DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Evidently, it was me that should've shut my mouth. I was trying to make light of Captain Oblivious' comment about it being a dead horse and such. I stated it should not matter how you get the pizza into your mouth and more than 1 way to skin a cat. I'm not sure how something so trivial could result in an actual argument.

I'm sorry CJ (or others) if this was viewed as trying to stir up the argument...definitely NOT the case.

My fault, not yours
Didn't make make it clear that I was just being snide

The last thing I wanted was for this group to behave like the FB group.
But I miscalculated how it would be read.
It's hard to see a rolled eye or a tongue in a cheek when you're on a message board and not talking face to face.

My fault entirely.

Nothing to see here.
Y'all can go about your business.

No
I don't think its funny.
I think the whole thing is right asinine.
What I also thought was that we would just roll our eyes and wouldn't get into it like that over here.
I was wrong about that and apologize for bringing it up.

I'll be keeping my mouth shut around here for a while now.

Evidently, it was me that should've shut my mouth. I was trying to make light of Captain Oblivious' comment about it being a dead horse and such. I stated it should not matter how you get the pizza into your mouth and more than 1 way to skin a cat. I'm not sure how something so trivial could result in an actual argument.

I'm sorry CJ (or others) if this was viewed as trying to stir up the argument...definitely NOT the case.

Nothing stirred, just a few comments on what is going on in FB. Doubt that we will be going on about it for pages. No apologies necessary and no mute button needs to be pushed.

I'm a bit lost here.
You mean the forks and pizza thing caused a problem?
I assume this was on Facebook?

Don't see it as a problem here.

Everyone seems to be apologizing, which seems is a pretty decent response. :)

It's a FB thing, not something here.

It's a FB thing, not something here.

Ah. Thought as much. I like to think folks around here are a bit more... easy going and friendly.
At least, that's the impression I've been getting that the FB group is not.

Before a Northwestern game when I visited Chicago last year, we brought home a pie from there. Man was that good, sorry yours wasn't. They will ship frozen pies to you but unfortunately, I don't have the space in the freezer.

Enough guys have raved about Lou Malnati's that I'd probably give it another shot. I just had that one bad experience, so you know how that goes.

Yet someone will pop up with something to stir it up again. The first couple of times it was humorous but enough already. A couple of people still think it is funny. Huh?

Actually...

No
I don't think its funny.
I think the whole thing is right asinine.
What I also thought was that we would just roll our eyes and wouldn't get into it like that over here.
I was wrong about that and apologize for bringing it up.

I'll be keeping my mouth shut around here for a while now.

I'm a bit lost here.
You mean the forks and pizza thing caused a problem?
I assume this was on Facebook?

Don't see it as a problem here.

Yeah, this was all a FB thing. That group has gotten very weird lately. I don't think it's so much the pizza thing as certain individuals constantly trolling others. Anyway, I was trying to make light of the subject after Rob brought it up, and Doc seemed to catch that spirit as well. Certainly didn't mean to cause bad blood or (God forbid) start an argument like over at FB. This part of the DDC works much better.

The last thing I wanted was for this group to behave like the FB group.
But I miscalculated how it would be read.
It's hard to see a rolled eye or a tongue in a cheek when you're on a message board and not talking face to face.

My fault entirely.

That's exactly how I read it. Clearly, my response didn't come across as lightly as it was meant! Sorry about that, Rob.

And the hammer fell. The Governor introduced the retirement plan. And, since it is a Republican plan made behind closed doors and they control both sides of State Congress, it is sure to pass. As it pertains to me, a 3% cut in pay next year for health insurance. More significantly, current retirement plans will be converted to contribution plans, and retirement age will be 60.

This is absolutely devastating. I had 5 more years and then i could retire. Now, it would be 15 years. It was one thing to last at a low paying, low stress job for 5 more years. But, as i haven't had a raise in years, i can't afford to work another 15 with poor salary and poor investments.

I'm trying to talk DW into moving to Florida and starting over there. I could rollover what i have into IRA and manage it myself for the next 15 years and get better returns.

One of the dads was my "nemesis", and I've never let him hear the end of it. Maybe that's why he doesn't come around anymore.

I doubt that is the reason. It's probably just you. :scared1: :lmao:

That was my point.

I was expecting all y'all to ignore it.

I thought all the comments were in jest. I've read that wrong before, but that doesn't seem to be the case here in this thread.

How can anyone be upset at pizza? Kinda like the joke - How is pizza like nookie? Even when it's bad, it's still good.

There is a rumour floating around that you are starring in the remake?
No from the look of that picture it looks like Bruce Janner would be a fine replacement.
Ahhhh... Barbara Eden. Be still my beating heart.
Yeah, to be fair she looks a lot better in that one.
Since Dan is there, probably the latter.
:smooth: I only started a couple of issues. That go fundamentally to the whole way they do things. You know. Minor points.
:laughing: So I can't even ask you what you thought of the pizza!
From what I remember, when I was eating it, it was pretty good, but it was heavy on the Onion and Pepper, hence the whiff in the morning. No wonder I didn't pull that night.
This is absolutely devastating
Sorry man, that really sucks. Hope it turns out for you, whatever you decide.
I'm trying to talk DW into moving to Florida and starting over there.
Can I park my camper van on your front lawn? Good luck on the decision bud.

That's exactly how I read it. Clearly, my response didn't come across as lightly as it was meant!
Again...
My fault only.
Sorry 'bout that Chief.

How is pizza like nookie? Even when it's bad, it's still good.
See...
Now there's the truth of it.

Norm the Philosopher.
I'll have a glass of Bourbon in your honor.

And the hammer fell. The Governor introduced the retirement plan. And, since it is a Republican plan made behind closed doors and they control both sides of State Congress, it is sure to pass. As it pertains to me, a 3% cut in pay next year for health insurance. More significantly, current retirement plans will be converted to contribution plans, and retirement age will be 60.

This is absolutely devastating. I had 5 more years and then i could retire. Now, it would be 15 years. It was one thing to last at a low paying, low stress job for 5 more years. But, as i haven't had a raise in years, i can't afford to work another 15 with poor salary and poor investments.

I'm trying to talk DW into moving to Florida and starting over there. I could rollover what i have into IRA and manage it myself for the next 15 years and get better returns.

Just, wow....
Couldn't even begin to offer council on that one.
I'd be the first to say that's just not even close to right, but my opinions carry zero weight in SC, so they're meaningless in KY.

May y'all find the best way to work through this.

LETS GO CUBS! Regardless of result tonight I tip my hat to the boys. 3 NLCS in a row with a WS championship for a loaded young team like this - no complaints. They look done as the Dodgers are just pitching lights out and they picked a heck of a time for a team batting slump. Pretty confident this team will be a fairly regular playoff participant for a few years yet.
The new job is still challenging but calming down a little. I guess I'm getting used to it. I do miss the longer stretch of downtime when I'm home - the weekends go by way too fast. But at least I'm with my family every night. I don't miss spending two days a month in airports. But kind of miss seeing other parts of the world. Overall can I say I'm happier?...I don't know honestly. Maybe in time I'll figure that out.
Hope the transition period allows you to settle in and be in a good place with it
Did you leave the patio early like everyone else at Wrigley? That was a shocker.
Yea I stayed outside through the 7th and called it a night

That sounds like it sucks. Sorry to hear that for you Norm. More and more this type of stuff goes on everywhere - I know that don't help ya though.
Again...
Norm the Philosopher.
I'll join ya if ya don't mind

That sucks Man, sorry to hear.

Tennis tonight. Followed by some Crown Royale (must finish bottle before opening new one). Feeling better.

Sorry man, that really sucks. Hope it turns out for you, whatever you decide.

Can I park my camper van on your front lawn? Good luck on the decision bud.

Yes. You can park next to me on CJ's lawn.

Norm the Philosopher.

Just, wow....
Couldn't even begin to offer council on that one.
I'd be the first to say that's just not even close to right, but my opinions carry zero weight in SC, so they're meaningless in KY.

May y'all find the best way to work through this.

Thanks. It still has to be voted in, so there is a chance.

That sounds like it sucks. Sorry to hear that for you Norm. More and more this type of stuff goes on everywhere - I know that don't help ya though.

Thanks. It's not about work. I always intended to work past age 50 - not just this job.

That sucks Man, sorry to hear.

Thanks.

This is absolutely devastating. I had 5 more years and then i could retire. Now, it would be 15 years.

Holy crap!
That's.... criminal!

It was one thing to last at a low paying, low stress job for 5 more years. But, as i haven't had a raise in years, i can't afford to work another 15 with poor salary and poor investments.

Oh, man. :hug:

Really sorry to hear about this Norm. Terrible to have such a drastic change at this point in your life.
Being in the private sector all my career, I've always had a contribution plan but at least I knew that and could plan with it. Not easy to know when enough is enough and pull that trigger though.

Tennis tonight. Followed by some Crown Royale (must finish bottle before opening new one). Feeling better.
I find that Crown makes things feel better. Just curious, you drink it straight or mix? I usually mix Crown and ginger.

Morning men. Just about time to head home.
Have a great day everyone!

Morning Guys,

Looks like the Cubs still have some kick in them and hoping the Astros can enjoy some home cooking. I would hate to see those awful Yankees get back to the World Series.

Last day of work for me this week, taking off tomorrow to get all the leaves cleaned up in the yard. I would normally do it on Saturday but DW and I are headed out of town to see the Bare Naked Ladies.

Have a good one all.

'Morning all...

New subject -
Netflix sent an e-mail explaining how thrilled I should be about their incomparably fabulous 15% rate increase.

Look folks...
If you're gonn'a raise prices, just do it and let me decide if it's worth it.
Don't insult my intelligence with propaganda and marketing ploys.

Thanks. It still has to be voted in, so there is a chance.
Well, then may those leaders chose not to take the easy path.

The problem with populism is that it doesn't work unless there's some smaller group to blame.
But once all the other groups have lost out, the only group left is everyone else.

DW and I are headed out of town to see the Bare Naked Ladies.
That should be a great concert experience.

Wait...
We are talking about music here, right?

Had to check in and see how you it would effect you. Sorry to hear that. I really doubt it is the end either. They Lexington Herald did an analysis a couple of weeks ago and sometime in 2016 they crossed the point where there are more retired state workers than current workers. That just isn't sustainable.

Wow, Norm! That's not right. Maybe this is the sign to head South after all? :smickey:

DW and I are headed out of town to see the Bare Naked Ladies.
That should be a great concert experience.

Wait....
We are talking about Chicks with their funbags out, right?

LETS GO CUBS! Regardless of result tonight I tip my hat to the boys
Maybe. Just Maybe.

Afternoon boys from the mother country. All is well. Have a good day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter