Dealing with crowds at Castaway Cay.

I agree with the above posts. In 22 visits to CC, on all 4 ships, we have never felt like we were dealing with crowds. While I have seen the chairs get to a limited number, in fact once we gave 2 of ours that were were holding for our kids to a family that was looking for some, I think it is rare that there would be none.

Descending vote here. We were on a spring break Fantasy SWDAS a few years ago. We got off around 11am and I found the very last unclaimed chair on the entire family beach in the sun next to the cabanas. There were plenty of empty chairs, but all had towels on them. Some also had the water chairs piled up in front of their beach chair with a shoe or something on them. After lunch, around 1:30 there was much more availability, though.

dissenting?

I'm sure this question does come up and I did do a search but couldn't find what I was looking for. On my upcoming cruises I'll be on the larger ships for the first time. One at least one I do want to do the 5k but I've heard that doesn't get you to the beach early any longer. So how do I deal with the larger crowds out at the beach and better yet how do I prepare my daughter for them?

I would recommend to either try to book a cabana (they can be pricey but there are a lot of inclusions and they are very enjoyable) or disembark as early as possible in order to secure chairs and umbrellas close to your favorite spot on the island.

Last edited:

Thank you so much everyone. In our three trips we always go to the second beach and get the loungers right next to the first set of cabanas. It just feels comfy there. My DD keeps changing her mind on whether or not she wants to walk the 5k with me. I hope she will as I don't like going back to the ship to get her.

Just back from Castaway on the Fantasy - after 5 days at sea- the beach, sand & ☀️ were very welcome! Our family has done both the family beach and the Cabanas. We ❤️ Our Cabana experiences, but had no trouble finding an open chair or even two 🏝🏝 when there without one. We did have early disembark for the 5k one year, but saw plenty of 5kers able to grab a comfortable place on the beach this year. That being said, the water is mostly “wade worthy” at this time due to the additional sand in the lagoon.

Thank you so much everyone. In our three trips we always go to the second beach and get the loungers right next to the first set of cabanas. It just feels comfy there. My DD keeps changing her mind on whether or not she wants to walk the 5k with me. I hope she will as I don't like going back to the ship to get her.

We were able to get chairs here last week on our Fantasy cruise, what a great spot!!!(I didn't realize there were chairs here! ) It was our 3rd time at CC on the Fantasy. The other 2 times we were in the back rows in the main section of the second family beach. We never walked to this section on our 2 previous cruises. We got off once we were allowed a little after 8:30, but there were A LOT more people who got off in front of us. Most of the chairs were taken in this area by 9:30-9:45.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter