DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

It's Monday. I'm ready for Thursday. Where's that time travel remote control?

Pot roast, carrots, spuds and onions are in the Instant Pot.
We'll see how it turns out in an hour or so.

Verdict?

Major fights break out on a Carnival cruise. I would just hope the shiv wielder will be with me to watch my back. Idiots.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/carnival-legend-cruise-liner-brawl-australia/

Drunken idiots? Drunken pirate idiots?

do the women fight as well?

That's a different pay per view channel..... :goodvibes:goodvibes

::yes::::yes::

Morning gents.

And how was it?

Good! I don’t think as good as the slow cooker one... but good.

We are celebrating out first ever February stat holiday here in NB, Family Day.

Ours is Louis Riel day. I think it’s about our third one? Doesn’t matter to us since I work everyday I’m scheduled. No such thing as Stat days (get paid a bit more though) and DW is federal.

What he said.

What I said. ;)

Its weird, I've just had my boxes swapped out for my Satellite dish, I now have NHL network? I'm watching Winnipeg against Florida, I think....

Go Jets Go!

Took dd driving. She spun the tires at a dead stop. Front wheel drive Aztek. Almost hit the garage pulling in the driveway. I've been working on nicknames - lead foot and Mario kart were considered. I may go with Bandit.

Good! I don’t think as good as the slow cooker one... but good.
!

Good to know. Looking at those, but if the slow cooker is just as good, then that works for me.

Good to know. Looking at those, but if the slow cooker is just as good, then that works for me.
But a massive time saver. Instead of putting it on all day (and I typically don't think that far ahead, lately) you put it on about an hour before you want to eat.

Morning folks. Busy day ahead.
Bring the car in to be repaired (My kid hits things moving out of the garage. Hasn’t spun the wheels yet.) and then interview for a supervisor position at work.

Bring the car in to be repaired (My kid hits things moving out of the garage. Hasn’t spun the wheels yet.) and then interview for a supervisor position at work.
Good luck. We’re all counting on you.

Morning all.

Wet day here in the north but temps are on the plus side so I'm not complaining.

How about that Ice Dance competition!!

Took dd driving. She spun the tires at a dead stop. Front wheel drive Aztek. Almost hit the garage pulling in the driveway. I've been working on nicknames - lead foot and Mario kart were considered. I may go with Bandit.

Good luck to you.

"Hot-Rod Hayden" has a certain alliterative ring to it.....:car:

LOL :thumbsup2

Good luck with the interview.

Hello gents, trying to catch up after being preoccupied for a few days.
Good luck to some. Hopes for speedy recoveries to others.

I had a long weekend, kept busy painting the living room and watching the Olympics. Enjoying the games, but wondering what's happened to our Canadian curlers, especially the women. Seems likely they won't even make the playoffs. Darcy might know better, but I think Canada has had a curling medal in every one so far. It will be a bit of a shock if they don't make it though.

In other news, some of you may remember oldest DD (well, step-DD but that's just too silly to type out all the time and she's been "mine" since she was 3, so...) got the female lead role in their high school production of Footloose, which was supposed to go ahead this week. Well, last Thursday the male lead broke his leg. Not in the show business good luck sense, but in the get surgery and cast sense. It made the local news (article below). But the good thing is that they are delaying the show long enough for him to recover (somewhat) and still put it off. DD was pretty devastated last week thinking the show may be cancelled after a lot of hard work, but they are going to try making a go of it later in March.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfo...el-high-students-leg-break-hepditch-1.4538500

Sorry way behind so hope all are well and thoughts and prayers to those impacted by the senseless school shooting in Fla (I know I'm late). Saw that Norm is disappointed in lack of pictures from last weeks trip, posted a couple on the other place, not many pics taken but here's 4 parks in 2 days with the better half. Have a good one guys, and is it July yet? I really hate having to leave DaWorld

IMG_3440.jpg IMG_3445.jpg

IMG_3453.jpg IMG_3460.jpg

Text from dd at HS. Other students are planning a walkout today to protest Florida shootings. She isn't joining them thank goodness. Way too much drama right now.

But a massive time saver. Instead of putting it on all day (and I typically don't think that far ahead, lately) you put it on about an hour before you want to eat.

Good to know. I wonder if food marinating in the slow cooker all day also enhances the flavor though.

"Hot-Rod Hayden" has a certain alliterative ring to it.....:car:

One of her teachers already gave her a nickname - Dozer. Apparently, she plowed into him and the lectern and just kept on walking. That seems to be appropriate for her driving abilities as well. :sad2:

In other news, some of you may remember oldest DD (well, step-DD but that's just too silly to type out all the time and she's been "mine" since she was 3, so...) got the female lead role in their high school production of Footloose, which was supposed to go ahead this week. Well, last Thursday the male lead broke his leg. Not in the show business good luck sense, but in the get surgery and cast sense. It made the local news (article below). But the good thing is that they are delaying the show long enough for him to recover (somewhat) and still put it off. DD was pretty devastated last week thinking the show may be cancelled after a lot of hard work, but they are going to try making a go of it later in March.
Glad she gets to perform. That would be a terrible break for her. :scared1:

Sorry way behind so hope all are well and thoughts and prayers to those impacted by the senseless school shooting in Fla (I know I'm late). Saw that Norm is disappointed in lack of pictures from last weeks trip, posted a couple on the other place, not many pics taken but here's 4 parks in 2 days with the better half. Have a good one guys, and is it July yet? I really hate having to leave DaWorld

That's better. Try to get them posted during the trip next time. :lmao:

Text from dd at HS. Other students are planning a walkout today to protest Florida shootings. She isn't joining them thank goodness. Way too much drama right now.

I think the idea is admirable, but not sure if it will change anything...

Good to know. I wonder if food marinating in the slow cooker all day also enhances the flavor though.

My thought too. But it was good... and wayyyyyyy faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!