• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Deal on Park Hoppers?

tigger2222

Earning My Ears
The only item I have left to buy is 4-day park hopper passes. I need 2 adult and 2 child. I am not a DC member, but I do have my old card (can't think of whats it's called Magic Kingdom club?) will that work? I also am a member of AAA. I must get a good deal on these passes, DH is getting upset at how much has been spent on room/rental car/air fare etc.

Is there anyway to buy them on-line? I'm thinking this will save tax?? Any suggestions will be helpful and help me stay within DH budget.

Thanks
TIG:bounce:

Your old Magic Kingdom card has to be updated to work. Pete has discounted tickets on this website - go to top of page and look for Discount Attraction Tickets. I think AAA can discount a bit if you bookthru them. Otherwise, there's just no really outstanding discounts available. 5% is about the largest I've seen.

Thanks, I went to Discount Tickets above and believe that is the best deal. $712.00 total for all 4 tickets. I was figuring 748.32 with tax and using the DC card, which I'd have to upgrade to.

I do have a question before I order. Are the passes shipped to me? Will I get the actual passes that I use at the parks or do I get a voucher or something? If it's a voucher, how and when can I get the hopper passes?
Thanks for all your help.

TIG

33 days and counting....... :bounce: I can't wait :p

Are you by any chance a Marriott Rewards or Hilton Honors member with a ton of points? You can redeem points from either program for Dis passes. I believe the Hilton Honors is about 50,000 points for a kid's 4 day park hopper plus.

You may save a few more dollars if you buy your passes from AAA because you won't have to pay shipping if you go and pick them up at an AAA office. I found out that you can't save any money on sales tax by purchasing online ( I asked about that on the board a few weeks ago) - good thought anyway! Also, for the five day hoppers, which we are getting, it is about three dollars cheaper per ticket through AAA than through DIS. I guess it depends if you like the convenience of having them delivered to your door as opposed to having to go to an AAA office to get them. Hope this helps a little. :D

I purchased 5 day park hopper plus through DU for my last trip in May. I recieved actual tickets.

When I checked in at PO Riverside I was able to have the tickets transferred to our room keys (one for me, my DD and DW) so all I had to do was carry on card. I also had charging priveleges added to this and it made it simple.

One more suggestion is Ticketmania, they are offering the same discounts as if you had a DC and its their 5th Anniversary so they aren't charging for shipping and handling, their link is below. Hope this helps!

www.ticketmania.com

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

I see from the ticketmania site that 2 adult & 2 childrens 4 day par hopper would come to $704 with free shipping of actual tickets. Anyone ever used ticketmania? Any opinions please?

I'd also like to know about ticketmania. I was thinking of going with AAA, but this will save a few more $$$. Any info from anyone?

Thanks
TIG

29 days 'til we meet the mouse!:bounce: :smooth: :bounce:

CDNTOWDW, I did a search on ticketmania.com and found lots of info, all most all of it positive. I would suggest a search, there's plenty of info.

TIG:D

TIG,

How exactly do you do a search on ticketmania? Do you mean search the web using a search engine or what? Call me slow.:D

I would also like some info on them because they are offering a 5 day park hopper with 4 add ons instead of 2 and I am not sure how this is possible. Has anyone seen this before or taken advantage of it?

Thanks!
Lisa

Go to the top of this page and by FAQ there's a search option. I just put in Ticketmania and no other options, it brought up lots of info about ticketmania from these boards.

TIG:D 26 days until we meet the mouse!

Don't know if this makes sense or even if this is doable:

Lets say you have 2 unused days on a 4 day hopper -can you apply the value of those unused days toward the purchase of an annual pass? If so, do you 'lose' any value -- are you better off just using the 2 days you have left at the parks rather then deducting them off price of the annual pass?

What about if you bought the 5 day hopper being mentioned here for a discount through Ticketmania - would it pay to buy it through them and not use ANY of the days but apply entire 5 day toward the purchase of an annual pass when you get to WDW? Would the amount deducted from the annual pass be the discounted price charged by Ticketmania or the price before discount?

Thanks for your reply. Interesting AT&T discount. Brother works for Verizon - may be they offer something similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter