DCL wedding photography

lizmcc

Earning My Ears
I’m pretty sure this is already a post but when I looked at it it was very out of date if I’m wrong then please forgive me.

I’m currently planning my wedding on a DCL Cruise and I’m curious if the photography on the cruise is worth it? it’s somewhere between $300 and $1000 which isn’t cheap by any means but it is less than bringing someone on that isn’t part of the cruise line already which can cost upwards of 2000 or $3000.

so my question is are the onboard photographs that bad? if you could post when your cruise was so That I can tell if maybe they have improved (because like I said a lot of the info I have seen is from before like 2010) that would be great .

We were married in 2016 on Castaway Cay with the Magic and used DCL photography and LOVED our pictures. I've definitely heard mixed reviews but I decided to go for it because of the cost savings. I'm so glad I did because we really loved our photos!

Unfortunately, it's luck of the draw. Disney uses an outside contractor for photography on the ships, and they seem to have a PhotoPass-level of screening when it comes to hiring photographers. So if you're lucky, your cruise will have a photographer onboard who is talented and experienced. If you're not, then it's the same as getting an inexperienced Photopass photographer (with the added stress of having to select all the photos you want prints of before your cruise ends—though that can be remedied by buying the USB of all images and just printing your own when you get home).

We were married in 2016 on Castaway Cay with the Magic and used DCL photography and LOVED our pictures. I've definitely heard mixed reviews but I decided to go for it because of the cost savings. I'm so glad I did because we really loved our photos!
Do you know if they ever use "interns" for their photography? kind of like the apprenticeship program in other areas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!