DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning all.

Had a pretty good weekend. Our little house concert on Friday night was great. If you ever get a chance to have a listen to Ethan Ash (a Brit by the way Dan) you should. I have a couple of videos from Friday over on Facebook if you want to give a listen. One is a cover and the other is one of his songs, both are great.

Yesterday was a weird day as we had about 10 to 12 hours of ice pellets. I tried to clean the driveway last night but there was only a little bit to move as the rest had froze solid; we now have nice hard packed driveway.

Few meeting set up for the week but other than than same old, same old.

Have a good Monday all.

Good luck. Did they give you a date when the successful candidate(s) would be advised?

They didn't, however, I was told that they wanted to fill the position fairly quickly (this is a state job, so whatever that means).

Good luck man, here's hoping for you. Let's hope you can play "Take this Job and Shove it" a little later on the tannoy, as you stride out of the building.

Thanks, I'm hoping to be able to be able to do that. Being a state job, the position I applied for is an entry level position, so I just hope that my years of experience (over 12 years doing the job they are hiring for) doesn't knock me out of the running. A couple of friends of mine have pointed out that I'm the candidate that the wouldn't have to spend so much time training, so I'm hoping they are right and I get a call. Either way, I'll let everyone know what happens.

Made it to another Monday. That's about it.

Especially when I know the best place in town.

Yes, there is a difference when there is good Chinese food. Being keto, I haven't been in 3 months and it's one of those things I miss.

Morning, gents! Had an ok weekend. Saturday was spent cleaning and having fun with the daughter. Sunday my daughter got sick, and she spent the day on the couch. Today, being Monday *sigh*, I must once again take myself to work and hope that I will get a call, or email, informing me that I got that job at the court. Well, have a good day and we'll chat later.

Get well soon - to both of you. I felt that coming on last week, but I must have mistaken. Or, maybe the bourbon and mucinex helped.

Already falling over I see.

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

I'm weird with Chinese food. Won't touch it over here, will inhale it in China. But then I guess all food in China is Chinese food.

Never been to China, unless you count the one in Epcot, and then, yes been many times. Chinese food made American style is terrific, and I'm sure super unhealthy.

Yesterday was a weird day as we had about 10 to 12 hours of ice pellets. I tried to clean the driveway last night but there was only a little bit to move as the rest had froze solid; we now have nice hard packed driveway.
Ugh! Don't envy you at all.
They didn't, however, I was told that they wanted to fill the position fairly quickly (this is a state job, so whatever that means).
Ah! So they should be finalizing the list of candidates in time for Valentines day 2028.
A couple of friends of mine have pointed out that I'm the candidate that the wouldn't have to spend so much time training, so I'm hoping they are right and I get a call. Either way, I'll let everyone know what happens.
Good point. ::yes::
Already falling over I see.
:laughing:

Top O the Mornin Dads! OK, this Is NOT the way. Back to reality this morning after a great trip with the brothers Dad. Randall is driving back home today and Rob is there for another 10 days hanging on and off with Doc I think. Will try to get some pics posted here as on the mobile device just a PITA
Is that Randall and Jeff F?
Randall and Rob

So gents, Happy New Year! We are planning a short visit down to Orlando at the end of February, just DW and I. Grandma has agreed to watch DS so we can go apartment hunting around the city, and get in a day at one of the parks. We are thinking Hollywood Studios since it has so much new stuff, but I always feel like I should do Magic Kingdom if I can only do one park. Anyways, really looking forward to a mini trip!
PM me if you need someone to help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!