DCL Website Room Availability

Quellman

Donald Duck
I cannot seem to find the correct search term for the above topic. I seem to recall discussions that the DCL Website displays room search results that favor the port side of the ship. One should use a travel agent or call Disney directly to obtain any hidden rooms that could be available on the starboard side. Is this still accurate?

This is my edit. I called DCL and they are able to see the full availability. As stated below, they website typically show 8 rooms per category starting with the lowest numbers.

Last edited:
Yes, the website displays only a small number of the actual staterooms available and tends to display the port side rooms first. Call or use a travel agent if there is a specific stateroom you wish to book that isn't showing. It may or may not be available.

Yes, the website displays only a small number of the actual staterooms available and tends to display the port side rooms first. Call or use a travel agent if there is a specific stateroom you wish to book that isn't showing. It may or may not be available.

As expected then. Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned, after 6 years here I know I've seen the topic show up in various threads along the way, but the search function wasn't working all too well.

Just google "Disney Cruise Line secret staterooms". It will come up. Not sure if it's this website or another one but you will find it. I was just looking at it a day or two ago. Thinking about spring break next year. DCL is just so astronomically expensive though.

Yes, the DCL website shows 8 rooms/category/area of the ship at a time, starting with the lowest numbered rooms...which are port side. To get a starboard room, either use a TA or call DCL.

What is the difference between the two sides of the boat? We've usually been on the port side...what am I missing!!?? 😀

The view. The Dream class boats back in to dock. The starboard side gets the view of the city and CC. Also, port side decks seem to have most of the smoking areas. Depending on where you are on ship, that could be an advantage or disadvantage. Either way, both sides have the same square footage, etc.

The view. The Dream class boats back in to dock. The starboard side gets the view of the city and CC. Also, port side decks seem to have most of the smoking areas. Depending on where you are on ship, that could be an advantage or disadvantage. Either way, both sides have the same square footage, etc.
Don't forget the potential for fireworks viewing from your room.
Sunset views are starboard when cruising south on the East Coast.
And when cruising north, they will be port side. :)

Will DCL tell you if more cabins are available or not verses what is showing on their site?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!