DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Yep, I saw but I would have taken one for the wider football team. VAR is ruining the game. Last week against City, they didn't know whether to celebrate or not, because everyone is looking at the screens. It's taking away that explosion of joy that comes with a goal, and the fan in stadium should always be the primary focus, and we are now at the bottom of the pile.

I thought the call at the end of the City vs Tottenham game was carp as well. And, they messed a choke grab takedown in the penalty box on a corner kick in the first half. Not sure what they are reviewing when.

As for the fan, once TV contracts became the amounts they are, fans were forgotten.

Good Sunday morning dads. I’m back from under the rock called life. DD’s competitive cheer season has come to an end so life is back to the closest I can call normalcy.

Never did the cheer thing, but mine did the dance thing for years. Congratulations.

I am home, thanks for not burning down the place.

I was on my best behavior. Can I borrow the car next weekend?

I thought the call at the end of the City vs Tottenham game was carp as well. And, they messed a choke grab takedown in the penalty box on a corner kick in the first half. Not sure what they are reviewing when.
I totally agree mate although I would phrase it slightly differently, the call was right, the rule is wrong. I think var is going to bring in a ton a rule changes as the rules were developed to suit a ref and 2 Linos, and we are just not there any more. But again you are right that TV as ever, changes everything.

Hey guys, I’m away from home for a few days on “staycation”. A friend of mine has a summer home in a tiny town called Trouty. I’ll have to post a couple pictures later. We’re going to spend a couple days sightseeing in the area. Bonavista and Trinity are a couple towns the Canadian guys may have heard of before. It’s just nice to get away.

Never did the cheer thing, but mine did the dance thing for years.
h dance is just getting ready to fire up
Youngest DDs dance lessons and the payments start up in a few weeks. I’m glad she’s in something to keep her occupied but the cost is getting a bit much. They’re planning on traveling to a competition in Nova Scotia this year too.

Morning Guys.

Wet, sticky day here today, just a continuation from last night. It was so humid playing last night that as we were finishing around 9 pm fog was forming on the pitch.

Busy day today, take care all.

Hey guys, I’m away from home for a few days on “staycation”. A friend of mine has a summer home in a tiny town called Trouty. I’ll have to post a couple pictures later. We’re going to spend a couple days sightseeing in the area. Bonavista and Trinity are a couple towns the Canadian guys may have heard of before. It’s just nice to get away.

Good trout fishing there?

Top O the Mornin Dads! Got the boy moved back to school this weekend so now getting back into that empty nester mode. Sunday dinner was difficult last night as it was just DW and my MIL and me. Gonna take some getting used to. Have a good week guys.
I am home, thanks for not burning down the place.
Welcome back! Looks like you just missed the SWGE preview but hey we''l be there in January. An don't believe Norm, nor let him borrow the car........... trust me on this one

Morning from a cloudy Silicon Valley.

One kid has already left to go back to college; the other goes back Friday. And then we're down to one until Thanksgiving.

On the work front, I appear to have outclevered myself. A team that my team works with is being shifted elsewhere, so I pinged the guy in charge of the new team to talk about going out and doing some deep-dive talks. Because, hey, he's near Denver and I haven't been there in a while and it's a pretty nice place.

He gets back to me, "Hey, that's a great idea, but most of the team is in Iowa. Why don't you go out there instead?"

So I'm flying into Omaha next month...

Morning fellas! I'm looking forward to a nice quiet week ahead. Last week I was off for most of it because I got the stomach flu from one of my coworkers. Best part is that I lost 5 pounds!

Sacramento is only going to be 86° today. In August. Absolutely fantastic!

And, back to another Monday. Ugh.

Oh dance is just getting ready to fire up. On the plus side it has given me tons of time to plan and over analyze our September trip.

I feel your pain. Don't overanalyze too much though. You'll plan yourself out of something good.

I totally agree mate although I would phrase it slightly differently, the call was right, the rule is wrong. I think var is going to bring in a ton a rule changes as the rules were developed to suit a ref and 2 Linos, and we are just not there any more. But again you are right that TV as ever, changes everything.

I know what your saying, but I still disagree with the call. I thought the rule is that a handball, even accidental, can't score or set up a goal. I would interpret that as being handed into the goal, or handed onto a foot/ body and then into the goal. However, Jesus set himself up with one touch prior to the shot. So, it's a continuation of any part of the play? For argument's sake then, if Tottenham had stole the ball from Jesus, dribbled all the way down the field, and scored a goal, then it's reversed?

Youngest DDs dance lessons and the payments start up in a few weeks. I’m glad she’s in something to keep her occupied but the cost is getting a bit much. They’re planning on traveling to a competition in Nova Scotia this year too.

Enjoy the staycation, even without the trout. I was happy dance payments ended, but orthodontic or swim payments started. The payments never end.

No he wasn't. He drank all the rum and when it was his turn to buy the bacon he said he had to go play tennis

Snitches get stitches. :furious:

On the work front, I appear to have outclevered myself. A team that my team works with is being shifted elsewhere, so I pinged the guy in charge of the new team to talk about going out and doing some deep-dive talks. Because, hey, he's near Denver and I haven't been there in a while and it's a pretty nice place.

I've not been to either location. Is the appeal of Denver the weed? Asking for a friend if you believe that.

Welcome back! Looks like you just missed the SWGE preview but hey we''l be there in January. An don't believe Norm, nor let him borrow the car........... trust me on this one

Rats go splats. :furious:

Morning fellas! I'm looking forward to a nice quiet week ahead. Last week I was off for most of it because I got the stomach flu from one of my coworkers. Best part is that I lost 5 pounds!

Good news on the weight loss. Bad news on the way to do it. So, I just need a year's worth of stomach flu for a healthy weight?

know what your saying, but I still disagree with the call. I thought the rule is that a handball, even accidental, can't score or set up a goal. I would interpret that as being handed into the goal, or handed onto a foot/ body and then into the goal
Almost. The rule is that the fouling team cannot gain an advantage i.e keep possession, drop to control, score or anything else. Ball to hand doesn’t count so if a striker blasts a ball at a guy’s hand and he can’t get it out of the way, no foul. So in your example the handball going spurs way and scoring would not be called back as no advantage was gained. As the attack progressed the ref would have waived to play on, a bit like the ref declining the penalty in nfl terms. Which is what I was sort of saying, the var was right to the rule of the game, so the call was right, it’s the rule that is wrong.

I've not been to either location. Is the appeal of Denver the weed? Asking for a friend if you believe that.

No, not at all. (No reason to go to Denver if I wanted some, it's as legal here as it is there.) It's just a nice city. We ended up going there a few times when the kids were younger.

I decided to see if there were any shows in Omaha while I'm there, because I'm going to need something to do at night. Touring show of Hamilton is there...which means A) there's nothing else showing, B) all the tickets are sold out, C) resales are stupid-expensive, and D) it doesn't really matter because I saw it back when I was doing NYC trips.

Sacramento is only going to be 86° today. In August. Absolutely fantastic!

That's not a great way to lose weight, but always look on the bright side, I suppose.

We supposedly aren't breaking 80 today on the bayshore. Pleasant change from last week.

Almost. The rule is that the fouling team cannot gain an advantage i.e keep possession, drop to control, score or anything else. Ball to hand doesn’t count so if a striker blasts a ball at a guy’s hand and he can’t get it out of the way, no foul. So in your example the handball going spurs way and scoring would not be called back as no advantage was gained. As the attack progressed the ref would have waived to play on, a bit like the ref declining the penalty in nfl terms. Which is what I was sort of saying, the var was right to the rule of the game, so the call was right, it’s the rule that is wrong.

So, bad example as Tottenham would not have been the attacking team. If the ball had been cleared and then re-centered and headed in, then would it count? My point is under the new rule, the ref now has to determine if a goal is a continuation of the same play. The one at City was fairly direct, but now it's up to the lawyers to look for loopholes. And with that, like you said, the fan no longer can just enjoy the game.

I think VAR as well as all sports replays, should only overturn the obvious calls. If the play has to be frozen in super slow mo or take multiple views, then let it stand. Or, every call has to be reviewed.

No, not at all. (No reason to go to Denver if I wanted some, it's as legal here as it is there.) It's just a nice city. We ended up going there a few times when the kids were younger.

I decided to see if there were any shows in Omaha while I'm there, because I'm going to need something to do at night. Touring show of Hamilton is there...which means A) there's nothing else showing, B) all the tickets are sold out, C) resales are stupid-expensive, and D) it doesn't really matter because I saw it back when I was doing NYC trips.

Just curious. Never had the desire like Mark to travel over the country. I like theme parks and oceans. Hawaii even seems a bit far to travel for vacation, unless I can get DL in there somehow.

Morning from a cloudy Silicon Valley.

One kid has already left to go back to college; the other goes back Friday. And then we're down to one until Thanksgiving.

He gets back to me, "Hey, that's a great idea, but most of the team is in Iowa. Why don't you go out there instead?"

So I'm flying into Omaha next month...
Yipee! Mile after mile after mile of corn fields instead of pretty mountains.
DOH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter