DD Birthday cake???

Tiffer

DIS Veteran
WE are celebrating my DD b-day ina few weeks and are headed to DLR. I am not doing the party at plaza inn, b/c she is having a party that weekend, following her actual b-day.
Anyone know wehre we can get a cake? Or a special b-day ting to do? I know about getting the sticker...

Tiffer said:
WE are celebrating my DD b-day ina few weeks and are headed to DLR. I am not doing the party at plaza inn, b/c she is having a party that weekend, following her actual b-day.
Anyone know wehre we can get a cake? Or a special b-day ting to do? I know about getting the sticker...

Outside the Plaza Inn and also at Goofy's Kitchen (DL Hotel), they sell birthday buckets. They have Sorcerer Mickey and a Princess themed one. They cost $20 and come with goodies inside. It also comes with a small round cake (enough to share with 2 people). If you have an AP they offer a 15% discount and I believe it's 10% if you are a AAA member.

The sorcerer mickey bucket is cute. The lid is a pointy blue sorcerer hat with mickey ears on the side. The side of the bucket also has plastic white mickey hands. It also comes with an adjustable red strap so you can carry it on your shoulder. Inside it has a sorcerer mickey plush keychain, stickers and a birthday pin.

The princess themed bucket has a cone shaped princess hat with ribbons dangling out from the top. It comes with a small plastic hairbrush and mirror, stickers and a princess birthday pin.

Hope this helps. :goodvibes

We had dinner at GK & bought a cake there, the characters brought it to her then signed her tablecloth.

There's a Mickey Birthday Celebration at the Plaza Inn for $10/person. You get a Mickey cake to decorate. There's games and fun, and a meet/picture with Mickey & Minnie. Here's an old thread with more info on birthdays (saving it because we're going to celebrate my 2 DDs birthday when we go in March):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1089300

MagicalMomAZ said:
We had dinner at GK & bought a cake there, the characters brought it to her then signed her tablecloth.

Where did you buy the cake?

amw said:
There's a Mickey Birthday Celebration at the Plaza Inn for $10/person. You get a Mickey cake to decorate. There's games and fun, and a meet/picture with Mickey & Minnie. Here's an old thread with more info on birthdays (saving it because we're going to celebrate my 2 DDs birthday when we go in March):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1089300

Thank you so much for the info, but it's just me, her dad and her. We are thinking dinner and this is only 2:30 & 3:30 seatings. Her party is the following weekend.

I have heard of the different resort hotels making cakes! Call them and see. Someone posted that they had dinner at RFC but PPH made the cake and someone in their party just ran over and picked it up. Not sure of the cost but worth a phone call.

I think that any of the full service restaurants will bring your dd a PIECE of cake with a candle and sing to her. I thought you were trying to get a whole cake! We have celebrated many bdays at DL and we have sung at every full service restaurant there is-lol! If you make a ps, tell them on the phone it is your dd's bday and again tell them when you check in. Even at Goofy's, they will bring cake and sing. My favorite though was lunch at BB with a birthday bucket for dd. They serve a small cake in the top of the bucket, bigger than a cup cake and it was plenty for 4 of us. We've heard others complain, but we thought it was delicious with lots of creamy icing. I made arrangements for the bucket when I did the PS. I think it was an extra $20 and came with a pin and stickers and I don't remember what else. It was cute but a pain cause we had to carry it around after lunch. DD still has it though. They sang to me once at BB and brought me some dessert that we were not charged for as well. We never asked for it because well, it was my bday and usually that is the mom's department, but my kids insisted I get a bday sticker/button in the morning and the waiter noticed it and brought the dessert on his own!

We had dinner at Storyteller Cafe for my daughter's birthday early this month. I just ordered the cake when making the reservation (through the DL "Dine" number). They had a lot of options but I decided to keep it a simple since my DD4 wanted to have a Dora birthday (which we were doing the week later). It was a very nicely done cake and it was very cheap. I think they had several sizes available.

Best of all, DD really liked it and didn't want to cut it at all.

M&C

Just mention the birthday when you make reservations and your DD will be given a cupcake and sung to.

I have to say the cakes in the birthday buckets are not that good. We have gotten them 4 times and all four times they were bad. They taste exactly like what they are, previously frozen cake that is thawed out a little before you get it.

The same goes for the Plaza Inn Birthday Celebration. The cake they give you to decorate is sometimes still frozen in the center, GROSS!

If you wanted to buy a cake (which I would not recommend) you have to do it 48 hours in advance (cakes other then the birthday bucket). They do not budge on this 48 hour notice either. They are VERY over-priced and again, they are previously frozen cakes.

If you will have a car there then go to any of the local grocery store, you will get a much better tasting cake for a fraction of the price. Just remember that you can't bring a cake into the parks so you will have to bring the cake to a restaurant in one of the hotels or Downtown Disney. If you do bring your own cake then the staff will store it for you and have a character come sing to your DD when they bring it out. This is what we did for my daughters birthday party's in June at Goofy's Kitchen. See pictures below from Goofy's Kitchen...
Brooklyn in front of her cake
101_9415.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Madison's Cake
101_9418.jpg.w560h420.jpg

I have to say that I think that Goofy's Kitchen is awesome for a birthday but I have to say that a VERY close 2nd is the Lilo & Stitch Breakfast. We have SOOOOO much fun everytime we go there. I think the advantage to GK is that there are face characters that can interact with your children, where as Lilo's Breakfast none of the characters can speak so interaction is limited.

Hope this helps.

Hey there! Well when we had my dd bday a couple of weeks ago(??) we ordered the cake from PPH and the cost was $25.00. It was big! We had 6 kids and 4 adults and did not finish it, we ended up giveing the rest to people who sat nearby, I have never paid less then $35.00 for a cake-even at Albertsons! :blush: By the way where did you get those castle cookies?? they were darling!!! :wizard:

Yes, I love those castle cookies, too!

I am trying to talk dh into a November 2007 visit, where we can celebrate the kids' bdays at DL. They both have November bdays. So I am taking it all in here. Thanks for the tips!

Brooklyn said:
Just mention the birthday when you make reservations and your DD will be given a cupcake and sung to.

I have to say the cakes in the birthday buckets are not that good. We have gotten them 4 times and all four times they were bad. They taste exactly like what they are, previously frozen cake that is thawed out a little before you get it.

The same goes for the Plaza Inn Birthday Celebration. The cake they give you to decorate is sometimes still frozen in the center, GROSS!

If you wanted to buy a cake (which I would not recommend) you have to do it 48 hours in advance (cakes other then the birthday bucket). They do not budge on this 48 hour notice either. They are VERY over-priced and again, they are previously frozen cakes.

If you will have a car there then go to any of the local grocery store, you will get a much better tasting cake for a fraction of the price. Just remember that you can't bring a cake into the parks so you will have to bring the cake to a restaurant in one of the hotels or Downtown Disney. If you do bring your own cake then the staff will store it for you and have a character come sing to your DD when they bring it out. This is what we did for my daughters birthday party's in June at Goofy's Kitchen. See pictures below from Goofy's Kitchen...
Brooklyn in front of her cake
101_9415.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Madison's Cake
101_9418.jpg.w560h420.jpg

I have to say that I think that Goofy's Kitchen is awesome for a birthday but I have to say that a VERY close 2nd is the Lilo & Stitch Breakfast. We have SOOOOO much fun everytime we go there. I think the advantage to GK is that there are face characters that can interact with your children, where as Lilo's Breakfast none of the characters can speak so interaction is limited.

Hope this helps.

Where did you get those cakes? they are beautiful! they don't look like Ralphs to me! And GK's stored those for you while you went to the parks?

We did DD's 4th at Goofy's Kitchen - the character's brought her a cake, sang a song & she blew out the candles. Then she got tons of autographs. :goodvibes

It worked for us, she had a blast & we got some great pics - I highly recommend it. Makes me sad both kids B-days are in the summer though , I don't want to go back during those months. :guilty:

I have an AMAZING lady who makes cakes for me. They are soooo cute and they taste great!! She is also the one who made my cookies. Her cookies designs are always right on with what I ask her for! My daughter LOVED her cake and no one wanted to cut it :)

GK did store the cakes for us for the day but it was not an easy task. We were staying at the DL hotel and the cakes were delivered at about 11:00. At first they said they could not store the castle one b/c it would not fit in their refrigerator but in the end (and I am sure paying for 40 people at GK) they stored them for me and helped to set them up when we got to restaurant for the party. We had a GREAT time!!!

Brooklyn said:
I have an AMAZING lady who makes cakes for me. They are soooo cute and they taste great!! She is also the one who made my cookies. Her cookies designs are always right on with what I ask her for! My daughter LOVED her cake and no one wanted to cut it :)

GK did store the cakes for us for the day but it was not an easy task. We were staying at the DL hotel and the cakes were delivered at about 11:00. At first they said they could not store the castle one b/c it would not fit in their refrigerator but in the end (and I am sure paying for 40 people at GK) they stored them for me and helped to set them up when we got to restaurant for the party. We had a GREAT time!!!

Is she in OC? If so can you e-mail me her name and #?

here is the free cupcake that my brother got at the Lilo & Stich breakfast. I thought it was so cute.
100_5133.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter