DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning compatriots from a Snowy and blowy London. Xmas shopping complete. Onto wrapping phase. Disney Paris next week until Xmas Eve, so we need Xmas locked and loaded by the time we go. Catching up on the NFL, thought the Steelers game was pretty good. Nice that both West Ham and the Bears put up a bit of fight over the weekend.

Worked this morning, 45 minute break, and now chauffeur duties.
A whole 45 minutes? They're spoiling you mate.

Morning gents
Came home last night to shovel before bed.
The cursing was kept to a minimum.

Morning Guys.

A cool morning up here but no more snow. We had about 4 or 5 inches Saturday night, just enough to break out the snowblower.

Busy morning at the office with two new employees starting.

Have a good one.

Not a bad idea!
I’ll try that in a second.
If you’ll excuse me, I have to reshovel what I did last night. Stupid wind.
Fortunately, we're supposed to get up to 57 today so we can get rid of this gift we never wanted. Sorry you're having to re-shovel. :sad2:

Happy Monday guys. Starting I think this is my second full week of Christmas exile, kind of like it. Don't think I can afford it to be permanent but we shall see. And forgot to mention the Govm't check was in the mailbox on Saturday. It is going to be a good Christmas and New Year.

Cheers chief, all good. Brownie points currently in the plus column. Which is a nice place to be when the big guy is visiting at the end of the month.

Well done sir. Good to be on the nice list just before Christmas.

As long as he was not cage reared, you good to go.

Publix had a sale on ground shepherd? Would that be human shepherds? German shepherds? It is Florida and you all are crazy. :lmao:

I only buy free range ground shepherd and no, no dogs were harmed in the ground shepherd. We are crazy but not that crazy.

Unfortunately, I did not make the pie last night. Found out the milk that I bought in preparation for the giant cool down was fat free. No way I am making mashed potatoes with fat free milk and didn't feel like going to the store yesterday. Made a run to Publix early this morning so we are good to go.

Spackle, wall anchors, duplex outlets.....

Cool photo.

Great photo

Great shot!

Good idea on picture frames. I'll keep that mind. Good picture of crash.

Cool picture CJ! PP looks really happy.

I wish I could take credit for the picture but I was not invited to the party. For those who joined after she went to Indonesia, that was a solo trip for a research internship. The traveling alone caused me to lose at least 10 years on my life. Multiple stops including Tokyo and Hong Kong and American lost her luggage along the way. The place was a a very small island and the amenities were spartan. She caught a rat nibbling on her phone case. She loved every second of it and as part of it she did a poster presentation that was accepted at a coral reef symposium in Hawaii.

Sophomore. Youngest in 8th grade.

An underclassman anchoring the relay team is impressive.

Morning compatriots from a Snowy and blowy London. Xmas shopping complete. Onto wrapping phase. Disney Paris next week until Xmas Eve, so we need Xmas locked and loaded by the time we go. Catching up on the NFL, thought the Steelers game was pretty good. Nice that both West Ham and the Bears put up a bit of fight over the weekend.

Congrats on the present shopping ending. A pre-Christmas Disneyland Paris trip? Way cool. Did WDW for Christmas a couple of times including once when we brought a fake tree. Lots of holiday fun there.

Morning gents
Came home last night to shovel before bed.
The cursing was kept to a minimum.

If I were you I would be taking Elsa's mantra and just let it go.

Not a bad idea!
I’ll try that in a second.
If you’ll excuse me, I have to reshovel what I did last night. Stupid wind.
Ah man, that's just gotta be the definition of futility. Take it easy on your back there mate.
It is going to be a good Christmas and New Year.
Nice one. I might be coming to you for some advice after Xmas, we may be venturing a bit south of Orlando in August after the DVC trip. Looking around Naples and then flying home out of MIA.

Nice one. I might be coming to you for some advice after Xmas, we may be venturing a bit south of Orlando in August after the DVC trip. Looking around Naples and then flying home out of MIA.

My only advice would be to fly fro Fort Lauderdale. Haven't heard many good things about the Miami airport and Lauderdale isn't that far away. We've never had issues there.

My only advice would be to fly fro Fort Lauderdale. Haven't heard many good things about the Miami airport and Lauderdale isn't that far away. We've never had issues there.
Thanks buddy, nice tip. I'll look into who flies out of there, hadn't really considered it. Is the DW over the Man U loss and the penalty?

No problem. Can't guarantee it will be good advice though.

Trust me on this, MIA is the world's worst airport. But it does depend on what you want to do down here. If you want to just go to here to fly out, FLL is an easier exit. There are some good beaches and some small eclectic hotels that line the boardwalk on the beach in Hollywood which is not to far from FLL. Not 4 stars though. If you want to explore S. Florida and potentially visit the Keys (personal bias) then you may not want to add the 30-45 minutes to bypass MIA to get to FLL. Your options for flights crossing the pond also may be more limited out of Fort Lauderdale.

We had about 4 or 5 inches Saturday night, just enough to break out the snowblower.

I hate you just a little right now.

Welcome to Winnipeg!

Yeah, yeah. Rub it in, Mr. Snowblower man!

Fortunately, we're supposed to get up to 57 today so we can get rid of this gift we never wanted. Sorry you're having to re-shovel. :sad2:

We won't see 57 for at least 3 months. Maybe 4.
Could be worse. Where I used to live, it would be 6-7.

I wish I could take credit for the picture but I was not invited to the party. For those who joined after she went to Indonesia, that was a solo trip for a research internship. The traveling alone caused me to lose at least 10 years on my life. Multiple stops including Tokyo and Hong Kong and American lost her luggage along the way. The place was a a very small island and the amenities were spartan. She caught a rat nibbling on her phone case. She loved every second of it and as part of it she did a poster presentation that was accepted at a coral reef symposium in Hawaii.

I can see that as a reason to age, yet.... wow. That's a heck of an adventure. (Including the rats)

If I were you I would be taking Elsa's mantra and just let it go.

If I let it go, I couldn't get in my house!

Hmmm..... reason to go to Disney?

Ah man, that's just gotta be the definition of futility. Take it easy on your back there mate.

Thanks. I know how to shovel, though, so that helps. (Lots of people who live in snowy climates actually don't.)

Thanks buddy, nice tip. I'll look into who flies out of there, hadn't really considered it. Is the DW over the Man U loss and the penalty?

I think she's good. I came in just after City scored their 2nd goal, seemed like a pretty entertaining game. The save Ederson made with his throat was huge.

Does anyone know what a Monogenean Trematode is?
Nnnnnnnnnnnnope. I wouldn't even know what a regular Trematode is, let alone a Monogenean one.
If you want to explore S. Florida and potentially visit the Keys (personal bias) then you may not want to add the 30-45 minutes to bypass MIA to get to FLL.
We are starting to lean this way. I think the kids are not old enough for us to experience Central Miami/S Beach properly, so seems crazy to dump money in one of those hotels and not get to use the facilities. Thats why we looked at Naples. We thought we could be there a week and maybe a couple of days down in the keys. The FLL thing looks doable, so cheers Darcy for that one.

Hello boys! Looks like the Christmas activity is picking up for everyone. CJ hates people, Norm needs booze, Dan is freezing his chest nuts off, Darcy is on snow removal and the south is in a deep freeze - did I capture the weekend o.k.? Hey its Monday and pretty much over so that's a good start in my book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter