DDP for a non-drinker?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Is the DDP worth it for someone who doesn't drink alcohol? I know that I can get non-alcoholic specialty drinks, but even those cost less than alcoholic drinks. Just trying to compare costs. Last time I did the DDP was about 10 years ago, when you got appetizer, entree, dessert, and even tip covered.

Is the DDP worth it for someone who doesn't drink alcohol? I know that I can get non-alcoholic specialty drinks, but even those cost less than alcoholic drinks. Just trying to compare costs. Last time I did the DDP was about 10 years ago, when you got appetizer, entree, dessert, and even tip covered.

Totally depends on how, where you want to eat and who is in your party. It CAN be worth it, but need a few more particulars to help you.

Unfortunately, there's no real way to tell except to do the math. Look at menus, see what you would order, and crunch the numbers.

For me, I know there's no way the DDP would make sense. I wouldn't even get my $$ out of the QSDP. We do lots of meal sharing and not many buffet/AYCE meals.

This is a math exercise. I usually set up a spread sheet and estimate the costs

If you have under 9 kids and do a lot of character buffets, this can be a better deal

Qs meal credits can be used for all adult meals, stretching those credits a bit if some can share

I wish it was an easy answer. YOu really need to do math, as has already been suggested. The specialty drinks are pricy, and they are included, so I would indulge in one of those.

Thanks all! I used to be a math teacher (before I retired), but this is giving me a headache thinking about it. I think on my next trip, I'll load a gift card with $75/dayX6nights and then just eat as I want/need and see what happens.

Thanks all! I used to be a math teacher (before I retired), but this is giving me a headache thinking about it. I think on my next trip, I'll load a gift card with $75/dayX6nights and then just eat as I want/need and see what happens.

LOL! Lightweight! !! LOL!!!

I flunked Algebra 5 times (that's right 5) and and uhm I can do it :eek: :lmao: :cool:.

I flunked Algebra 5 times (that's right 5) and and uhm I can do it :eek: :lmao: :cool:.
I know! I just add it up. Excel is awesome!!!

Honestly, I think that it is easy to make this a harder task than necessary. Once you choose Your restaurants, especailly if they are fixed price like character meals, and look at CS meals costs of the restaurants you think you will visit, adding up the cost per day is pretty easy. I think it all comes down to knowing how your family tends to order when dining out.

I will often do two versions. How I would really order and how I would order on the ddp

While we would both get apps, we would split one dessert or skip altogether

As others have said it depends on where you dine and what you order.
DDP Cost = $75.50 per person per day.

Example 1,
QS lunch at Polite Pig, Ribs $23, Beer $9 = $32
TS Dinner at Coral Reef, Salmon Filet $32, Dessert $9, Margarita $13 = $54
2 Snacks @ $5 each

Total $96 + tax = $103

You'd save $103 - $75.50 = $27.50

Example 2,
QS lunch at ABC Commissary, Bacon Cheeseburger $11.50, Soda $3.30
TS Dinner at Prime Time, Meatloaf $18, Dessert $7, Soda $3.30
2 Snacks @ $4

Total $51.10 + tax = $54.68

You'll lose $75.50 - $54.68 = $20.82

As others have said it depends on where you dine and what you order.
DDP Cost = $75.50 per person per day.

Example 1,
QS lunch at Polite Pig, Ribs $23, Beer $9 = $32
TS Dinner at Coral Reef, Salmon Filet $32, Dessert $9, Margarita $13 = $54
2 Snacks @ $5 each

Total $96 + tax = $103

You'd save $103 - $75.50 = $27.50

Example 2,
QS lunch at ABC Commissary, Bacon Cheeseburger $11.50, Soda $3.30
TS Dinner at Prime Time, Meatloaf $18, Dessert $7, Soda $3.30
2 Snacks @ $4

Total $51.10 + tax = $54.68

You'll lose $75.50 - $54.68 = $20.82

This is an excellent visual explanation why no one can arbitrarily determine a plan is worth it or not worth the cost for any individual family. Mine would be ordering the first example, and if truth be told, the snacks we would choose would probably exceed the $5 range. (My DD and DSIL make it their job to be sure they are not paying OOP for the most expensive snacks and using their credits for "water" lol!!!) Every tip has some sort of focus, and this one has them planning their snacks all over the World, and that list is getting longer and longer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter