DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning All,

just waiting for F1 qualifying to get underway. They had a delay because a car ran over an drain cover and popped it. Not a good thing for racing.

Not much else on tap for the day, just the usual weekend chores.

Have a good one all.

Purtty….

I ain’t near the level of expert in terms of photography as some of y’all, but I’ve been known to take a decent snapshot here and there.

Maybe I’ll post a few around here - give me an "excuse" to post so to speak.
And the images ain’t doing much good if no one ever sees ‘em, now are they?

Here's a few from one on my travels...

Nice shots, looks like an old fort. Where were they taken?

Morning all

Heading over to my folks for continental breakfast. Should be good.
just waiting for F1 qualifying to get underway. They had a delay because a car ran over an drain cover and popped it. Not a good thing for racing.
Not a good thing. Surprised that could even happen. I’ll be watching (delayed, recording) tomorrow.

Afternoon all. It's a cold day here, finally making it to 50 degrees. Brr. Played tennis this morning and won, although not at my best. Oldest dd backed her vehicle into someone's garage. I guess that garage was moving to fast and came out of nowhere. I told her she has to pay for it. DW and I heading out this afternoon to spend more $. Good thing I got a job. Y'll have a great day.

I need to get past the notion that I’m perpetually unwelcome, but it’s a very old perception for me. In truth - and on the positive side - I basically feel utterly lost and out of place in just one particular location. The less positive thing is that the location in question is this planet.

Well, you seem to fit in well here, which is good enough for me.

Possibly...

My thought on it is that the amount of perceived personal inconvenience is a more telling sign on who will or won’t accept a statute then the notion of whom or what created said rule.

Lisa: “…It’s a trick question!”

Judge: "Why is it a trick question? "

Lisa: “'Cause Chevy didn't make a 327 in '55, the 327 didn't come out till '63. And it wasn't offered in the Bel Air with a four-barrel carb till '64. However, in 1964, the correct ignition timing would be four degrees before top-dead-center."

I get the Cousin Vinny reference, but I'm not smart enough for the other. Having Marissa play Aunt May in Spiderman was a terrific idea.

Oldest dd backed her vehicle into someone's garage. I guess that garage was moving to fast and came out of nowhere.
Too bad. Similar thing happened to me a few years ago. DW hit a concrete post in a parking garage. She did not appreciate my “how fast was the post going when it hit you” comment.
Funny story. I didn’t bother to get it fixed at the time, it was just a bad scrape on the front bumper. Just last year, DW was at the gas pump, got backed into by another car, in exactly the same place on the bumper. I got it replaced on the guys insurance, so he actually did me a favour.
Moral of the story: sometimes doing nothing actually works out.

Morning, Gents! Well, not much to report today. I saw something on Facebook that gave me a chuckle: "Of all the things I learned in grade school, trying to avoid cooties was the last one I expected to use later in life." I saw that and thought, "That true, I've learned how to avoid cooties." :rotfl2:

Happy Friday. Played tennis yesterday and enjoyed a nice, relaxing day. And, I received an email back from the therapist job that I turned down. They had hired for one position, but still had the 2nd available. I said I would take it. Now, just have to work out the details. I enjoyed a beer and a cigar last night with the firepit.

I emailed the retirement Board, and included the companies website information along with a quote from their annual, independent audit, citing cash flow and equity stock accounts, with a statement in the form of a question that it couldn't be considered a government agency. Now, I just gotta hope the lawyers are smart enough on this one.

Hope the lawyers rule in your favor.

I hate care repairs too, but I found returning to the dealer was ultimately the best option. I had other mechanic shops look at stuff and try to fix it. They charged less, but eventually the same thing would malfunction again. The dealer repair place fixed it finally, but charged more $. So, I'll just return there.

Dealers may charge a bit more, but I was told once by the manager of the service department for the dealer I go to (he's no longer there), and he once told me that he tries to match those prices at other places, independents as well, to try and be competitive. Not sure if that's true, but I know he gave me a good deal on some major work on my car...so it worked on me.

I ain’t near the level of expert in terms of photography as some of y’all, but I’ve been known to take a decent snapshot here and there.

Maybe I’ll post a few around here - give me an "excuse" to post so to speak.
And the images ain’t doing much good if no one ever sees ‘em, now are they?

Here's a few from one on my travels...

View attachment 534269

View attachment 534270

View attachment 534272

View attachment 534273

View attachment 534274

Nice pics! Saint Augustine, Florida? That's what comes to mind when I see these.

Afternoon all. It's a cold day here, finally making it to 50 degrees. Brr. Played tennis this morning and won, although not at my best. Oldest dd backed her vehicle into someone's garage. I guess that garage was moving to fast and came out of nowhere. I told her she has to pay for it. DW and I heading out this afternoon to spend more $. Good thing I got a job. Y'll have a great day.

A win's a win! Take it. And congratulations.

Too bad. Similar thing happened to me a few years ago. DW hit a concrete post in a parking garage. She did not appreciate my “how fast was the post going when it hit you” comment.
Funny story. I didn’t bother to get it fixed at the time, it was just a bad scrape on the front bumper. Just last year, DW was at the gas pump, got backed into by another car, in exactly the same place on the bumper. I got it replaced on the guys insurance, so he actually did me a favour.

Gotta love it when that happens.

Made it to Sunday. EPL this morning - Southhampton vs Everton. Maybe I'll watch some NFL later, but unlikely. I'm in the Indianapolis, Chicago, Cincinnati, Tennessee markets, so only 25% chance I get a good game there to watch.

Our city has had tremendous growth over the past few years, with a shift in new commercial construction development on my side of town. In that process, a developer is building a massive outdoor shopping area and all the businesses are re-locating. Thus, our mall is empty except for the a few remaining stores and the seniors who walk it. Yesterday, DW and I drove to Bowling Green which features a State University and a slightly larger population. Their mall was full of people and most stores were open. It was nice to get out and see people doing normal things.

Stupid garage!

Exactly. There should be a law. :rolleyes1

That's a good story and outcome. My dd pushed the bumper up and cracked the tail light assembly though. Still, I'm not going to fix it. I was hoping she would gave changed things by now. Sadly, I don't see much effort on her part or any plan she has for the future.

A win's a win! Take it. And congratulations.

It feels good to win, but I really don't put too much effort into playing, unless I'm in a tournament. For me, it's just fun and some exercise. I'll sub in different groups, and I still play with some who are extremely competitive. I know I drive them crazy at times.

Easily surmountable. There's always...
http://www.mars-one.com/
Riiiiiiight...
Tell ya' what; once they actually build the working ships for the transit and the basic infrastructure for survival at the destination, then we'll discuss it.

Not bad! Not the highest honour I've ever gotten, but I'll give it a solid #2.
I can think of no more fitting response to such an honor.

Oldest dd backed her vehicle into someone's garage. I guess that garage was moving to fast and came out of nowhere.
Hate that for y'all. My young'en did pretty much the same thing back when he first got his licence. We never did repair that car, and he got to drive it for quite some time with the visual reminder to be more careful every time he walked toward it.

I get the Cousin Vinny reference, but I'm not smart enough for the other.
Nope, ain't buyin' it. You're a fairly smart fellow.
We often disagree, but I'll argue with anyone that you're a right smart individual.

Sometimes you win.

Other times...
Second half of the story of my young'en error goes that after a number of years of not repairing the damage, I ended up taking that car back as my daily driver. Battered fender and all. So I got to be the beneficiary of not doing the repairs. On the up side, we drove that car way beyond it's intended design life and ultimately got every bit of the bucks we paid for it back out of it.

So maybe there is a win in there somewhere.

"Of all the things I learned in grade school, trying to avoid cooties was the last one I expected to use later in life."
Yep...
Some of life's most valuable lessons are picked up in the early grades.

But then again, some of the most damaging lessons have a tendency to tag along for the ride as well during those same time frames.

Again, win some, lose some.

Pretty. Where is that?
Nice shots, looks like an old fort. Where were they taken?
Nice pics! Saint Augustine, Florida? That's what comes to mind when I see these.

It called Atalaya.
A former residence and artist studio that is currently part of Huntington Beach State Park on the Carolina coast down where we stay during our beach trips. Very cool old building and along with the related Brookgreen Gardens complex is very much a spot worth checking out if you ever happen to get down this way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atalaya_Castle_(US)

I do have some good stuff from "St Augie" though, so I'll probably be posting up some of those in the near.

Morning All.

First really cool day here, right around the freezing mark with the wind. Good day to watch some F1 racing and some football later on, maybe a nap thrown in for good measure.

Fun Zoom call last night with a good bunch. Not sure who here knows DVC (David Van Cleave) but his mother passed a couple of days ago. He did jump in on the call for a bit and I think we all did a pretty good job of helping him just forget for a bit. Just another of the reasons why this group is made up by a great group of guys.

Have a great Sunday all!

Morning, folks

"Of all the things I learned in grade school, trying to avoid cooties was the last one I expected to use later in life." I saw that and thought, "That true, I've learned how to avoid cooties." :rotfl2:
:lmao:
Doing nothing is what I do Best!
You're good for nothing!
Their mall was full of people and most stores were open. It was nice to get out and see people doing normal things.
I'm curious. Was everyone wearing masks? Or no one? Or...?
Riiiiiiight...
Tell ya' what; once they actually build the working ships for the transit and the basic infrastructure for survival at the destination, then we'll discuss it.
Nah. Just head on out. I'm sure they'll have stuff like that set up when you get there. Or within a reasonable time frame of your arrival.
My young'en did pretty much the same thing back when he first got his licence. We never did repair that car, and he got to drive it for quite some time with the visual reminder to be more careful every time he walked toward it.
Like that.
We've done the opposite. Youngest wanted to borrow the car. DW's brand new car. She rear ended someone. We made her pay the insurance deductible. $500. A lot of money for her. She's much more careful now.
Good day to watch some F1 racing and some football later on
I'll be watching F1 later today or tomorrow (so no spoilers!). I'm more looking forward to the season finale Indycar race this afternoon.

Morning, Gents! Well, another Monday, another work week. Not much to report. Oh, wait! Yes, I do have something to report: We have an almost fully functioning kitchen again. My friend, the plumber, came by last night to hook up our dishwasher. So now we have 3 of the 4 appliances hooked up and working. We haven't gotten the over the range microwave hooked up yet, but we still have our old one, so we have a fully functioning kitchen. Wwwweeeeeee!!! It's the little things in life. The DMiL is still in the hospital after her stent, and her operation will happen tomorrow I believe, could be today, I just don't remember which. Continued prayers and good vibes for a speedy recovery would be appreciated. Well, that's all I have. Have a good day and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Our city has had tremendous growth over the past few years, with a shift in new commercial construction development on my side of town. In that process, a developer is building a massive outdoor shopping area and all the businesses are re-locating. Thus, our mall is empty except for the a few remaining stores and the seniors who walk it. Yesterday, DW and I drove to Bowling Green which features a State University and a slightly larger population. Their mall was full of people and most stores were open. It was nice to get out and see people doing normal things.

Outdoor shopping seems to be the way things are going now a days. I use to live in Albuquerque, NM, and there's one mall that closed because a huge outdoor shopping mall opened across the street draining the mall of businesses and foot traffic. We still have out mall here on the Cape, but since Covid hit, a lot of stores have pulled out. The mall has, however, had a big expansion recently. A Target moved into the old Sears location, tearing down the old Sears and re-doing that whole end of the mall. A Planet Fitness and Dicks Sporting goods have also moved in, so things are looking up. Unfortunately a lot of smaller shops have closed, as did a couple of chains like Hollister and Banana Republic. Signs of the times, I guess.

It feels good to win, but I really don't put too much effort into playing, unless I'm in a tournament. For me, it's just fun and some exercise. I'll sub in different groups, and I still play with some who are extremely competitive. I know I drive them crazy at times.

That's cool that you play tennis, I tried as a kid and gave up because I have horrible hand eye coordination....or did. Now? I'd hurt something trying play tennis.

Riiiiiiight...

I think it'd be cool living on another planet. However, not sure I'd be willing to give up what I have here to do it, though.

Yep...
Some of life's most valuable lessons are picked up in the early grades.

But then again, some of the most damaging lessons have a tendency to tag along for the ride as well during those same time frame
s.

Again, win some, lose some.

::yes::::yes::

Morning All.

First really cool day here, right around the freezing mark with the wind. Good day to watch some F1 racing and some football later on, maybe a nap thrown in for good measure.

Not sure when it's supposed to get cold here, but yesterday started off nice, cool, but nice, and then got chilly by the evening.

Fun Zoom call last night with a good bunch. Not sure who here knows DVC (David Van Cleave) but his mother passed a couple of days ago. He did jump in on the call for a bit and I think we all did a pretty good job of helping him just forget for a bit. Just another of the reasons why this group is made up by a great group of guys.

Have a great Sunday all!

I looked for the zoom information Saturday evening in the FB group but found nothing. Is there a spot in the FB group that they tag it/freeze it for everyone to see? I was actually thinking about it and wanted to, but just couldn't. Oh well, next weekend.

WAIT!!!! I found it...a bit late, but I found it. Now, just to be clear, the FB group is The DisDad's Club, yes? Just wanted to make sure I was in the right group.

Happy Dance GIF by CBBC - Find & Share on GIPHY

Morning, Gents! Well, another Monday, another work week. Not much to report. Oh, wait! Yes, I do have something to report: We have an almost fully functioning kitchen again. My friend, the plumber, came by last night to hook up our dishwasher. So now we have 3 of the 4 appliances hooked up and working. We haven't gotten the over the range microwave hooked up yet, but we still have our old one, so we have a fully functioning kitchen. Wwwweeeeeee!!! It's the little things in life. The DMiL is still in the hospital after her stent, and her operation will happen tomorrow I believe, could be today, I just don't remember which. Continued prayers and good vibes for a speedy recovery would be appreciated. Well, that's all I have. Have a good day and we'll chat later.

I looked for the zoom information Saturday evening in the FB group but found nothing. Is there a spot in the FB group that they tag it/freeze it for everyone to see? I was actually thinking about it and wanted to, but just couldn't. Oh well, next weekend.

WAIT!!!! I found it...a bit late, but I found it. Now, just to be clear, the FB group is The DisDad's Club, yes? Just wanted to make sure I was in the right group.

Always nice to have a functioning kitchen.

Sending good thoughts to your MIL.

That's the right group. If you don't see the post, you can always find it under events.

So If forgot to mention that I finally plugged hole that the mice/rats have been using to get into the garage. My wife kept using foam to fill the hole, foam that's supposed to stop rodents from getting in...yeah, didn't work. So I stopped by an Aubuchon Hardware store and bought two good sized bags of steel wool. I stuffed the hole with it and then nailed wooden shingles to the outside of the holes. I read that mice/rats hate steel wool, so hopefully that'll stop them if they can get past the wooden shingles.

That's just too much movement and excitement for this Monday morning.

Always nice to have a functioning kitchen.

Isn't it, though? I love when things work.

Sending good thoughts to your MIL.

Thanks, man, appreciate it.

That's the right group. If you don't see the post, you can always find it under events.

Awesome! Thanks for confirming.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!