DD getting her braces off in 3 weeks!

Verandah Man

I DREAM of a FANTASY that's full of MAGIC & WONDER
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Almost two years to the day my DD had her braces put on, they will be coming off!!!:teeth:

She is soooooooooooooooooo excited that she will be able to chew gum again, at least until the retainer goes on.

My DW has already bought her a pack of SUGARLESS gum.:teeth:

What amazes me, I can't believe it's been two years already.

She had the braces put in one week before I had my partial knee replacement surgery, and she gets them out, one week after my DW(48) has her hip replacement surgery. I hope we are done with surgeries for awhile, LOL!!!!!:teeth:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I've heard stories about kids leaving them on their luch trays at school and getting tossed in the trash. I'm sure they aren't cheap to replace either?

My DD was in braces for 7 years with the exception of a short 6 month break. So I understand your daughter's excitement , LOL!! Good for her!!

The only problem my DD had after getting her braces off was that she almost had to relearn to play the flute. Her embouchure had been compensating for the braces for such a long time and she said it felt incredibly different without them.

Good luck to your DD! Today is the day my DS gets his on.:eek: And next month the payments start!!

Krisu,

Ouch!!! Been there done that!!! I'm just glad my insurance paid for half the cost!!! I just hope my DD doesn't lose her retainer!!!

How long will she wear the retainer? Our Insurance will pay $1,500.00. The ortho said ins will pay us directly not him. he said he had a family tell him they spent the money on a trip to Disney:D

Our insurance paid $2000.00 directly to the ortho, then we paid $600.00 down and $100.00 a month 'til it was paid off.
My DW is not sure how long she has to wear the retainer, but she thinks at least a year. The first 6 months she has to wear it 24/7 and can only take it out for meals and gym class.

Congrats! My daughter just gor hers off on Jan. 29. She had her teeth straightened in 2 phases, so she's had either braces or a retainer for the past 5 years. She now has a permanent retainer cemented to the back of her teeth so that they will never move. She looks terrific now though.

Congratulations to your dd.

My dd can't wait, they tell her they'll come off in spring. :)

Congratulations to your DD. I know what you mean about losing the retainer. Our ortho would pay for the first replacement. After that its $250.00. When DS lost his retainer - he was without it for 4 days - they actually put the braces back on for 5 months because he teeth had moved that much. We didn't have to pay for it though thank goodness.

As far as insurance goes when we went initially we had no ortho insurance and we were quoted $1100.00. When we actually started the braces we did have insurance which paid $1,000 but somehow the price then went to $3,600.00.:earseek:

My DD's cost was $4100.00, my insurance paid $2000.00, we paid the rest.

It was kind of funny what happened though.

I had knee surgery in October 2000, which left me on crutches for 12 weeks. The surgery was a failure, did not do what my surgeon had hoped it would. In March of 2001, I had a partial knee replacement done on the same knee, this was a success!!! I was out of work a total of 6 months between the two surgeries. I had purchased AFLAC insurance a few years before my surgeries.
I had enough sick time in my sick bank at work to cover my wages for the 6 months that I was out of work, the extra $$ that I got from my AFLAC policy paid for the rest of my DD's braces, and for oral surgery that my DW needed.

So, that little AFLAC duck you see on TV was a big help. It's a good thing we weren't DVC Members back then, or I, probably would have bought more DVC Points with the extra $$. LOL!!!

My DH's daughter put her retainer in a napkin at a restaurant and we walked out. It was a tough lesson for her because her mother made her pay for the replacement. A bit harsh - she was only 11 at the time.

Our DS8 just started with spacer a couple of days ago. He's home sick from school and I made a pizza for lunch. He starts eating it and come busting back into the kitchen, almost in tears, because he just remember now that he's only suppose to eat pizza if it's cut up. I don't remember this from the list of things that he can't eat. Doesn't anyone know what's up with that??

Anyway.......Congrats to your daughter -- watch that retainer though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter