DCP?

PxmpkinSpice

Earning My Ears
Hello! I am currently a senior in high school, but am really looking forward to the Disney College Program. I am looking to major in biology or biochemistry in order to become a pharmacist. I am unsure whether or not I should do the DCP later in college because of my career path. Do you guys think that the DCP would match my major/career path? Also, if anyone has any information regarding if UCs (Universities of California) take the DCP as credit, please let me know. Thanks!

Hey there!

I, personally, think that the experience of doing the DCP will outweigh the actual career benefits of doing the DCP no matter what field you're going into. Unless you're directly in the Hospitality or Entertainment lines of business, I think the benefits of doing a DCP are pretty standard-- it's a great resume booster, but you'd really have to work to make your experience on the DCP relevant to the biology/biochemistry field. With that being said: it's a terrific experience, and I do recommend it to anyone who LOVES the Parks and is willing to do the research to see if the Program is worth it. It's also a great stepping stone for any Professional Internships that Disney might offer related to biology-- I don't know if there are too many biology-related PI roles out there, but I'm sure there's something for every field.

As far as whether the UCs take the DCP as credit, it will depend not only on which University, but which department facilitates your studies. I went to a school that didn't accept the DCP as internship credit for my major, did Fall 2016, was set back by a semester, and didn't regret it one bit. And even though the DCP ended up being mostly irrelevant to my degree (Communications), I loved it so much that I went back for Spring Advantage 2020, the semester after I graduated. That's always a possibility if you can't get credit for the Program while you're in school! You'll have an entire year after graduation to apply, which will give you a good 2-3 seasons to look at. Personally, I think you should choose which ever school has the best biology department, and if they don't accept credit, look into doing the DCP the semester after you graduate.

Good luck!

Hey question I am looking into doing dcp and I have been trying for hours to find which colleges are able to have transferable credits while doing dcp if anyone know please let me know

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts