DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I can't make it out... what is that?

Great shots. :)
And along with all the Park Magic, beverage sampling and general shenanigans of DDCC8, we raised $10,000 over the past year for Give Kids the World!

Whoa! Nice!!

Happy Monday,the weekend sucked and it didn’t suck. Seems I have contracted a bad staff infection in my hand which wound up with a trip to urgent care. On the didn’t suck side,my Xmas present from the wife showed up on ups. She got me a rectec pellet grill. looks like my Yoder will have to wait...
Sorry to hear about the hand.

Did anyone else read rectec as rectal at first glance?
Nope. I know the owner of rectec grills...very familiar with them

Happy Tuesday. More load management today, well for a 1/2 day. The new boss, the one I lost out to shortly after the interview, wants to meet at the end of the month. At least she is pretty to look at.

Ugh! Don't envy you at all.

Ah! So they should be finalizing the list of candidates in time for Valentines day 2028.

Government efficiency. They hire the managers immediately, because there are lots of meetings. The ones who do the actual work - no rush.

Dan have you ever experienced this while visiting the mother ship?

View attachment 464981

Lego security.

Top O the Mornin Dads! OK, this Is NOT the way. Back to reality this morning after a great trip with the brothers Dad. Randall is driving back home today and Rob is there for another 10 days hanging on and off with Doc I think. Will try to get some pics posted here as on the mobile device just a PITA

Randall and Rob

Thanks for the pictures. Welcome back to reality. I think it's easier than before to post photos here. Still, an extra step from FB.

I can't make it out... what is that?

Great shots. :)

Whoa! Nice!!

An Old Fashioned at the Bellevue Lounge, in honor of CJ.

Except in China... it's just... food.
Interesting.....

Is the nationality of the food based on your nationality or your geography? I think this is an important question we need to resolve. So as a Canadian, do you eat Chinese food in EPCOT and also China? Or do you eat Chinese food in EPCOT and food in China?

What up, Gents?! Another day in paradise, right? Still no word on the job, however, I did email them with a follow up email this morning "...to inquire if you need any further information to help in the decision-making process." sounds fancy, no? I can really shmaltzh it up when I need to. I was basically saying, "HEY! I'm still here! Remember me?!" :teeth: I did get an email back saying that my email had been forwarded to the clerk of court, who makes the decision. So I'm hoping to hear something soon. So keep your fingers crossed!

Today, my oldest turns 18. I'm both happy and sad. I've tried to do my best as a dad, but I certainly don't feel that way today. She has decided she is moving out this weekend.

She is 18, and thus her right. She feels our rules are oppressive - clean her room, do her laundry, and help with the house (wash dishes, take out trash, etc). She's had a curfew because we have a city ordinance for minors, which she loses at 18. I've tried to explain that she will have these exact same responsibilities at her own place, plus the expenses of rent. So, it almost feels like I'm divorcing her today - titling the car in her name, her own insurance, and removing my name off parent/ child account. Later, I'll release the cell phone # to her and she can have her own account.

I don't know how she is going to afford this. She leaves with a paid for car, $2K my wife and I gave her in a savings account, and another $2500 she just received as an inheritance from her godmother. We won't release her 529 plan though. She is moving in with a female coworker and the coworker's boyfriend. She says they plan to split bills 3 ways. However, she's not signing a lease. I tend to plan for the worst and hope for the best. I'm sure they are doing this so the landlord won't raise the rent. But, she doesn't have any protections of tenancy and she doesn't know them very well. I'm concerned these people are using her for her money.

I've shared my concerns with her, but there's no convincing her. I really didn't want her to have to work as hard as I did. Sorry for the long post. Please include her in your prayers if possible.

What up, Gents?! Another day in paradise, right? Still no word on the job, however, I did email them with a follow up email this morning "...to inquire if you need any further information to help in the decision-making process." sounds fancy, no? I can really shmaltzh it up when I need to. I was basically saying, "HEY! I'm still here! Remember me?!" :teeth: I did get an email back saying that my email had been forwarded to the clerk of court, who makes the decision. So I'm hoping to hear something soon. So keep your fingers crossed!
Praying

Today, my oldest turns 18. I'm both happy and sad. I've tried to do my best as a dad, but I certainly don't feel that way today. She has decided she is moving out this weekend.

She is 18, and thus her right. She feels our rules are oppressive - clean her room, do her laundry, and help with the house (wash dishes, take out trash, etc). She's had a curfew because we have a city ordinance for minors, which she loses at 18. I've tried to explain that she will have these exact same responsibilities at her own place, plus the expenses of rent. So, it almost feels like I'm divorcing her today - titling the car in her name, her own insurance, and removing my name off parent/ child account. Later, I'll release the cell phone # to her and she can have her own account.

I don't know how she is going to afford this. She leaves with a paid for car, $2K my wife and I gave her in a savings account, and another $2500 she just received as an inheritance from her godmother. We won't release her 529 plan though. She is moving in with a female coworker and the coworker's boyfriend. She says they plan to split bills 3 ways. However, she's not signing a lease. I tend to plan for the worst and hope for the best. I'm sure they are doing this so the landlord won't raise the rent. But, she doesn't have any protections of tenancy and she doesn't know them very well. I'm concerned these people are using her for her money.

I've shared my concerns with her, but there's no convincing her. I really didn't want her to have to work as hard as I did. Sorry for the long post. Please include her in your prayers if possible.
Norm, my prayers (and empathy) are with you...
I'm all too familiar with this...my youngest did this as soon as she graduated high school and she's still struggling what she wants to be when she grows up

As a parent, the hardest thing is caring more about their welfare than they care themselves

Hey guys, I've been out of it for a little while. I hope all was generally OK over the last couple weeks. I'm sure those who were at DDCC8 had a good time. I saw some of the updates on FB. I keep saying one of these days I will go to DDCC.

If you remember, I started my new job in December and I worked 23 days straight of 12 hours shifts, 9 days of training/overlap and 14 night shifts. All that during the holidays. Needless to day I was pretty exhausted but finally got a week off last week. I had a pretty big to-do list, most of which was de-Christmas-ing the house (tree, lights) and just trying to tidy the place up.

I finally had the chance to see Rise of Skywalker Monday afternoon. It was almost a private IMAX show, but another couple walked in right before it started. I thought the movie was good. A couple plot points I thought were odd, but overall I enjoyed it.

I'm back to work today. On day shift for 2 weeks. Fun. But, it pays the bill for now, so what can you do.

Image result for this is not going to end well gif

Sorry to hear this Norm. I can only imagine how rough it must be for you. My oldest will be 20 in a couple months. I'm grateful she has not talked about leaving the house until she has finished university and has a reliable way to support herself. But many her ago don't. A friend of hers moved out right after high school, living with her boyfriend, both working full time retail jobs they *think* will support them, and now she's pregnant at 19. I just can't understand why these kids would give themselves such a hard road in life. But I guess every situation is different.

I hope it somehow works out for you and your DD in the end.

Drove back back home from DDCC 8 yesterday, took a little less thank 15 hours to do it. Have a Great time hanging with the Dads. Met some new brothers, made some more Best Friends and worked at the Give Kids The World Village. I've only done 8 DDCC's and am hoping to do more, they are a lot fun.

I have read all the posts I missed while gone and am all caught up. So, I want to say...

Image result for that's what she said gif

She is 18, and thus her right. She feels our rules are oppressive - clean her room, do her laundry, and help with the house (wash dishes, take out trash, etc).
My 9 year old does 2 out of 3 of those, I don't think they are too harsh.

Sorry mate. All you can do is what you think is best for them. Like you say, she's gonna get to do all of that stuff and pay for the privilege of doing it. There's only one way I guess she's gonna find out that no one does you favours like your parents do.

All the best to you mate, and best of luck to her as she makes her own path. Manly hugs sent.

Drove back back home from DDCC 8 yesterday, took a little less thank 15 hours to do it. Have a Great time hanging with the Dads. Met some new brothers, made some more Best Friends and worked at the Give Kids The World Village. I've only done 8 DDCC's and am hoping to do more, they are a lot fun.

I have read all the posts I missed while gone and am all caught up. So, I want to say...

Image result for that's what she said gif's what she said gif
Shouldn't that be in the other place?

Hopefully Jodie didn't see that!
:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter