases. Points don’t change. It is generally not a good use of points to book a cruise or ABD but there are exceptions if you bought the points much cheaper than today’s prices.
DVC reports to the same EVP as DCL and ABD so it is easier for them to negotiate perks like this.

A good travel agent can offer an additional small discount and help you get the DVC rates. Dreams Unlimited Travel sponsors this site and can help you do this (but not if you are using points).

Last edited:
This is true for cruises and Adventures by Disney trips. The price rises as it sells out but you can get the original price. Always check current promotions to see if you can do better though. This applies for cash purchases. Points don’t change. It is generally not a good use of points to book a cruise or ABD but there are exceptions if you bought the points much cheaper than today’s prices.
DVC reports to the same EVP as DCL and ABD so it is easier for them to negotiate perks like this.

A good travel agent can offer an additional small discount and help you get the DVC rates. Dreams Unlimited Travel sponsors this site and can help you do this (but not if you are using points).

Thanks , I do not plan on using points as you stated its not a good value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!