DDP What non buffet restaurants require everyone to use a dining credit?

Llama mama

DIS Veteran
Have the DDP , what non Buffett restaurants require everyone to use a dining credit. I have heard Via Napoli requires everyone to use one. Is there any others?

VN is the only one I'm aware of but others will certainly pipe in if they've more knowledge of eateries to add:).

Any time it is an all you can eat meal, or if you choose the all you can eat option (i.e. the skillet at whispering canyon or feast at LTT), or a character meal (they are all either buffet, family style, or pre fixe)

Im confused by what this means.
We are on the DDP. So at BOG we are only planning on using 3 credits for our meals with 4 people because with the pastry tray it’s too much food. At Via Napoli you have to use 1 credit per person on the dining plan . I just didn’t know if other restaurants did too. I know buffets and such are all 1 credit per person. So now I know some others were I need to plan to have enough dining credits or pay OOP for anything additional .

Most TS restaurants where you order a la carte from a menu you can share (i.e. use one dining credit to feed two or more people). One exception, as you mentioned, is Via Napoli where you cannot share when using credits and you cannot combine credits for the larger size pizza.

You cannot share and everyone 3 years and older will be charged at buffets, all you care to eat family style restaurants (e.g. Garden Grill), fixed price meals (e.g. dinner at BOG, Akershus, CRT, Storybook Dining), the dinner shows (Hoop De Doo, Poly Luau), all you care to eat entrees (e.g. the platter at LTT and Whispering Canyon), and special dining packages (e.g. Candlelight Processional.)

Have the DDP , what non Buffett restaurants require everyone to use a dining credit. I have heard Via Napoli requires everyone to use one. Is there any others?

Technically, VN doesn't require everyone to use a credit, but they do require everyone to order something IF some are using credits.

Question about VN: My mom lives locally and will be joining me for a lunch res at VN. I have the DxDP. If I order a personal pizza using a TS credit and my mom orders a salad or whatever cash, do they stand there and police the food if I get full and give her a piece of pizza?
...or Are you saying that if I order a salad as my appetizer and the pizza as my entree, I can't give her the salad if I don't want it? If I use my plan to get dessert, is she not allowed to have a bite or share the dessert?

We are on the DDP. So at BOG we are only planning on using 3 credits for our meals with 4 people because with the pastry tray it’s too much food. At Via Napoli you have to use 1 credit per person on the dining plan . I just didn’t know if other restaurants did too. I know buffets and such are all 1 credit per person. So now I know some others were I need to plan to have enough dining credits or pay OOP for anything additional .

BOG at breakfast time (you mentioned the pastries, which is only a breakfast thing) is a CS situation. Not TS. Different rules.

Question about VN: My mom lives locally and will be joining me for a lunch res at VN. I have the DxDP. If I order a personal pizza using a TS credit and my mom orders a salad or whatever cash, do they stand there and police the food if I get full and give her a piece of pizza?
...or Are you saying that if I order a salad as my appetizer and the pizza as my entree, I can't give her the salad if I don't want it? If I use my plan to get dessert, is she not allowed to have a bite or share the dessert?

As long as your mom orders some kind of entree (maybe even just an app), you can share the food at the table. You cannot just order your components and then give her part of them. She has to order something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!