DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

And DW got the big job, so being a stay at home dad for about a year starts in 5 weeks.....
I missed that one earlier. Must have been one of those nights I took you to bed and fell asleep on you...

Anyway congrats to DW. And enjoy your transition. Time to catch up on "Corrie" is it?

Met Mark and his crew at the Biscayne Bay National Park. Spent and enjoyable couple of hours. Someone was cooking chicken and I was disappointed Scotty wouldn't be my accomplice to steal some.
Nice seeing the picture of you guys in the "other place ". Scotty seems like that would have been right up his alley!

will. She starts tomorrow and is a bit nervous. Luckily she knows a couple of people working there so that is something
First days are always nerve wracking. Hope she had a good day.

Saw the pictures. Happy birthday to dd. How far away from the beach are you?
That beach is about an hour and 20 minutes. The coast is only 20 minutes from my house but it's mostly rocky. There's not much sand around here.

The locals are anticipating a Woodstock type event, with people parking 30 miles away for the viewing. Campus is 60 miles away from the optimal viewing, but is the largest city with most hotels nearest that smaller city. We shall see.
I'm not sure I'd make a big trip for it but an eclipse is pretty amazing. We didn't see anything this far North.

oungest dd won her singles division. And, we made it to the finals in mixed doubles division, but lost in 3rd set tiebreaker. Not too bad for being this old and out of shape. I skipped the gym this morning. Now, i need to find a bar. :drinking1
Congrats to you all. No matter the result, at least you're getting off the couch.

That's later than what you thought it would be.
Welcome home, though.

Thanks.

We landed in Moncton last about 1 am this morning and by the time we cleared both flights and got the anyone needing a lift on the busses we were able to head for the hotel. Checked in at one of the airport hotels around 2:45, clerk said breakfast started at 3. Way too tired for that, slept for about 6 hours, got a cab to my parents place picked up my car and headed home.

Great views though. Most of it is one lane each way and if there is an accident, best to pull off the road and get something to eat. Most of the time, I stay in Key Largo when is less than an hour from my house. From here, I make three turns and I am at the Holiday Inn. Rarely make it to the Lower Keys.

Thanks. First day was today. She is on her way back and is beat.

I did a lot of time in Largo also...mostly crabbing. When I was stationed at Homestead, it was a hop, skip and a jump. I'm guessing if you're about an hour away, you live near Cutler ridge. I went to the lower keys a couple dozen times. Usually stopped at Marathon (it was my favorite). Only made it to key west twice.
People who don't dive don't realize how much it takes out of you. Doing it all day, I can imagine she crashed and burned as soon as she got home. Hopefully she loved it though.

I missed that one earlier. Must have been one of those nights I took you to bed and fell asleep on you...
Anyway congrats to DW. And enjoy your transition. Time to catch up on "Corrie" is it?
Cheers bud. I don't take it personally that you fall asleep on me. Jeff? Jeff?

Morning all...

Random chance is a quirky thing.
Had a nice couples trip planned out for this coming weekend, but then I got a call from the young'en.
Seems his car stranded him on the side of the road belching steam. Spent yesterday getting it hauled back down here to a mechanic I can trust. There's a bill that I wasn't anticipating and will pretty much wipe out the funds I had set aside.
Not to mention I've got to figure out how to get it back up there and that's going to take time.
Such is life...

We'll still take Monday off to see the Eclipse, but we'll probably just drive down to Columbia that morning and then come straight back home afterward. Could be worse, and I need to remember to be grateful for that fact.

We'll still take Monday off to see the Eclipse, but we'll probably just drive down to Columbia that morning and then come straight back home afterward. Could be worse, and I need to remember to be grateful for that fact.

I've heard a lot of reports saying traffic is going to be a nightmare...just be prepared, the coming straight back home after might be a lot longer than you want/hope. :sad2:

So, anyone remember how it feels when the prettiest girl at the gym walks over to talk to you? YUP! That happened to me today. What an ego surge.

Then, she asks me if i know when HS swim season starts. Ego deflated. :sad2:

It's better now. :lmao:

Big congrats to her.

I went with a couple of friends on a live-aboard in the Dry Tortugas. The fort looked kind of cool but because of engine problems, we were unable to dock there. They run boats from the Lower Keys out there.

Thanks, I'll pass it on. She hasn't figured out the mental aspect of tennis, and I've tried to prepare her but she says I'm wrong. Oh well.

The Tortugas do look fun. Maybe one year. Thanks for the info.

Will have to take a look back through here in a bit but I did see some congrats are in order to Norm and his DD.

Thanks.

That beach is about an hour and 20 minutes. The coast is only 20 minutes from my house but it's mostly rocky. There's not much sand around here.

Congrats to you all. No matter the result, at least you're getting off the couch.

No more pillow talk. :lmao:

Even though it's rocky, a beach is nice. I'm hoping to afford 20 minutes away from the beach. DW has asthma and uses an inhaler at least twice a day. She doesn't have to use it when we are near the ocean. I say, let's move. She said there is about an hour distance when driving away from the beach where she can feel the difference.

I did a lot of time in Largo also...mostly crabbing. When I was stationed at Homestead, it was a hop, skip and a jump. I'm guessing if you're about an hour away, you live near Cutler ridge. I went to the lower keys a couple dozen times. Usually stopped at Marathon (it was my favorite). Only made it to key west twice.
People who don't dive don't realize how much it takes out of you. Doing it all day, I can imagine she crashed and burned as soon as she got home. Hopefully she loved it though.

i want to get scuba certified. CJ even told me about Padi and we have one locally. My swimmer expressed the interest, so i told her to call and get details. She still hasn't because she doesn't want to have to talk to them. I'm holding my ground and trying to teach her some responsibility. Who knows if it will work.

Morning all...

Had a nice couples trip planned out for this coming weekend, but then I got a call from the young'en.
Seems his car stranded him on the side of the road belching steam. Spent yesterday getting it hauled back down here to a mechanic I can trust. There's a bill that I wasn't anticipating and will pretty much wipe out the funds I had set aside.
Not to mention I've got to figure out how to get it back up there and that's going to take time.
Such is life...

Way to help the offspring and be responsible with money. We wouldn't have cancelled the trip. I could always pick up a third job or donate plasma. :sad2:

I've heard a lot of reports saying traffic is going to be a nightmare...just be prepared, the coming straight back home after might be a lot longer than you want/hope. :sad2:

Not according to my management. There will be no traffic issues at all. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Not according to my management. There will be no traffic issues at all. Move along. Nothing to see here.

So, what you're saying is your management is clueless? I think we need to contact the CDC...seems to be an epidemic.

Back to daily grind today after a real nice weekend with DD home and DW birthday going ons. We take DS and his stuff to school this Friday so at least it's a 3 day work week for me.
I'll be calling it soon hopefully.
Similar thing for my mom. Flying her up to my house for her birthday and my sister will be driving down from MI. Mom doesn't know.
Nice surprise, hope you all had a good time.
What a crap day. My car needs to go into the shop so I was going to rent a car from Enterprise. Am a member of their frequent renters thing and used them many a time. Go to pick up the car and since I had a debit card (don't have any credit cards because I enjoy being debt free), they wanted all sorts of stuff almost including a DNA sample. Told them to stuff it. So pretty much today was a wasted day. Picking up a car tomorrow at Thrifty for less money and a better rewards program. Plus I am stuck inside because it is pouring outside. At least an inch and a half of rain.

That is a cool birthday present. Is the couple doing well on the west coast?
Sorry about the hassles - got your car back yet? Thanks and the young couple seem to be doing good. Looks like his new orders have him reporting to DC by Nov 3 so they will be moving closer to Randall who I'm sure will keep an eye on them for me :laughing:
Saw that on FB - Eagle has landed. A terrific birthday surprise.

That stinks. Wasted days are the worst as you just get to redo them. I'm about 2 hours north east of optimal eclipse viewing. I'd rather be in my bourbon bar.
Thanks, I think have built up a couple of get out of jail cards with the surprise and DW has just had an extra step in her giddy up with DD home. I agree about the bourbon bar.
Saw the DD on Facebook mate, I bet that went down well, nice one. Manhattans it is buddy. Enjoy your long weekend..

Norm, I'd watch paint dry in a Bourbon bar.

In other news, we have had a couple of our American cousins move next door. So there goes the neighbourhood.

And DW got the big job, so being a stay at home dad for about a year starts in 5 weeks.....

Have a fabulous weekend chaps
Thanks - agree on the bourbon bar - seriously? - congrats to DW and are you good luck with the Mr Mom thing - hope your weekend went well.
Sent ours back up there this past Tuesday.
Back to walking ‘round the house in our britches and having whatever we please for dinner.

But then you start missing ‘em.

Excellent work gents.
Ya’ gott’a love it when a plan comes together.
Thanks as the plan worked perfect. Agree that you want them out and then you wish they weren't out. DD heads back to San Diego tomorrow and DS gets back to school this weekend and already miss the two lug nuts.
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
Busy end to my week. DD had her 10th birthday Thursday. Now that she's in double digits I've realized the teenage years are just around the corner :scared:

Got out yesterday to the beach with the family. Summers don't last too long up here so it's nice to be able to enjoy an afternoon relaxing in the sun.
Happy late birthday to DD and saw some pics on the other place, looked like a good weekend.
I would call myself Cinderelly but with your username that might give people the wrong idea....
:rotfl:
Morning all. Really sore from all the tennis this weekend. Youngest dd won her singles division. And, we made it to the finals in mixed doubles division, but lost in 3rd set tiebreaker. Not too bad for being this old and out of shape. I skipped the gym this morning. Now, i need to find a bar. :drinking1

On the work front, came in with the intent of re-scheduling a meeting in lieu of the eclipse. The campus is delaying class time start to 4:00 PM. I'm scheduled at 12, and recommended postponing to the following day. Well, management has deemed that a terrible idea and i am to proceed as scheduled. I guess when I get stuck in traffic and can't make it, they will have to postpone. :furious:

The locals are anticipating a Woodstock type event, with people parking 30 miles away for the viewing. Campus is 60 miles away from the optimal viewing, but is the largest city with most hotels nearest that smaller city. We shall see.

Yes, youngest and i played mixed doubles together, although she got mad at me for trying to coach her during the match and stopped talking to me.
Congrats to you and DD on the tennis. Did you remind her that your coaching just might have a little something to do with her winning her division? We have some of the same stuff down her for the eclipse - looks like you can't get a rental car in town for next weekend:eek:
Evening Guys.
Made it home a little past Noon today, got unpacked, laundry done and napped. Good to be home.

Will have to take a look back through here in a bit but I did see some congrats are in order to Norm and his DD.
Welcome back to the routine - looked like you had a blast.
Morning all...

Such is life...

Sorry about the boys car and messing with your plans. I was shaking my head this weekend saying these kids will be 35 or 40 and I will still be taking care of them in some way - doesn't seem to end does it :rotfl2:
So, anyone remember how it feels when the prettiest girl at the gym walks over to talk to you? YUP! That happened to me today. What an ego surge.

Then, she asks me if i know when HS swim season starts. Ego deflated. :sad2:

It's better now. :lmao:
:rotfl2:

Back to daily grind today after a real nice weekend with DD home and DW birthday going ons. We take DS and his stuff to school this Friday so at least it's a 3 day work week for me.
Great job with surprise!
3 day work weeks are good!

Nice surprise, hope you all had a good time.
Mine is still to be pulled off. Sorry if I gave the impression it was sooner....me calling it and my mom coming up were not related. Little less that two weeks out for me. My sister couldn't get that particular week off, so we'll only be seeing her on the weekend, so keeping the secret from my mom (not slipping and saying something) all week will be a challenge. The original plan was sis would come in the day after I fly my mom up.

Watched Bad Santa 2 today. I didn't think anything could be worse than the first Bad Santa. I was wrong. I laughed and was disgusted at the same time.

So, what you're saying is your management is clueless? I think we need to contact the CDC...seems to be an epidemic.

I think that's a requirement of management.

:laughing:

Thanks, I think have built up a couple of get out of jail cards with the surprise and DW has just had an extra step in her giddy up with DD home. I agree about the bourbon bar.

Congrats to you and DD on the tennis. Did you remind her that your coaching just might have a little something to do with her winning her division? We have some of the same stuff down her for the eclipse - looks like you can't get a rental car in town for next weekend:eek:

A few jail free cards are good to keep. I tried to remind her. But, she's going thru being a teenager and a girl.

:rotfl2:The jokes write themselves.

::yes:: :lmao:

Morning. Last day of 6 shifts in 5 days. Then a day off... maybe... then a shift. Then a day off, then back to the regular grind.

So... Wednesday? What the heck is a Wednesday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts