DDP Alcholic Drink vs. dessert?

2hapykdz

DIS Veteran
Just curious.....since they chopped off dessert and added an alcoholic drink this year.....has anyone asked to swap for a dessert instead. Ironic...cause we're not really dessert people....but now that it's not included I whine for it!!!LOL Don't get me wrong ....I love a good cocktail......but has anyone tried asking for dessert in lieu of one?TIA!!!!

Just curious.....since they chopped off dessert and added an alcoholic drink this year.....has anyone asked to swap for a dessert instead. Ironic...cause we're not really dessert people....but now that it's not included I whine for it!!!LOL Don't get me wrong ....I love a good cocktail......but has anyone tried asking for dessert in lieu of one?TIA!!!!

Lunch and dinner still get dessert on the DDP....Are you referring to the QSDP?

You can still do this at most resorts, but inside the parks is hit or miss. Always worth an ask, but if you're paying for the dining plan, doing this swap will likely result in you losing money.

As PP said, dessert is still intact on the TS meals; it's only QS meals that no longer have dessert (and that dessert was actually taken away LAST year before they added alcohol).

You can still do this at most resorts, but inside the parks is hit or miss. Always worth an ask, but if you're paying for the dining plan, doing this swap will likely result in you losing money.

As PP said, dessert is still intact on the TS meals; it's only QS meals that no longer have dessert (and that dessert was actually taken away LAST year before they added alcohol).

But didn't they replace it by giving you a second snack per day?

OP ~ my guess is your results will vary from place to place. They each have their own management who make their decisions.

But didn't they replace it by giving you a second snack per day?

OP ~ my guess is your results will vary from place to place. They each have their own management who make their decisions.
Thats what I thought? Was looking for anyone who used DDP(Free dining actually) in the last few months.

Thats what I thought? Was looking for anyone who used DDP(Free dining actually) in the last few months.

There have been a few scattered reports of people trying to do the swap. It's very rare that it is allowed INSIDE the parks. If you want dessert with your QS meal, you'll most likely have to use one of your two snack credits to get it.

The dining plan is the dining plan. There is no distinction between Free Dining Plan and Dining plan other than how it was purchased, so once you get to the restaurant, your credit is just a dining credit. There is no asterisk beside it for the server to see you got in as part of a discounted package.

The dessert on the QS meal was taken away quite a while ago, and was replaced with an additional snack, so if you want a sweet with your meal, you can use the snack credit. AS much as I love dessert, and we did get those cupcakes and little packaged cakes at CS meals, I much prefer the option of using my "dessert snack credit" between meals so I have a wider variety of dessert options when I stop for afternoon coffee.

Lunch and dinner still get dessert on the DDP....Are you referring to the QSDP?
When I read this, I thought I might have "missed something". My understanding is that with the DDP, a dessert is included at lunch and dinner is if is is a TS. With the QS meal, the dessert if not included anymore, but I was told an alcoholic beverage IS included with the QS meal? A little surprised when I heard about an alcoholic beverage being included in a QS meal, but then again, didn't use the DDP in 2017 or so far in 2018. Can anyone confirm?:confused: Thanks!:disrocks:

When I read this, I thought I might have "missed something". My understanding is that with the DDP, a dessert is included at lunch and dinner is if is is a TS. With the QS meal, the dessert if not included anymore, but I was told an alcoholic beverage IS included with the QS meal? A little surprised when I heard about an alcoholic beverage being included in a QS meal, but then again, didn't use the DDP in 2017 or so far in 2018. Can anyone confirm?:confused: Thanks!:disrocks:

You are correct. Dessert is included with lunch or dinner at TS restaurants that offer dessert. CS restaurant credits no longer include a dessert with the credit. The dessert was removed and an additional snack was added. An alcoholic beverage is included with each credit, TS or CS, if there is alcohol offered on the menu.

Exactly!

The dining plan is the dining plan. There is no distinction between Free Dining Plan and Dining plan other than how it was purchased, so once you get to the restaurant, your credit is just a dining credit. There is no asterisk beside it for the server to see you got in as part of a discounted package.

The dessert on the QS meal was taken away quite a while ago, and was replaced with an additional snack, so if you want a sweet with your meal, you can use the snack credit. AS much as I love dessert, and we did get those cupcakes and little packaged cakes at CS meals, I much prefer the option of using my "dessert snack credit" between meals so I have a wider variety of dessert options when I stop for afternoon coffee.

Yup, we thought this move was a real plus. We never wanted dessert with QS meals especially since most were boring or the same old. This allows us a snack later and our choice, BUT for those who liked dessert with their meal, they just use their snack credit. Might be one reason a dining spot won’t allow the swap ... but can’t ever hurt to ask.

Yup, we thought this move was a real plus. We never wanted dessert with QS meals especially since most were boring or the same old. This allows us a snack later and our choice, BUT for those who liked dessert with their meal, they just use their snack credit. Might be one reason a dining spot won’t allow the swap ... but can’t ever hurt to ask.

ABsolutely. If you do not ask, you will never know if you woudl have been granted your request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter