DCP- How old is too old?

leebee

DIS Veteran
I am back in school, part-time, working on finishing an undergrad degree in education, then probably on to a master's degree, while working full-time. I have always loved the idea of doing the DCP! However... am I too old? (yes, I am really old... just turned 61). Would it be foolish for me to bother to apply? I am strong and healthy, get along well with people of all ages, and wouldn't have a problem living in a dorm, working long hours, etc. Is it worth taking a shot at the DCP?

There are several adult students on every College Program, and if the dorms and hours don't bother you, go for it!

Yes, definitely give it a shot! It's also worth noting that you'll only be surrounded by 20-somethings at your housing complex. Your work environment will have a very broad range of ages represented (I had coworkers anywhere from 18 to mid-70s and loved all of them).

You are NOT too old! I am just about to leave for my second DCP and am just shy of your age. There is no age limit. I met several very nice people on my first program who were older and had grown children. There are also a lot of participants who have finished military service and attend college and are doing the program. You will be treated exactly the same as anyone else. This also means that the hours may be crazy and there may be several types of jobs you do depending on your role. It is hard work but what I learned helped me to see my full time job in a different way. I have been able to make suggestions to my employer which they found helpful to the extent that they are happily letting me take the next 4 months off to do another program. Yes, you get a few looks but I also made friends with young people from all over the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter