DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

:mic: is this thing on??? Hello???

For you newer guys Scott is one of the originals and along with Randall the only two Dads to attend all 8 DDCCs

Is that who that is? Man he must be old!

Just got an email from the court: They chose someone else. Figures. I knew I had too much experience for them. I may have to go back to work in Boston, something I'm not wanting to do (that would be a 2 hour commute one way), but at this point I may have no choice. I'm going to go home and get drunk tonight.

I forget what year it was, but back in early 2000's there was a January that was in the negative digits for most of the month, man it was brutal, so i feel your pain. I remember when it finally hit 30 degrees people were out in shorts and short sleeves...including me.

Sorry about the job.

January tends to be pretty cold up here, usually when we get an extended deep freeze.

I was in Red Deer, Alberta last Feb for about 20 days for the Canada Games and I think we averaged about -35 the entire time we were there. It was OK though, it was a dry cold.

Well... crap. Hopefully things will turn around for you.

Thanks, man, appreciate it.

Sorry about the job.

January tends to be pretty cold up here, usually when we get an extended deep freeze.

I was in Red Deer, Alberta last Feb for about 20 days for the Canada Games and I think we averaged about -35 the entire time we were there. It was OK though, it was a dry cold.

Thanks, man, appreciate it.

-35?! That's cold. And dry cold does make a difference. :rotfl2:

Hey Guys, anyone been to HS recently and ridden Rise of the Resistance? How do the boarding groups work?
Yes and in my opinion, it's a royal pain in the alien swirling saucers.

You need to be there by 6:30 at the latest. Get in the park by 7am, because at 7, you must be on your phone attempting to get a boarding group

Once you have a boarding group, then you must wait until they call it and then wait again in the queue to actually ride. All the while hoping the ride doesn't go down (which I've heard it does quite often)

I think it's a great ride, but with all the hullabaloo, I'm not rushing back for it any time soon.

Morning boys from the mother country. 10k run this morning. Ow ow ow ow ow. Out for dinner tonight, not sure where.

Nice. Want to visit Prague some day. Hadn't heard of Kladno before.
I've come close (Munich, Nuremburg, Dresden), but not quite.
Prague is pretty.
Kladno is not. But we have a factory there, and it's where a fair few if the big special 3D Lego models are made (like Big Ben, The Beijing temple, etc etc), so I need them to do some shizzle for me. I'm also building a store in Prague airport, so I'm swinging by to visit. That will be fun for them.
Just got an email from the court: They chose someone else. Figures. I knew I had too much experience for them. I may have to go back to work in Boston, something I'm not wanting to do (that would be a 2 hour commute one way), but at this point I may have no choice. I'm going to go home and get drunk tonight.
Ah, sorry man. That sucks. Onwards and Upwards.
She's gorgeous
This phrase always makes me think of the intro to "Hart to Hart", that shockingly bad detective series in the 80s.
If you play tennis at my level, you'll never worry about re-injuring that Achilles. I don't run for nothing. If I bother to take two steps, I'm going for the winner. It's a terribly poor strategy, but that's all I got.
Its not the running, its the push off that kills ya.
:mic: is this thing on??? Hello???
Hey Scott. You sorted out a new bacon supplier yet?
At least she was cute.
Yes. Yes she is.

Have a great day chaps.

Dang. Sorry, man. Hope the other opportunity comes through for you.

Yeah - like Randall, I've been around the block a few times. :rotfl2:

Hey Scott! :wave2:

And this is where Disney continues to disappoint me. I want to be in the parks without depending on my phone. Sure, I take pictures, but that's it. The paper FP at least were a reward from putting in the effort to walk around the theme park. Now, you have to experience Disney thru the cell phone. Ugh! Get off my lawn. :furious:

I'm with you on the Grumpy Old Man rant. Liked the paper system a lot better.

Sorry (although some of you may have been glad) I haven't been around much...
Rob was visiting and DDCC8. Prior to and after DDCC8, I was working 12 hour shifts, so didn't leave much dis time.

Sorry about your weatherJeff. I guess I can't complain as much about our weather even though for here, it's more like coldmageddon. ;)

Sorry @CapeCodTenor about not getting the job...was hoping that would work out.

image000000_02.jpg
Too cool for school... old guys who drool...
Rob with double galactic hero
image000000_03.jpg

Me with double galactic hero.
image000000_04.jpg
Now you guys are just showing off!
Don't judge us...one of the few FPs left. At least she was cute.
I mentioned drooling, earlier...
And then Rob's last day (yesterday) at funspot...
Decent carts? Or just the (relatively) slow ones?
10k run this morning. Ow ow ow ow ow.
You can ease the pain by not running and eating more bacon.
Prague is pretty.
Kladno is not. But we have a factory there, and it's where a fair few if the big special 3D Lego models are made (like Big Ben, The Beijing temple, etc etc), so I need them to do some shizzle for me. I'm also building a store in Prague airport, so I'm swinging by to visit. That will be fun for them.
Okay, reason enough. I'll skip Kladno and focus on Prague.

Decent. Faster than many, but with the multiple levels, when you're going up hill, noticeably slower than down hill stretches

Next time you're in town, lemme know...we can plan on a day there if your like.
Sounds good.
We've got a place here that's indoors and the karts get up to 30mph on a small track. You need a driver's licence to race and you need skill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!