DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

And made it to Sunday. With all the COVID crap, I was asked at job #2 to delay flexing off OT while we figured out new strategies. But, it was for only 1 month, as the FY ended in June. So, I'm now off the remainder of July at my 2nd job with pay. And, soon to be retired from job #1 has 2 vacation weeks and 4 sick days to burn in July. I guess I'll be playing pickleball everyday.

I hear it was a good book.

Read a book? You must be one of those edumacated intellexts.

You celebrate a day early?

The city did. I just went along and enjoyed my free tax dollar purchased fireworks.

Are you saying that some of your Canadian brethren are revolting and some aren't, or are you inferring that all us in the USA are revolting? I've been called a lot of things before, but revolting was never one of them..."disgusting, a pig, gross, ewww", but never revolting.

As an aside I'm still tracing the ancestors and have found most of them on my father's side are from the Midlands and south with a stray Yorkshire ancestor or two in there. All of them arrived more than 100 years before we ever made a fuss so I'd say they were a bit fed up even then. A few cases of Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout should start to sooth the irritation that I have had to carry for them all these years. While taxation without representation was a part of the complaints against George it had far more to do with judicial and legislative issues. From the Declaration of Independence...He has refused his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good. He has forbidden his Governors to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance. He has refused to pass otherlaws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only. He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public records. He has obstructed the administration of justice by refusing his assent to laws for establishing judiciary powers. He has made judges dependent on his will alone for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries. He has kept among us, in times of peace, standing armies without the consent of our legislatures. For imposing taxes on us without our consent. For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of trial by jury. He has abdicated government here, by declaring us out of his protection and waging war against us.

It is interesting to consider where or what we would be as a nation if England had given us Independence without the war. Would we have went with the same Constitution with free speech, assembly, guns, etc.?

Happy 4th guys.
Sorry I've missed a few days been crazy at work with the cases spiking here. And by the time I get home I don't feel like getting on the internet.
Hope all are well and enjoying their explosives and beer safely.

Well we are officially booked for our trip. May 17-21st 2021. Just gambling that things will be back to something we remember as normal. Hope to see you guys down there. We will be drinking around the world on the 18th for my DD 21st birthday y'all come join us.

May sounds fun, and drinking around the world is always a good idea. We are hoping for a September & December trip next year.

Afternoon, gents.

Did a bit of work on the deck. Just closed in one side of the stairs. It's far too hot and humid to continue. By the time I was done, it looked like I'd fallen into the pool. I was completely soaked.
(29C/84F out but with humidity, feels like 38C/100F)

Getting it done a little bit at a time.
Oh, I get that!

It's far too hot and humid to continue. By the time I was done, it looked like I'd fallen into the pool. I was completely soaked.
Understand that. Wife wasn't feeling good today so I had to work outside instead of finishing the bathroom remodel. Made it till about 3 pm we hit 107F. I haven't built up my heat tolerance for that yet.

Hey Gents! Hope all is well and had a great 4th! I spend the weekend starting the tetris game that would be a partial re-model of the kitchen by moving a set of cabinets. It went well and now we have a place to put a fridge! Yay! I spent the rest of the weekend doing things around the house and studying a bit for my medical course. I got a reminder email that I have 90 days left to take advantage of the two tests I paid for (totally forgot there was a time frame), and since I haven't been studying all that hard, I'm not cramming for it. I was able to get an extension on the second test, but have to take the first test before the end of the 90 days.

On the work front, things just got a little bit more interesting. Thursday morning they fired a guy in the warehouse, he was the second of the two guys that had been there for years, and my guess is that my supervisor wants to start over have all new guys on his team so he can do it his ways and not get any lip over it. Well, after this was done, he texts me and tells me to call him (he's been out on medical leave for about a month), and tells me he wants to meet with me early Monday morning...so I"ll be heading in early to go to this meeting. He did tell me that he wasn't offering me a job, but that this is a good thing and could lead to one. So, while this may not be a job offer, he may want me to apply for the open position. If that's the case, then I'll have a choice to make. 1) take a job where I could eventually be on a pension track, but no guaranteed hours in the beginning because I'll work when there are hours to be had, or 2) take a job that I really don't want to be in long term, but I'm already in with guaranteed hours? :confused3 Eh! I'll have to make a choice at some point, but I have to see what he wants to talk to me about first. I do know that I hold some pretty good cards. He just hired a new guy about a month ago, and apparently a new one starts today...so that'll be two new guys in the warehouse. They're going to need someone who knows what they are doing.

Well, gotta run. Have a good day, everyone!

If you didn't have fun, then why date her? Otherwise, you'd just marry her and the fun would be over. :sad2:

:laughing:

Now that's worth dreaming about, minus the you part.

:thumbsup2

Happy 4th to you wonderful southern gentlemen.
Just curious...will the "new normal" affect the way you celebrate this year?
Curious because Canada Day this year, with no fireworks, concerts, community stuff, for me just felt like another Wednesday...

I know a lot of 4th of July parades were cancelled, but there seemed to be plenty of fireworks around. I guess some of the private clubs still had theirs.

$115,942,452,183.08

Is this the amount we owe for tossing the tea in the harbor?

And made it to Sunday. With all the COVID crap, I was asked at job #2 to delay flexing off OT while we figured out new strategies. But, it was for only 1 month, as the FY ended in June. So, I'm now off the remainder of July at my 2nd job with pay. And, soon to be retired from job #1 has 2 vacation weeks and 4 sick days to burn in July. I guess I'll be playing pickleball everyday.

Sounds like a new hobby is in order.

If that's the case, then I'll have a choice to make. 1) take a job where I could eventually be on a pension track, but no guaranteed hours in the beginning because I'll work when there are hours to be had, or 2) take a job that I really don't want to be in long term, but I'm already in with guaranteed hours? :confused3

Take the 1st job offer you get, if you get a better job offer, then take that one... I sure wish someone had told me that a few years ago.

Is it Friday yet?
Yes Yes No GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Morning guys. Hopefully everyone is typing with all 8 fingers this morning and you had a good weekend.

Enjoyed some EPL this morning. Dan's West Ham club is advancing as the other teams at the bottom are losing.
Only just...….
To be fair 2 weeks ago I would have bitten your hand off for 4 points in 4 with Man City and Chelsea in the mix
Sounds good. I hope I can book something for next year.
Jan 7-10 is technically next year. I've got a Lilo Murphy bed with your name on it.
Who wouldn't love a Bacon flavoured cake?
A few cases of Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout should start to sooth the irritation that I have had to carry for them all these years
Sam Smith pubs are a little bit strange so I'll pass.
From the Declaration of Independence...
All good points. Some of the Founding ftahers also had a hand in the smuggled tea racket, which the EI Company had just collapsed the prices of, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't all Ethics and Morals 101 ;)
Never ran 7K in a day before
Good job there Ponzie. That's 7k more than I ran all last week, I was way too busy.
Wife wasn't feeling good today so I had to work outside instead of finishing the bathroom remodel. Made it till about 3 pm we hit 107F.
You worked outside in 95+? Isn't there some kind of man law against this?
Getting it done a little bit at a time.
Slow and steady wins the race, my friend.
Good luck getting booked with all the 50th events coming up.
I think there could be opportunity in August being quiet, a bit like the 3/4 weeks before GE opening, as everyone was waiting for the main event. I'm gonna take a look at that.
Would we have went with the same Constitution with free speech, assembly, guns, etc.?
Guns were legal here until the 20s.
Free speech & Assembly is enshrined in most constitutions, so I wouldn't imagine it would have been that much different. The Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness was a nice touch though.
Is this the amount we owe for tossing the tea in the harbor?
It's the generally perceived value of the tea ($900,000 in todays money) with a 100,000 "non delivery fee" to round it up to a million. We then charged you 5% compounded for, er, 244 years.
I know Chief said that he would send a check, but then we'd have to add on the 75 cents that the bank charges us for paying in checks.
Bit I guess that's not a deal breaker.
On the work front, things just got a little bit more interesting.
Good luck with the decision making. Just do what's best for you.

Last edited:
Morning boys.
I shouldn't be up. I have a day off today and start my cycle of midnight shifts tomorrow night. Just can't seem to get much sleep these days. Sucks.

Made it till about 3 pm we hit 107F. I haven't built up my heat tolerance for that yet.
:scared:
I spend the weekend starting the tetris game that would be a partial re-model of the kitchen by moving a set of cabinets. It went well and now we have a place to put a fridge!
Good for you!
I got a reminder email that I have 90 days left to take advantage of the two tests I paid for (totally forgot there was a time frame),
Whoops!
If that's the case, then I'll have a choice to make. 1) take a job where I could eventually be on a pension track, but no guaranteed hours in the beginning because I'll work when there are hours to be had, or 2) take a job that I really don't want to be in long term, but I'm already in with guaranteed hours? :confused3
Take the 1st job offer you get, if you get a better job offer, then take that one... I sure wish someone had told me that a few years ago.
What he said.
If he tells you he's clearing house and as soon as he does, he'll hire you, but only if you commit... just nod and say "Yup!"
And then if the Post job comes through, take it and don't look back. You might be able to do both for a bit? I mean if you start off with only a day here and there?
Same for me.
No, he's not paying for you either, Jeff.
It's Monday and I didn't want to get up this morning.
Oh, how I get that. And I shouldn't.
Hopefully everyone is typing with all 8 fingers this morning
Good job there Ponzie. That's 7k more than I ran all last week, I was way too busy.
Did another 4K last night. We're more than ready for our first 5K, and frankly, I kinda want to just do it already so I can start running farther.

Made it to Monday. Now to decide which two days I'll be sick this week.

Good luck getting booked with all the 50th events coming up.

I have my 11 month booking window. I should get them, especially September.

Afternoon, gents.

Did a bit of work on the deck. Just closed in one side of the stairs. It's far too hot and humid to continue. By the time I was done, it looked like I'd fallen into the pool. I was completely soaked.

Was there yesterday with tennis. It was a humid day. I'm fine with it though, and ready to move south.

Hey Gents! Hope all is well and had a great 4th! I spend the weekend starting the tetris game that would be a partial re-model of the kitchen by moving a set of cabinets. It went well and now we have a place to put a fridge! Yay! I spent the rest of the weekend doing things around the house and studying a bit for my medical course. I got a reminder email that I have 90 days left to take advantage of the two tests I paid for (totally forgot there was a time frame), and since I haven't been studying all that hard, I'm not cramming for it. I was able to get an extension on the second test, but have to take the first test before the end of the 90 days.

On the work front, things just got a little bit more interesting. Thursday morning they fired a guy in the warehouse, he was the second of the two guys that had been there for years, and my guess is that my supervisor wants to start over have all new guys on his team so he can do it his ways and not get any lip over it. Well, after this was done, he texts me and tells me to call him (he's been out on medical leave for about a month), and tells me he wants to meet with me early Monday morning...so I"ll be heading in early to go to this meeting. He did tell me that he wasn't offering me a job, but that this is a good thing and could lead to one. So, while this may not be a job offer, he may want me to apply for the open position. If that's the case, then I'll have a choice to make. 1) take a job where I could eventually be on a pension track, but no guaranteed hours in the beginning because I'll work when there are hours to be had, or 2) take a job that I really don't want to be in long term, but I'm already in with guaranteed hours? :confused3 Eh! I'll have to make a choice at some point, but I have to see what he wants to talk to me about first. I do know that I hold some pretty good cards. He just hired a new guy about a month ago, and apparently a new one starts today...so that'll be two new guys in the warehouse. They're going to need someone who knows what they are doing.

Well, gotta run. Have a good day, everyone!

:thumbsup2

Sounds like a new hobby is in order.

It's good to have options. Good luck on the job hunt and testing.

As for the hobby, I've got tennis, pickleball, and my old playstation connected, so I'm good. Anymore will sound like work.

Great advice. Same for women too. :lmao:

Only just...….
To be fair 2 weeks ago I would have bitten your hand off for 4 points in 4 with Man City and Chelsea in the mix

It may come down to the last week against Aston Villa. Win and you stay in.

Guns were legal here until the 20s.
Free speech & Assembly is enshrined in most constitutions, so I wouldn't imagine it would have been that much different. The Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness was a nice touch though.

Maybe. Maybe not. It's difficult to believe Americans would change their opinions on guns in 100 years, but it's possible. DW had a friend in NYC who said that it was commonplace to walk downstairs during a robbery, see the robbers, and just go back to bed. The robbers finished and then she called the police the next day to file an insurance report. I don't think I could ever live that way. I also don't know if I could pull the trigger on someone who had broke into my home. Hopefully, I'll never have to find out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter