DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Nothing much here, was able to get an Ola's ADR for breakfast the Monday I head back from DDCC - figured I'd try the bloody mary kind of drink they have and take in GEs sights a bit on my own before heading out as I think most of the boys head out Sunday. If any of ya are still there on Monday 1/13 and want to join for breakfast, let me know and I'll try to add ya to ADR.
Morning guys. Lovely scene to wake up to this morning.

View attachment 427526

Spent yesterday in a town called Bonavista. Had some great food, pea soup and cod au gratin. Ate too much but that’s a rule on vacation.

View attachment 427528
View attachment 427529

Spent the evening in the town of Trinity, just having a nice walk around and of course an ice cream.

View attachment 427530
Great pics, looks great! Enjoy!

On the work front, I appear to have outclevered myself. A team that my team works with is being shifted elsewhere, so I pinged the guy in charge of the new team to talk about going out and doing some deep-dive talks. Because, hey, he's near Denver and I haven't been there in a while and it's a pretty nice place.

He gets back to me, "Hey, that's a great idea, but most of the team is in Iowa. Why don't you go out there instead?"

So I'm flying into Omaha next month...

Better to fly into Omaha than to drive there. Don't ask me how I know.

Just curious. Never had the desire like Mark to travel over the country. I like theme parks and oceans. Hawaii even seems a bit far to travel for vacation, unless I can get DL in there somehow.

Aulani is pretty awesome, though...

I used to love falling asleep to rain and thunderstorms...

Now we have dogs.

Falling asleep to dogs isn't as soothing?

Looks like a nice spot. I've never seen "pea soup" and "great food" in the same sentence before, though.

Morning gents.
I used to love falling asleep to rain and thunderstorms...

Now we have dogs.

Did it rain cats, too? Or, just dogs? :lmao:

Morning Guys, just heard on the radio that today is bacon lovers day; isn't that everyday?

::yes::

View attachment 427526

Spent yesterday in a town called Bonavista. Had some great food, pea soup and cod au gratin. Ate too much but that’s a rule on vacation.

View attachment 427528
View attachment 427529

Spent the evening in the town of Trinity, just having a nice walk around and of course an ice cream.

View attachment 427530

Eating too much isn't a rule everyday?

Aulani is pretty awesome, though...

I've heard that. Flights are a lot cheaper to Virgin Islands or other all inclusive resorts. Can't use my dvc points though.

The rain and thunderstorms brought you dogs?
It was raining... wait...
Dang it! I got beat to the punchline!
Had some great food, pea soup and cod au gratin.
mmmmm…. want.
Ate too much but that’s a rule on vacation.
::yes::
EA7F3047-AF3F-48F8-8834-102DC6E7A924.jpeg
Gorgeous!
I know it too. I concur.
Falling asleep to dogs isn't as soothing?
Not quite.
Did it rain cats, too? Or, just dogs? :lmao:
Dang it! I was gonna say that!!

:laughing:

Yeah, driving isn't even under consideration. I've done cross-country drives before, and have no desire to do another one right now.

Right boyz. I’m blowin this popsicle stand. Cases are packed, and there’s more tech in the kids bags than a Radio Shack on Black Friday. All things going well, we will be in a Treehouse villa in Saratoga in about 28 hrs.
Have a great couple of weeks chaps.

Enjoy! Make sure everybody has their chargers - younger son forgot his laptop charger last trip, which caused Fun(tm). (Fun(tm) may not contain any actual fun.)

Right boyz. I’m blowin this popsicle stand. Cases are packed, and there’s more tech in the kids bags than a Radio Shack on Black Friday. All things going well, we will be in a Treehouse villa in Saratoga in about 28 hrs.
Have a great time!!

Safe travels and enjoy the trip!

I did the Dads proud. I’m not the most mechanically inclined Dad, but installed the new garbage disposal tonight with no leaks. Then just to top it off, I got an ink stain out of my son’s white shirt he wore to school today after my wife said it was probably ruined.

My wife gave me serious side eye, like “what have you done with my husband.”

I've never seen "pea soup" and "great food" in the same sentence before, though.
was thinking the same thing when I read that.
No love for pea soup? I suspect you’ve never had yellow pea soup made with salt beef.

It puts a strain on the wallet, but luckily we could do a lot of fund raising to offset a lot of the costs.
Yeah I think they’re planning on doing some fund raising. That brings a whole set of headaches but I’d rather that than pay for everything out of pocket.

Have fun storming the Dole Whips and Mickey Bars!!!

Happy Senior's Day to any of you that fit this category. Remember to follow some simple rules and your day will be a good one:
  1. Your signal light does not need to be on for the duration of your drive. and
  2. If you decide to celebrate Hump Day as well, take all the necessary precautions.

Have a good one all.

Morning, folks.

I did the Dads proud. I’m not the most mechanically inclined Dad, but installed the new garbage disposal tonight with no leaks. Then just to top it off, I got an ink stain out of my son’s white shirt he wore to school today after my wife said it was probably ruined.

My wife gave me serious side eye, like “what have you done with my husband.”
Bravo to you, sir.
No love for pea soup? I suspect you’ve never had yellow pea soup made with salt beef.
Good pea soup is soooo good.
Your signal light does not need to be on for the duration of your drive. and

But then how will people know that you're going left around the world?

Top O the Mornin Dads! Had more than enough of this 3 digit heat index wave, time for Fall / Football weather.
Enjoy your trip my friend!
Happy Senior's Day to any of you that fit this category. Remember to follow some simple rules and your day will be a good one:
  1. Your signal light does not need to be on for the duration of your drive. and
  2. If you decide to celebrate Hump Day as well, take all the necessary precautions.

Have a good one all.
I have an AARP card so I guess me and the Mrs are in this group of "Seniors" - Anyone else other than maybe Randall?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter